Start by marking “Mystic Dreamers (Mystic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mystic Dreamers (Mystic, #1)

Mystic Dreamers (Mystic Series #1)

For over a decade, Rosanne Bittner has enchanted her readers with tales of adventure and romance in the times before the White Man settled the West. Now, in the tradition of Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear, the bestselling author of Song of the Wolf and the Savage Destiny Indian series turns her hand to historical fiction with a wonderful new story of Native Ameri ...more
Published February 1st 2000 by Tor Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Mystic Dreamers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystic Dreamers

Comanche Moon by Catherine AndersonDancing on Coals by Ellen O'ConnellEyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellReclaim My Heart by Donna FasanoComanche Heart by Catherine Anderson
Best Native American Romance
267th out of 284 books — 350 voters
Two Rivers by Zoe SaadiaAt Road's End by Zoe SaadiaThe Peacekeeper by Zoe SaadiaThe Cahokian by Zoe SaadiaRide the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson
Native American Historical Fiction
163rd out of 188 books — 174 voters

More lists with this book...

Betul
description

Native American/western historical romances are my guilty pleasures. I love that genre so much and search the web to find new books every few weeks. The blurb of Mystic Dreamers is everything I look for in that genre. There is just something magical about this genre. I admire the Native American culture so much, it is just very pure and beautiful. I wish I could go back in time and spend some time in that time period.

Both Stalking Wolf and Star Dancer were very intriguing and strong characters.
Christine
Oct 08, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
I started reading Rosanne Bittner for her stories about Indians. (I wanted to read about how they lived and loved without the white men involved)
This is more of a Historical Fantasy. I can understand when an Indian sees a vision but when other Indians can see the vision then it becomes Fantasy.
This is the 1st book in a 3 book series. It is the Best book of the entire series and as far as I can tell, the ONLY few books of hers that is told entirely from the Indian point of view. (haven't read
Michelle
Nov 22, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2016-read
This was my first all Indian pov story and I loved getting to put myself in the tribe and fully see life from the inside out, watching how their way of life was slowly being upset - from customs to daily life. Like many of Rosanne Bittner books, I get a history lesson along with the love story and this book kept both pretty balanced. Looking forward to book 2 to see what is in store for Buffalo Dreamer and Rising Eagle.
Jac
Feb 28, 2011 Jac rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
The beginning started out good, but about halfway Bittner lost her momentum. The characters would have been stronger if Bittner spanned the book over fewer months. Although the author included some interesting details about the Lakota Nation the characters remained flat and the book read too much like a history book which focused on two lives. A novel like this could have done a better job making the people and their values/motives real.
Gaile
Jul 29, 2010 Gaile rated it it was amazing
The entire Mystic Dreamers is about the Lakota Sioux attempting to save The Black Hills from the white man. Written from the Native American point of view, I thought many parts were very funny but it was also sad as all the Sioux wanted to do was to keep the white man out of their land. They still have refused to sell the Black Hills. Good read!
Rachel
Jan 11, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how she wrote the book including all the rituals and ceremonies that the Native Americans did.
Weeping Willow
Mar 19, 2008 Weeping Willow rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of the three part series of Mystic Indians by Rosanne Bittner. LOVED the Book! A great read!!
Izzy Heras
May 12, 2013 Izzy Heras rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with this book. The three books in the series in the series are great but this one, which is the first one is by far the best of the bunch.
Tonya Lucas
Jan 18, 2016 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
Rosanne Bittner delivers the greatest history lesson you will ever learn. The Sioux were a proud and fierce people who lived, conquered and where determined to keep their land.
Tonya
Dec 20, 2011 Tonya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tonya by: Mom
Light and fluffy. Inaccurate at times but for the target audience it's forgivable. Not something I'd recommend to anyone that has a real interest in Lakota heritage but it's a quick, light romance.
Firefly_1824
Jan 27, 2016 Firefly_1824 rated it really liked it
I wish I hadn't read to long to read this book, it was very good and better than I thought it would be. One of those little surprises that lies on the shelf waiting to be discovered.
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2012
Ulrike
Ulrike rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Patricia Cartwright
Patricia Cartwright rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
janet
janet rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Shari
Shari rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2012
Sarahi
Sarahi rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
Eve
Eve rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2010
Adrian Roth
Adrian Roth rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Billy Dominguez
Billy Dominguez rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Christina Clark
Christina Clark rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Dale
Dale rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Vanessa Humphries
Vanessa Humphries rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Dallas
Dallas rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2012
Abygail
Abygail rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Rosanne Bittner
Jan 12, 2012 Rosanne Bittner rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mystic Dreamers Is a Must Read. 3 4 May 23, 2013 10:24AM
  • Nakoa's Woman
  • Sweet Savage Heart
  • Lone Arrow's Pride
  • Cheyenne Captive
  • Say You Love Me
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Lonewolf's Woman (Wild Hearts, #3)
  • Love Forevermore
  • Apache Magic (Coltons, #1)
  • The Proud And The Free
For those of you who have not yet read my books, my stories are generally set in the American West of the 1800's and feature vividly-described, historically accurate settings that span the US from Missouri to California, from Canada to Mexico. Many of my books portray the poignant history of our Native Americans, and though the characters are my own, I use real historical locations and events in ...more
More about Rosanne Bittner...

Mystic Series (3 books)
  • Mystic Visions (Mystic, #2)
  • Mystic Warriors (Mystic, #3)