Start by marking “The Aladdin Factor” as Want to Read:
The Aladdin Factor

The Aladdin Factor

Anything is possible...if you dare to ask!

Personal happiness. Creative fulfillment. Professional success. Freedom from fear--and a new promise of joy that's yours for the asking.

We have the ability at our fingertips to achieve these things. It's the Aladdin Factor: the magical wellspring of confidence, desire--and the willingness to ask--that allows us to make wishes come
Published October 1st 1995 by Berkley (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Aladdin Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Aladdin Factor

Loy Machedo
Aug 02, 2012 Loy Machedo rated it liked it

Loy Machedo’s Book Review – Aladdin Factor by Jack Canfield.

I had purchased this book in the year 1999, when I think I was hardly 20 years old. At that phase of my life, this book was a total master-piece. I was amazed and marveled at the wisdom contained in these pages. It is nearly after 13 years, that I am re-reading this book once again to discover, what it was that gave me such a ray of hope, strength and courage.

The book is in typical Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen’s fashion – Cher
Lain
Jan 02, 2011 Lain rated it liked it
I guess I'd give this 2.5 stars. Writers, they are not. They are more compilers of information. And the info in this book was delivered by chapter 2. Bottom line: Figure out what you want and don't be afraid to ask for it.

The Aladdin storyline was lame, though there were some good principles relayed. I just thought it could have been summed up much more quickly. Also, I think the authors should have addressed giving back. People who keep asking but never give are annoying. And just because some
Guillermo Angeris
Dec 29, 2015 Guillermo Angeris rated it liked it
I start this review with a warning: I generally abhor purely self-help books. The only reason I read this was because it was a gift from my mom, so read the rest of the review with that in mind.

Overall, I thought it wasn't too terrible of a read. The anecdotes were entertaining and somewhat helpful in illustrating the point[1], though I did not like the general use of the fictional Aladdin as an extended allegory---most of its purpose seemed fairly forced and not really necessary. The book also
Melinda Christensen
Apr 04, 2015 Melinda Christensen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Having written, "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books, the authors pen a brilliant book with a simple premise: in order to get the things you need, you must first ask for them. Through marvelous examples and stories they illustrate and teach how to do just that. Everyone should read this book; what a treasure trove of ideas!
Sandy Geroux
Jul 07, 2014 Sandy Geroux rated it it was amazing
Another great book filled with incredible ideas and stories of people who got what they wanted by asking for it... and taking steps to improve themselves to make it happen. I have so many paper clips in the book to mark stories I loved that the book is filled with them!
Nov 04, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
The principle of asking for what you want is a great one. The only way to ensure that you will *not* get what you want/need is to not ask for it. The author drives the point home to redundancy, and I was able to skip whole chapters that just didn't apply to me (re: children and their school situations). But the repetition wasn't ridiculous; it's a self-help book, and we all know how hard it can be to change habits. The first few chapters go into detail about *why* we might be reluctant to ask fo ...more
Charmin
Jul 23, 2016 Charmin rated it really liked it
Shelves: growth
Highlights:
1. Write 101 wishes, that I want for myself.
2. Clarify your Vision: identify items that can be done now, write individuals/institutions I can ask, place a date to be asked by
3. Write Perfect Day Fantasy
4. Relax with a Partner - Have a partner record and repeat “what do you want?”
5. Stretch your Imagination - Accomplish before you die? What is broken that needs to be fixed? Identify physical needs, contribution needs, learning needs
6. Visualize the Outcome: see myself “doing” what I d
Ellen Pilch
Apr 18, 2014 Ellen Pilch rated it liked it
This book was OK, but not great. It could have been written as a 2 page manual instead of adding a bunch of boring examples. Basically, if you want something in life ( from your kids, spouse, boss, etc.), you need to ask for it ( nicely).
Laura Lynch
May 31, 2013 Laura Lynch rated it liked it

“Ask and you shall receive” is the one of the core messages of The Aladdin Factor. The book instructs you on how to identify what you want, determine who can give you what you want and asking for it in a clear and concise manner.

The book also looks at the reasons why people fear asking. The Aladdin Factor states that you have nothing to loss by making a request and you might gain something in the process. It teaches that you replace no with next until you obtain what you want.

The book has plent
Koby Bryan
Apr 11, 2015 Koby Bryan rated it liked it
I read this book specifically because I have problems asking for help, I am very self reliant and my first impulse is to do things myself. This book was a great exploration of asking, and giving.
Nun
Dec 20, 2008 Nun rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
buku ini q baca waktu kuliah, pinjeman dari kawan.
buku bagus yang sangat kaya akan makna tuhan sisi dan sudut pandang yang lain/

seandainya kita punya tuhan spt kita punya lampu aladin, yang padanya kita bisa meminta apapun, kapanpun, dan dimanapun. dan setiap permintaan kita itu, akan dikabulkan secepat mungkin sesuai permintaan. hebat bukan.

