Start by marking “Well, Duh!: Our Stupid World, and Welcome to It” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Well, Duh!: Our Stupid...

Bob Fenster

Well, Duh!: Our Stupid World, and Welcome to It

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  10 reviews

In a world of bumbling idiots, stupidity is a growth industry. One smart strategy is to laugh at it all with this outrageous collection of hilarious tales about the stupid things people do in every field of human activity.

Bob Fenster has combed the world of the intellectually challenged searching for more tales of stupidity to entertain us with.........and he's hit the jac

Published May 1st 2004 by Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Well, Duh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Well, Duh!

Anonymous Smarty-pants
Well, Duh! is intellectually challenged. Everything is in the form of short blurbs which provide no supporting evidence and not enough information. I looked up a few things to see if they were actually true and it turns out that this writer takes some serious liberties with the truth by not including certain relevant facts or by writing the blurb in a manner that makes it sound far worse than it actually was.

Apparently supposed to be humorous are things like:

1) The habits of eccentric people
2) U
Holly
It's a cute read, I'm not sure how many of the facts are 100% true but it is certainly entertaining.
Kyrie
I think this book was intended as humor. Fenster crosses the line to hectoring the reader a lot. It was sort of like being trapped in a Bill O'Reilly interview. There were some funny moments and a lot of ranting about how stupid some people are and how not to be stupid.
It'd be a good book if you only had 5 minutes a day to read it. It would take forever to read, but it probably wouldn't feel like you were being beat over the head about stupidity.

I really love this – the blurbs were short and quick to read and they were really funny. I especially like the part about eccentric people. I disagree with the other reviewers. I'm actually keeping this book to read again at some point, which is rare for me – I usually swap out my books. I didn't like the second part towards the end where the author simply made jokes about things. That part was weak.
Videoclimber(AKA)MTsLilSis
This would have been 3 stars...but I don't find the Bible to be stupid, and making fun of it is not okay! I thought this was good for a road trip and actually liked the book at the beginning. At the end he veered off course and mostly made fun of other things instead of including facts. I wouldn't read another by this author!
Jamila Raja
This is my favorite book! I love to flip to a random page and read about the stupid things people have tried. It brings out the lighter side of my day.
Tim
some humorous factoids, but many of them were innaccurate or misleading for the sake of laughs.
Katniss
Some parts were really funny, but some parts were just Eh.
Nebil Ibrahim
extremely funny and hilarious
Duane
very chuckleworthy
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Bethany Nelson
Bethany Nelson marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
ME
ME marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Mj P.
Mj P. added it
Jan 18, 2015
Kate Berry
Kate Berry marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Skip
Skip marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Christina Stone
Christina Stone marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Sage Bratwurst
Sage Bratwurst marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Leila
Leila added it
Feb 09, 2014
Casey
Casey added it
Jan 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Duh!: The Stupid History of the Human Race They Did What? Things Famous People Have Done Twisted: Tales from the Wacky Side The Duh Awards: In This Stupid World, We Take the Prize Die Katze In Der Mikrowelle