Start by marking “Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller

Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller (Spider Series #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  32 reviews
They call him Spider.

And people come to him when they have a problem. So when teenager Parker Cole approaches Spider at night school, he figures she's just another problem waiting to happen. But then she tells him about her father, who runs a cult called Cloudland based at the foot of mystical Mount Shasta, California.

And then she tells Spider about her best friend, who is
Published September 26th 2011 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Blood

Dana
What Happens When you get the minds of J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson and H.T.Night together? A New Vampire Series with a Hero named "Spider". Spider was "turned" as a late teen and has lived a VERY long time , He has not always been a hero. Spider has done some HORRIFIC things in his life to Feed the hunger. When you live centuries , you learn its NOT the way to exist. So Spider decides to help those in need even if people do think hes a bit odd .... Enter Parker. Spider and Parker go to Night Scho ...more
Mallory Heart Reviews
Jan 26, 2012 Mallory Heart Reviews rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: both YA & Adult Paranormal, Supernatural, Horror, Thriller

I had a little trouble easing into this story (I thought I was dealing with the usual adolescent vampire angst) but by the end of Chapter Two, my intrigue was captured, and my interest was off and running. I’m not an aficionado of vampires of any stripe-but I am of thrillers and mysteries and horrors, and was gratified to find my interests fulfilled. Once I became hooked into the story, the subtle clues pointing to vampire nature became likeable and intriguing. I must say that for a person who d
Oleander
Spider is SO COOL! Fast paced and full of action with some sneaky plot twists. Couldn't read it fast enough. I devoured this book.
Nancy
I really liked the quirky humor of the main character spider, was really fun reading!
Bella Doerres
I fell in love with Spider. The story is being told by the character himself and is fantastic. The more I learned about the character Spider the more I loved his attitude and ideals. This vamp rocks. Trying to help the professor's daughter leads this vamp down a very interesting trail. He thinks the young lady is a bit helpless and needs a rescuer. Well he gets himself into a cult and almost killed figuring it all out. Based in Seattle he shows that a vamp can care about getting an education by ...more
Bookie | The BookChick
Book Description:
They call him Spider.

And then she tells Spider about her best friend, who is now dead, her body completely drained of blood. Spider wonders if the death is the work of a fellow vampire
Denise Keef
Bad Blood is an intriguing story by three phenomenal authors. JR Rain, Scott Nicholson and HT Night collaborated to introduce us to Spider. Spider is a centuries old vampire who became an undead at the age of eighteen. His main objective now is to finish the h History class in night school and get an A in it...something that he hasn't been able to do so far in his long life. He meets a fellow student who has a big problem with her father. She tells Spider that her father is a serial killer and a ...more
Gaston Sanders
Fairly well written and easy to read...

Fairly well written and easy to read...

I like a good vampire genre book most times, and I had a fairly good time with this one. The story was just different enough to be entertaining and the pace was easy to get into. I had some problems with the main character supposedly being such a hard-hearted fiend but at the same time, being such a sweetheart to the young girl with the family problem. It's readable and entertaining, if you can justify the MC's charact
Mary
Bad Blood
If you have read other vampire books of J.R. Rain’s, you will like this one. I could feel his influence over the story. Spider, the loner vampire, asked to help out a fellow night school student, a girl who thinks there is a murderer in her life and is afraid for her sister. Spider can’t help but step in to help, but he gets way more than he bargained for, as do we the readers. This is my favorite of the set of books and has a lot more action than the others. It is a shorter story and w
Cat
A much shorter book than I thought, which was disappointing.

The main character doesn't really inspire any kind of connection, though I thought he was fairly entertaining. The plot was a bit too easy for me to figure out.

Not much going on here so if you want a quick, easy read, this might be for you.
Paul
I enjoyed this story and love the books by H T Night. As this book was the collaboration of 3 authors, it has nicely introduced me to the books by J R Rain, Night's brother. I shall certainly continue with the Spider trilogy and hopefully many more by both Night and Rain.
Jen Newman
Decent and entertaining

Feels like a young adult novel more than a serious attempt at vampire lore, but was still a quick and entertaining read. I would have liked more substance and character development, but at least it was fairly well written otherwise.
Shoulanda August
I really liked this story!

A vampire with a heart, sort of anyway. Staying to himself and yet this wanting to be the hero. He got caught up being noble and could have ended up dead again. Great read and I will read the next installment!
Angie
Spider the vampire was great. It was every thing you want in a vampire book. Spider likes to help people, it makes him give in to his bloodlust less, which is good for everyone.

Parker, a fellow student at his Night school comes to him for help, and she seems to be your usual teenager, nothing weird about her, except what she wants help with.

Then he gets pulled in and he wasn't expecting a demon to be involved, just the usual doped up cultists. Spider was brilliant, fast on his feet, fun to read,
Laura Ann Tull
Took me a day to read this. Quick entertaining read. Threw me some surprises. Spider is an interesting character. I think a book on his imaginary past into becoming a vampire would be interesting.
angela hook
Was ok

Non stop action, as in it never has any places you can set it down to come back later after sleep etc
Vykki
This book was definitely different it was a very interesting read. It kept you reading to the very end I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good paranormal.
Robert Williamson
Great read!!!! I really enjoyed this book. It was a different spin on a vampire story. Original and exciting. I hope there will be another book soon.

Spider was great and the story delivered. Anyone that likes a good thriller with a vampire spin should read this.
Heather
This book was awesome and an easy read. I enjoyed the characters. Spider is a nice spin off of traditional vampires and the plot had a lot of fun twists. Just the right touch of wacky and ironic gore. Borrowed free from booklending.com.
Yvonne
I have to say that this book didn't turn out the way I thought and that is a good thing. Spider is a great character and the storyline was fast paced and went in an unexpected direction. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Cheryl
A Vampire that is a hero. Spyder is just that albit not a smart one. Interesting twist on the genre. Pay it forward if he helps you you owe him a favor.
Alex Owens
Liked this book and the characters, but I did long for a little more back-story and overall character development. Still, inventive and held my attention.
Nataša
An interesting concept of a story but didn't like the writing all that much. It was somehow superficial and I didn't feel any connection to it.
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
Was a great book by 3 different authors who I have never read before. Will definitely keep an eye out for the next in the series if they do any more.
Amity
This was just a short story about a vampire! Not the normal stories of vampires either. It was a good quick read.
liirogue
Too short and a completely unsatisfying ending. It isn't a cliffhanger, but it's ambiguous and out of left field.
Tish Delanoy
Fantastic book!! Dark, mysterious and full of excitement
J.A. Campbell
Good, quick read :) I'd pick up more by these authors.
Truitti
vampires and werewolves
Kimberly Josett
This book was not so good!
  • Forever and Always (Vampire Love Story, #3)
  • Ghost College (The Ghost Files, #1)
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Peter and the Vampires
  • Vampires in Devil Town (Vampires in Devil Town, #1)
  • The Forgotten Eden
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think
More about J.R. Rain...

Spider Series (3 books)
  • Spider Web: A Vampire Thriller (The Spider Series: Book 2)
  • Spider Bite: A Vampire Thriller (The Spider Trilogy, # 3)
Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire, #1) Vampire Moon (Vampire for Hire, #2) American Vampire (Vampire for Hire, #3) Moon Child (Vampire for Hire, #4) Vampire Dawn (Vampire for Hire, #5)