Start by marking “The Heart Knows” as Want to Read:
The Heart Knows

The Heart Knows

Diana Hamilton Pisano thought she would never see Trace Montgomery again. After five years of absence, he returns to Ashville, NC, for the reading of his uncle's will; in a fateful complication, Diana is his uncle's widow. Diana isn't prepared to see the man who betrayed her for another woman. When she learns that her husband only left her half ownership of his ancestral m ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Genesis Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Heart Knows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart Knows

D.lee
Jan 29, 2012 D.lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed this book. I loved Trace's arrogance and determine. The chemistry between Diana and Trace was sizzling. Yeah I got a little frustrated by Diana's stubbornness, but I also understood it. Crispina (Trace's mother) had no redeeming qualities, however I loved the way Trace stood up to her. Susan was truly the best kind of friend and Dominic was also. Although it is not a new storyline it was definitely worth reading and I would recommend it.

Reviewed by: D.Lee
Carolyn
Good but could have been better

This story was, for the most part very well written. What bothered me was the author called the main character's love interest by a different name several times near the end of the story which is why I gave the story three stars instead of four. I found the female protagonist immature, and annoying at times. Frankly, I found Trace (The male lead)more likable. In summary, this story was well written, I would recommend it. I hope the author corrects the errors I ment
Tina
1.5 stars. Pretty disappointing.

The book starts off strongly with a great set up where Diana Pisano, the widow of a deceased billionaire is left nothing in the will but half the mansion she lives in. The other half of the mansion and ALL the money goes to her husband's nephew, Trace Montgomery, who just so happens to be her first love and the father of her son.

But the story nose-dives quickly. It was rather boring, trotting out one romance novel cliche after another. And the dialogue did not s
Shawnette
Just an OK read IMHO...it's sweet & SPICY; but quite repetitive...I enjoyed the chemistry between Trace and Diana...but I also found Diana and her logic to be IDIOTIC and some of her actions towards Trace SELFISH and immature; especially the whole plot surrounding her son; another small note someone dropped the ball on the editing; because at one point the hero was named Mason; and in some places throughout this novel they forgot to change it to Trace...oh, well...that being said I'd still g ...more
LaTosha
It's not the writing I had trouble with it was the characters

All I can say is, this heroine is sickening...I've never read a more annoyingly written character in my life....it's hard to believe the character's persona was not intentionally written this way since the other characters weren't as asinine. Although the hero's willingness to forgive this heroine's silliness is quite unbelievable as well...this was a hard read...
Tangela
May 31, 2015 Tangela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Communication

One thing I must say about this book I did not like. When it came to Tracy names in this book sometimes not quite sure if the editor didn't notice it she kept calling him Mason. However everything else about the book was great. The plot starts off very slow you just have to keep reading the book. To me this book is about miscommunication and not trusting yourself . I was glad the way the book ended.
Laverne Brewster
5 stars. Despite the over use of contractions of personal pronouns followed by 'not', i.e. I'll not, they'll not...and on 2 or 3 instances, referring to Trace, the male half of the couple, as Mason, from another of this author's books. With all that mayhem, 5 stars because the story was super. The characters were well developed, there were twists and the story flowed well. Trace and Diana's story was well told.
Miranda
Good

This story was good, but the plot was long for something that was assumed, and how she handled everything being pregnant and the choices she made, it wasn't realistic for what type of person she was supposed to be.
Efé Caterina
Nov 23, 2015 Efé Caterina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend to like romantic stories where the main characters are ex-lovers but because of certain circumstances they fight there 'still there' feelings, and this happened to be one of those stories.
Another mindless read.
Annette Williams
Annette Williams rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Lolita
Lolita rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Patricia Merritt
Patricia Merritt rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
kimberlyfavors
kimberlyfavors rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Erosa Knowles
Feb 26, 2013 Erosa Knowles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent read.
Nadine
Nadine rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2014
Ashlee jones
Ashlee jones rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Shirley
Shirley rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Nika Diosa
Nika Diosa rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2015
Mrcano4mona
Mrcano4mona rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2011
margaret evans
margaret evans rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Tewanna
Tewanna rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Karen's Bookshelf
Karen's Bookshelf rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Michelle Pride
Michelle Pride rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Jeanine
Jeanine rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Arlene Wilson
Arlene Wilson rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
Alicia Murray
Alicia Murray rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Tewanna
Tewanna rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Senora
Senora rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2012
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2014
When not daydreaming or writing about a romantic heroes and heroines, Renee spends her time reading, traveling and taking care of the great loves in her life, her husband and son. Married for twenty-eight years to her college sweetheart, she uses him as inspiration for her strong silent-type heroes.

Since a small child, she has been an avid reader and daydreamer. With stories, flashing through her
More about Renee Wynn...