karena tuhan maha berkuasa dan memiliki segalanya, tentu saja permintaan mahkluknya bukanlah sesuatu yang muskil. intinya hanyalah pada bagaimana cara kita
Majka
Jun 21, 2016 Majka rated it really liked it
book is repeating the same things over and over sometimes, but maybe it's better to review important stuff all the time in order to imprint it into someone's brain :P
Kim
May 18, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
I listened to the audio book. It as good and motivational. It makes me realize that I need to ask more for the things that I want out of life on all levels.
Ninhkun
Apr 07, 2015 Ninhkun rated it really liked it
I love this book.It is really interesting.I knew Jack when I watched the film :Law of attraction.I think it very useful for everybody
Nadine Wildfjord
Aug 23, 2014 Nadine Wildfjord rated it liked it
the idea is brilliant yet it was described just from only one point of view. and I wasn't quite satisfied with some examples in particular, so....
Waseem
Dec 17, 2014 Waseem rated it really liked it
this was actually a great book, for a moment i thought...here we go , another one of them 'good feel self help books' but the message behind this is very clear and important, ones ability to simply ask. This has been especially difficult for me in life, whether it be due to ego, martyr or wanting to show independence or self made success...

...but sometimes in life, when all the dust settles and is all set and done, we just gotta take a step back, relax...and have confidence to just ask and not f
Judy Bell
Feb 29, 2016 Judy Bell rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in from start to finish. I even read parts of the genie and life lessons to my 10 year old daughter who loved it. Applicable knowledge for all ages. Especially in areas where fears often appear real. It opened my eyes to how to ask the right way so that I have the best results. I especially needed to hear the chapter on Asking at School. I applied the guidelines given and received the support I needed for my special needs daughter otherwise in my ignorance she would have been b ...more
Jose Amezcua
Mar 23, 2016 Jose Amezcua rated it it was amazing
It's a good program that teaches you how to ask. Asking is one of the most important skills to get a good life! Check it out
Trevor Thompson
Mar 11, 2016 Trevor Thompson rated it really liked it
Slow start, but really picks up after that. A nice read.
Mario Daher
It did have some significant changes in my life, forever...
Manish Saini
Dec 19, 2014 Manish Saini rated it it was amazing
It is one of the greatest books to learn lessons how to ask for what you want. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen both done a great job. It's a must read book.
Eric
Jun 30, 2016 Eric rated it it was amazing
A great book on the power and outcomes of simply asking. I've read this book previously and enjoyed reading it a second time.
Dingi Masakale
Apr 22, 2016 Dingi Masakale rated it it was amazing
Great book
Stacy
Apr 14, 2010 Stacy rated it liked it
Recommended to Stacy by: Ken
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't care for the format of this book. Now I know why professors never wanted you to use too many quotes in your writing! I was expecting to hear more from the authors and less in the way of other peoples' stories. However, the main point (that if you want something, ask for it) definitely is something I need to hear. I like the philosophy and I hope I can do a better job of applying it to my life. Glad I read it.
Armand
Feb 20, 2010 Armand rated it really liked it
I Love this book in the sense that it made me realized that asking isn't a bad thing if you feel that you deserve something and are willing to work for it to get it. The author explains the art and magic of asking as that of aladdin and the genie in that we have to be specific in what we have to ask to get it and to be clearabout it. Truly an uplifting book as only the author of Chicken soup of the soul can do.
Simon
Apr 14, 2013 Simon rated it it was amazing
Another amazing self development book that made a huge impact on my life. It's funny how many times we don't get what we want simply because we don't ask for it.

If you have ever felt submissive and scared to ask for something you really want, this book will turn your life around. After reading this book you'll be asking for things you didn't even know you wanted simply because you can...
Jesse Winslow
Feb 11, 2010 Jesse Winslow rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I hated the format of this book. It was like Canfield would make a single small statement like "Be Bold" and then would add some strange quotes and anecdotes from other people all in different fonts. If you can get through the rabble, there are some good ideas in this book, like creating your own wish list, and how to ask for what you want. But the format is terrible.
Gerry Brimacombe
Nov 20, 2014 Gerry Brimacombe rated it it was amazing
Great book, practical advice, tons of good stories and techniques and assignment. Gets a bit religious at the end, but not too bad.
Beata
May 31, 2014 Beata rated it liked it
Decided to check this out,but found it a little bit boring, this has some motivating factors in it, but I was left wanting something more. It is written like you will have some great gem if you read to the end, but there is not much there. Took me long time to finish it, because in the meantime I was reading more interesting books.
Marco
Mar 03, 2010 Marco rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
The name of the auther say it all, Jack knows exactly how to hook the reader and his books are organized and always vivid with lot of stories to clear his point.
I think this is a first draft for his later book success principles but somehow i love this one more,maybe because its not 500 something page.

overall a good book.
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • All You Can Do Is All You Can Do But All You Can Do Is Enough!
  • Cultivating an Unshakable Character
  • Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun
  • Mach II With Your Hair On Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life
  • The 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires: How to Achieve Financial Independence Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow: Discovering Your Right Livelihood
  • Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • The Secret of Teams: What Great Teams Know and Do
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • The One Minute Father
  • Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...