Start by marking “Simmer All Night” as Want to Read:
Simmer All Night
Preview

Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  21 reviews

Cherished for her "unique charm and delightful sense of humor" (Romantic Times), Geralyn Dawson brings a heart-catching pleasure to her romances that readers have come to expect. Now she cooks up a delicious new story where the taste of Texas blends with the flavor of Britain to create her most lovable characters yet.

A CHILI QUEEN IN ENGLAND

Independent daughter of soc

Kindle Edition
Published August 26th 2011 by Sonnet Books

To ask other readers questions about Simmer All Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simmer All Night

Jay
The only thing in the blurb for this book that interested me was the free download. I've never read the author, and not only had second thoughts about downloading it, but third and fourth as well. I don't have a Kindle. I have the Kindle app on my Iphone, and I have Kindle for PC. Most of my downloads are short free reads that can be easily accomplished on these 2 devices. I love books, but due to budget constraints I'm being forced to reread favorites or download free ones. Most of my short fre ...more
Nancy Bennett
This book started as a 4-star; started going downhill about 1/3 way through but sat at a very solid 3 until we got close to 3/4 way done, then it quickly slid into a 2-star. Good thing it ended when it did otherwise it might have ended as a 1.

Despite my rating I found I liked this author, though I had never read her before. The writing was solid and compelling though occasionally she fell into using modern day slang which can be slightly annoying, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was Chr
Robin
Christina Delaney is constantly getting into mischief that scandalizes her proper family. This time she has been crowed the Chili Queen of San Antonio. Family friend, Cole Morgan, finds her dancing barefoot and kissing cowboys. Her mother decides it's time for Chrissy to go to England to visit her Grandfather, hoping he can tame her wild ways. Elizabeth Delaney asks Cole to to accompany her daughter on the trip since he is also traveling to England to look for one of the copies of the Texas Decl ...more
Kendra
Please see full review at Reader's Edyn: http://bit.ly/vxfziT

Review:
Simmer All Night is the first book I have read by Geralyn Dawson (also writing as Emily March). I have been branching out into various genres of late and find that I have missed my historical romance fix. This book was great for soothing my craving. Containing the necessary elements needed in a Texas based historical, such as the stubborn heroine and the hero with the Southern drawl and sexy charm, I found myself instantly lovin
Jo
I enjoyed the first two books, but was disappointed in this one. Not sure I will read the fourth.
Polly
Christina and Cole's story which starts in Texas moves to a country estate in England that belongs to Christina's grandfather.

This is a great addition to the series. Like the first two there is a wonderful heroine who isn't cut from society's mold. Her hero is strong, careful, and at first unaware of his love for her. This story has it all. The usual side of young children who in trying to help get things really exciting. It was a fun read, following Cole and Christina's road to each other.

Betty
Fun read but barely worth the time. You will take nothing from it except for the fun of it. A free-spirited Texas girl, Christina is sent off to England to tame her wild spirit. She is escorted by Cole Morgan, an orphan the family had raised and she had grown up with. As the story progresses and she becomes involved with an Englishman, Cole realizes he loves her. Thus begins the romantic tug of war and games.
Kimy
I enjoyed this book from cover to cover. In the beginning I knew what the final outcome was going to be, but there were plenty of twists in the middle of the book. Chrissy, the main character was fully developed and likeable. There was a good mix of funny and serious parts.

I will definitely read this book again.
Sarah Beth
This is the kind of free ebook I really enjoy. Stress free chic lit, nice junk food reading for a change of pace. I liked the love story in this one, but the chili references and whole bad guy/murder mystery plot details were a bit much.
It took me a while to finish this one because it dragged alot from the middle to the end. You KNOW how it's going to end from the very beginning. I just don't understand why it took so long for Chrissy to grow up.
Allicia
Good book. Liked the characters, although there were a few times Christina's obstinate, stubborn behavior became annoying. However, I still liked the uniqueness of the story. It was overall a fun, light read.
Susan
Gd endg, recognizg & changg negtv behvior towrds a lvd one (mom/daught), lvg a person for who they r. Gd lv affr betw Texans Cole/Chrissy vistg England
Erin
I liked the characters in this book, though the plot was a little contrived and there were some seriously corny moments.
Eileen
Cute read; I laughed out loud more than once and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Suzanne
Not the best of historical fiction, but I liked all the references to Texas.
Tasha
haha i loved this book that girl had some fire in her it was so fun to read
Ashley Stringham
Started and then it got too trashy, I couldn't finish.
Christine
A fu. Premise, epically when you've been in old San Antone.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Free on Amazon 06/04/2012.
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover ❤️ & KA Addict
Kindle Freebie 6/4/12
Mitzi
Free Kindle book 11/1/11
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Sandi M
Sandi M marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Marlene
Marlene is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
Mary COMMON
Mary COMMON marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Cathy
Cathy added it
Mar 25, 2015
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Marry Me (Reidsville, #2)
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1)
  • Love from the Ashes
  • Ship of Dreams
  • Master of Paradise
  • A Knight's Vengeance (Knight's, #1)
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Heart of a Knight
  • Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • After The Ashes
  • Twice a Rake
  • The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan #1)
  • Wildblossom
  • Legacy
  • Much Ado About Madams
Geralyn Dawson is the USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels. She is a three-time finalist for the prestigious Romance Writers' of America's RITA award and a recipient of their Top Ten Favorite Books of the Year award. She received Romantic Times magazine's Career Achievement award and its Reviewer's Choice award. In 2009, the American Library Association named her romantic suspense no ...more
More about Geralyn Dawson...

Bad Luck Abroad (2 books)
  • Sizzle All Day (Bad Luck Abroad, #2)
Give Him the Slip (Callahan Brothers, #1) The Bad Luck Wedding Dress (Bad Luck Brides, #1) Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2) Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3) My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)