Start by marking “Murder on Music Row: A Music Industry Thriller” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Murder on Music Row: A...

Stuart Dill

Murder on Music Row: A Music Industry Thriller

Twenty-three-year-old Judd Nix, an unpaid intern at the most prestigious personal management firm in country music, gets the opportunity of a lifetime when his boss and mentor, Simon Stills, offers him a temporary position—an opportunity that may just cost Judd his life.

In a landscape where record companies are under siege, stuck in the old order of physical CDs and antiqu
Nook, 344 pages
Published August 16th 2011 by Blair, John F. Publisher (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Murder on Music Row, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on Music Row

Beth
Feb 07, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, I love a good murder thriller! Mr. Dill has written a winner. The Nashville setting, the celebrities mentioned, the present day technology, the twists and turns of the story all kept me in anticipation - just as a good mystery should. So glad I found this one!
Lee Ann
There is a lot going on in this thriller in addition to the "attempted murder of the music star". The power brokers in the music business, the creation of napster and the profitability of the stars in the music industry. It is an interesting read. It took me a little while to get into it and then the pages started to fly by. It was predictable in the final outcomes and fairly easy to untagle the added twists in the story line, there was some humor in the characters as the nurse Shirley gave ligh ...more
Sara
Nov 20, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from a goodreads giveaway. I am so glad that I did. I was really happy to read the current references to technology and events because it always makes the story more accessible to me. The plot gripped me with long, sharp talons.. I had difficulty putting this book down!!

I wish I had another novel by this author to read. I will be on the lookout!

Alissa
Nov 09, 2011 Alissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, 2011
I liked the inside look at the country music business. Although I found Judd to be a little too naive and bumbling. At times there were too many music executives to keep track of, but it was a descent who done it.

The end was suspenseful and very climatic.
Susan
Aug 25, 2012 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
That was a thrill ride. I'm still not sure exactly what happened - sort of like the main character feels at the end of the book.

Any book that starts with an assassination attempt is going to dump a person into the action quickly. Well, this book does begin with an assassination attempt, then backs up for the lead-up to the shooting. That the shooting happens at the Grand Ole Opry should tell a person a lot about the setting.

Judd Nix wants to be in the music industry - in Nashville, not New York
Terri Lynn
Oh good grief. My father in law has been in the Nashville music industry for decades and still is. We have been here for a while ourselves and know a lot of people in the industry, entertainers that is. This book makes me CRINGE. This is so hokey, so pathetic, it is worse than an amateur pushing poorly written country songs at the Bluebird Cafe. This is NOT Nashville at all. Most of us would like to take Dill over to the Parthenon in Centennial Park and offer him as a sacrifice to the huge statu ...more
Bud
Jul 12, 2014 Bud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author did a good job describing Nashville and the environs. He also wove a decent tale, fast paced and believable. I would recommend this book without hesitation.
Barb Henderson
Murder on music row
The story began with a lot of details and superfluous facts about the music industry. The actual event happened well into the book. Even as the story unfolded it was packed with unnecessary details. The basic story was good but seemed to be hindered by the clutter of detail.
Sara
I read this a few years ago now, but I still remember being completely hooked from page one. The combination of murder mystery and the music industry was so interesting to me. I couldn't put this down!
Shelley
A little hokey, but if you have lived in Nashville you will enjoy it. The characters constantly forcing Nashville trivia into conversation and delivering commentary on the entertainment industry.
Brooke
Jun 13, 2012 Brooke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a fun story, and if you love Nashville or country music, you'll probably love this book. But I found the dialog a bit unrealistic and I didn't care for all the music industry minutiae.
Ashley
Oct 16, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative about the music business and highly entertaining. A good mystery, very fast paced in the last ten chapters.
Mary Kay
An otherwise pleasant read that takes place in Nashville was ruined by our heroine who "wretched" in the sink.
Novajean
May 22, 2012 Novajean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
only okay!!!
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Deanna
Deanna rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Nissa
Nissa rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Brent
Brent rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Andy Gasparini
Andy Gasparini marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Tucker
Tucker rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Linda
Linda added it
Oct 21, 2015
Kay Elam
Kay Elam rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2015
Wiebke Kuhn
Wiebke Kuhn rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Linda Slater
Linda Slater rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Death by Killer Mop Doll (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery, #2)
  • Lost Bullet (Traces, #2)
  • Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things
  • One Drop of Blood (Kel McKelvey, #1)
  • Trouble in Paradise
  • Blown Coverage
  • Endangered (Iris Oakley, #3)
  • Dead Man Falls (The Jolene Jackson Mystery Series, #2)
  • Double Cross (Taylor Pasbury, #2)
  • A Small White Scar
  • Wood Spirit - A New England Horror Story
  • Pigtastic (Accept people for who they are!)
  • Freefall
  • Men of the Cave (Symbol of Hope #1)
  • Drop Dead on Recall  (Animals in Focus, #1)
  • Resonance
  • Jimmy the Racing Frog
  • Temptation (Solitary Tales, #3)