Start by marking “All His Own Hair” as Want to Read:
All His Own Hair

All His Own Hair

Ferne Tollivera is on a mission. Now that Sparrow, her ward, has reached nine years of age, she reckons he needs a male role model in his life. With typical efficiency she sets about finding a father-figure by drawing up a series of checklists for each candidate, and following a strict protocol for interviewing them.

So far, all the contenders have failed miserably to get e
Published (first published September 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All His Own Hair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All His Own Hair

Laurie Grove
Jun 23, 2012 Laurie Grove rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book for two reasons.
One: It was a refreshing escape into what I felt was a glimpse into the quirky and foreign world of the Brits. At every turn, the voice of the author had me pondering the odd turn of phrases and lingo, which for me, added a wonderful richness to the story. I read to unwind, escape, and be entertained with a good story-- and that's what I got.
Two: I also enjoyed the fact that in the beginning, I found myself wholeheartedly agreeing with Ferne's neurotic a
Karen (Kew)
Jul 10, 2012 Karen (Kew) rated it it was amazing
This is a very different type of read to Susan Alison's other book, White Lies and Custard Creams. This is more serious and deals with a family (mother and daughters) escaping from an abusive relationship. I have known of women who are in a similar situation and felt that the subject was well-handled. It also shows the insecurities and problems that affect children born into such a family. This isn't a miserable book though. It still has romance and humour in the story. It is an inspiring tale s ...more
Tracey
Oct 08, 2011 Tracey rated it it was amazing
Loved this book even more than Susan Alisons first book (White lies and custard creams) All His Own Hair still has the hunour and romance of the first book but with added layers making it a more engrossing read. I loved it, can't wait for the authors next book!
Penny Grubb
Oct 08, 2011 Penny Grubb rated it it was amazing
I love a light fast read that skips along. Susan Alison has a unique quirky style that makes it hard to fence her books in as regards genre. Light romantic comedy about the nearest, I guess.
Chris
Aug 07, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
brilliant book
Liz Hughes
Sep 17, 2015 Liz Hughes rated it it was amazing
fabulous book, I loved reading this. x
Roberta Gwynn
Roberta Gwynn rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Tracy Green
Tracy Green rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
P. Smith
P. Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Morae
Morae marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Ainsley
Ainsley rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Lynne Hatter
Lynne Hatter rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Jennifer Wichman
Jennifer Wichman rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Beth Reeves
Beth Reeves rated it it was ok
May 25, 2016
christine mangalino
christine mangalino rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Sally Winstone
Sally Winstone rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Jill Fleming
Jill Fleming rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
MRS L R SHEEHAN
MRS L R SHEEHAN rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Mandy Edis
Mandy Edis rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Tracey Duffy
Tracey Duffy rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Elise Monie
Elise Monie is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2016
Mrs Jo Orton
Mrs Jo Orton rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
janet hodgson
janet hodgson rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Lisa Montgomery
Lisa Montgomery rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Susan Alison paints pictures and writes stories for a living, and her cafetiere is always hot.

Dogs tend to enter into the pictures, and the prose, quite a lot, Susan living under the paw as she does.

Monty and Rosie (and Jeff-Dog now too) are her Border Collies - they keep an eye on her artwork to make sure she keeps earning kibble, and every now and they they round it up and post it to her artwork
More about Susan Alison...