Blank-133x176
Murder on Music Row: A...

Stuart Dill

Murder on Music Row: A Music Industry Thriller

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Twenty-three-year-old Judd Nix, an unpaid intern at the most prestigious personal management firm in country music, gets the opportunity of a lifetime when his boss and mentor, Simon Stills, offers him a temporary position—an opportunity that may just cost Judd his life.

In a landscape where record companies are under siege, stuck in the old order of physical CDs and antiqu...more
Published August 16th 2011 by Blair, John F. Publisher (first published January 1st 2011)

Beth
Oh, I love a good murder thriller! Mr. Dill has written a winner. The Nashville setting, the celebrities mentioned, the present day technology, the twists and turns of the story all kept me in anticipation - just as a good mystery should. So glad I found this one!
Lee Ann
There is a lot going on in this thriller in addition to the "attempted murder of the music star". The power brokers in the music business, the creation of napster and the profitability of the stars in the music industry. It is an interesting read. It took me a little while to get into it and then the pages started to fly by. It was predictable in the final outcomes and fairly easy to untagle the added twists in the story line, there was some humor in the characters as the nurse Shirley gave ligh...more
Sara Boghdan
I got this book from a goodreads giveaway. I am so glad that I did. I was really happy to read the current references to technology and events because it always makes the story more accessible to me. The plot gripped me with long, sharp talons.. I had difficulty putting this book down!!

I wish I had another novel by this author to read. I will be on the lookout!

Alissa
I liked the inside look at the country music business. Although I found Judd to be a little too naive and bumbling. At times there were too many music executives to keep track of, but it was a descent who done it.

The end was suspenseful and very climatic.
Susan
That was a thrill ride. I'm still not sure exactly what happened - sort of like the main character feels at the end of the book.

Any book that starts with an assassination attempt is going to dump a person into the action quickly. Well, this book does begin with an assassination attempt, then backs up for the lead-up to the shooting. That the shooting happens at the Grand Ole Opry should tell a person a lot about the setting.

Judd Nix wants to be in the music industry - in Nashville, not New York...more
Terri Lynn
Oh good grief. My father in law has been in the Nashville music industry for decades and still is. We have been here for a while ourselves and know a lot of people in the industry, entertainers that is. This book makes me CRINGE. This is so hokey, so pathetic, it is worse than an amateur pushing poorly written country songs at the Bluebird Cafe. This is NOT Nashville at all. Most of us would like to take Dill over to the Parthenon in Centennial Park and offer him as a sacrifice to the huge statu...more
Bud
The author did a good job describing Nashville and the environs. He also wove a decent tale, fast paced and believable. I would recommend this book without hesitation.
Barb Henderson
Murder on music row
The story began with a lot of details and superfluous facts about the music industry. The actual event happened well into the book. Even as the story unfolded it was packed with unnecessary details. The basic story was good but seemed to be hindered by the clutter of detail.
Shelley
A little hokey, but if you have lived in Nashville you will enjoy it. The characters constantly forcing Nashville trivia into conversation and delivering commentary on the entertainment industry.
Brooke
It's a fun story, and if you love Nashville or country music, you'll probably love this book. But I found the dialog a bit unrealistic and I didn't care for all the music industry minutiae.
Ashley
Informative about the music business and highly entertaining. A good mystery, very fast paced in the last ten chapters.
Mary Kay
An otherwise pleasant read that takes place in Nashville was ruined by our heroine who "wretched" in the sink.
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Lauren Lanier
Lauren Lanier marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Hannah Goddard
Hannah Goddard marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Apr 18, 2014
Tammy
Tammy added it
Jan 07, 2014
Emily Logan
Emily Logan marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013