Start by marking “Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?” as Want to Read:

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Please note that as of March 24, 2009, Courageous Souls is out of print. It has been reissued under the new title, Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born (ISBN 9781583942727).

Courageous Souls explores the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest challenges, before we re born for p
Published December 16th 2006 by Whispering Winds Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Courageous Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courageous Souls

John Wiswell
Sep 19, 2010 John Wiswell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: New Age readers, people interested in supernaturalism
Recommended to John by: Robert Schwartz
Despite the title, this book does not explore or answer the question of if we plan our lives before birth. In the introduction Schwartz plainly admits he will not pursue a logical argument for the belief structure, but rather asks readers to merely entertain the possibility. His goals are clearly to encourage emotional healing and help people mentally get past physically impassable challenges rather than to justify supernaturalism - which is fine, but goes against the title. The lack of argument ...more
BLEEPING Herald Newsletter
Book By Robert Schwartz

Review by Tedi Elliott

Once I heard a group of people talking about a tragic, fatal accident, in which a small child had been killed when a garage door closed on him. They were trying to come to terms with why such inexplicable things happen in life and spoke of how horrible it was and how heartbreaking this must be for all those close to the child. Someone wondered why God would allow such an awful thing to happen. I wondered why too, and started in on a thought process th
Ebookwormy
I read this book at the request of a friend who said "it was the best summary i've ever encountered about what I truly believe about life." Well, I should clarify, I started this book. I read all the intro, and the intro chapter and the first study and then I picked from interesting chapters going forward. In the end, there are many things my friend and I disagree on, but we agree that we like to discuss them.

I agree with this book that our lives are planned, that there is meaning/ growth/ purpo
Dulcinea Contreras
"Each human has made a spiritual plan prior to arriving in one's current earthly experience according to Robert in this unique book. He delves deep into the perspectives of the human experience, including suffering, questions life and its meaning, and suggests that challenges are opportunities that reflect to us our feelings about ourselves. The ultimate message encompasses several eternal truths, including earth is temporary, we are eternal beings and not just a physical body, and reiterates th ...more
Lori Aberle
Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

Robert Schwartz investigates past lives and the possibility that our eternal souls actually PLAN not only our incarnations and who we are likely to meet, but also the challenges we face throughout our lives.

This book gives some amazing insight to the reality of "heaven" or whatever else you want to call the world between lives. Read this with an open mind.
Grady
Nov 28, 2008 Grady rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sensitive readers
Pondering the Possibilities Outside the Box

Robert Schwartz is an eloquent spokesman for his explorations in the realm few of us have even considered, much less explored fully: the concept of pre-birth planning as a convention of souls who make decisions about incarnation - place, time, circumstances, and challenges - that will heighten the overall improvement of not only their repeated growth in the process of rebirth but also the gift to the betterment of mankind.

Schwartz' manner of writing is
Michele Harrod
I adored this book - it made me look at the many things I see as 'sad' or as 'terrible' in an entirely new way. And at people that I had seen as antagonists, as perhaps my greatest 'soul mates'. This offers a wonderful perspective on our lives, and why we have chosen the paths we have - and when you think of it all as choices, it takes on an entirely new Vista. I'm hoping there is more to come from Robert Schwartz!
Audrey
Loved it. I found it fascinating. IF you are interested in knowing more about who you really are and why you are in this particular incarnation. Read the book. Easy to read and clear information
Nikki
Fantastic book! This compassionate book delivers a bevy of much needed messages.
Pattik
made a significant change in my thinking
Lori
Courageous Souls was my latest foray into the topic of past lives and the realm beyond this mortal coil. I would like to give it 2 1/2 half stars, really. And I think it may have earned 3 if I had not read Michael Newton's Destiny of Souls first. Newton's books set the bar for me on this subject.

The idea that we choose our life pathways and challenges ahead of time certainly turns existence on its ear. Imagine opting to live a life filled with the pain, fear and uncertainty of grave illness, phy
Robert
Jul 12, 2007 Robert rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: booksiwrote
Please note that I am the author of this book. For those interested in spirituality, I am posting below a review of my book from the June 2007 issue of New Age Retailer magazine.

New Age Retailer magazine
June 2007 issue
Pre-Birth Contracts | Spiritism
Robert Schwartz
$14.95 QP, 9780977679454, 327 pages, 5.5" x 8", Whispering Winds Press, 800/742-0148, www.courageoussouls.com

The serene cover of Courageous Souls belies the punch with whic
Anna
I liked the concept of the book which is something I've believed since some time, and reading books like this only makes me believe it more. Indeed, pre-birth planning and reincarnations make more sense and seem more logical than any other spiritual/religious explanation of why things are the way the are - at least, to me. This particular book is not exactly entertaining (after all, the subject itself is far from being so) and it took me a long time to read (also, I think it could be made shorte ...more
L.L.
Książka bardzo interesująca jednak... uczucia mieszane ;)
Mogę uwierzyć w to, że wybieramy sobie doświadczenia w życiu z jakiegoś powodu, ale wątpię że to na prawdę będzie pocieszenie dla kogoś kto właśnie cierpi z powodu innej osoby. Kiedyś w przyszłości, być może tak...
Poza tym jak to się ma do innej idei reinkarnacji - że dusza natychmiast przeskakuje d nowego ciała?
Cóż... prawda pewnie leży gdzieś po środku ;)

Cytaty:

"Wszyscy byliśmy mordercami, gwałcicielami i świętymi. Doświadczaliśmy wszyst
Clark
The premise of the novel is a sort of trans-mortal continuous existence: we lived before life, we will live after life. The assumption is that we can gain insight into previous (pre-mortal) experiences through meditation or other mystical methodologies. The book is definitively new-age mysticism but echoes Christianity in many respects (though it is not religious, per se). Most of the book is an elaboration of the simple premise encapsulated in the title--we face challenges in mortality because ...more
Asaya Chokmah
It a very interesting and informative...
Katja Rusanen
One word; AMAZING!
Noah Lenzie
Wiser for the experience
For any of us who have been through difficult times but come out the other end wiser for the experience this book can bring confirmation and solace. As the author says this book explores the premise that our journeys in this life are preplanned by our soul. This is a beautiful and touching account of soul lessons by a team of mediums that Robert has lovingly put together in order to raise our understanding and inspire.
Sandy
Jul 22, 2008 Sandy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sandy by: Taff Price
I thought it was an interesting perspective but again hard to imagine that someone would purposefully choose such a hard life. Perhaps, after more reading on this subject, I will re-read and be more accepting of this concept.
Gary
This is a book that will give you a new perspective on your life. Fascinating, really. I'm enjoying it very much and giving the ideas a lot of thought.
Sue
If I could recommend ONE book, of the hundreds that I've read, this would be it.
Jpojer48 jase
naučila sam novi način gledanja na život
Jeanne
Sep 19, 2007 Jeanne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: soul searchers
Altered my way of thinking.
Susan
I'm actually reading the revised title of this book: Your Soul's Plan. It's great!
Jamie
This has actually been re-published as Your Soul's Plan, and that's the one I'm reading.
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth? 5 23 Jan 12, 2012 09:20PM
  • Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Practical Mysticism
  • Encountering Heaven and the Afterlife
  • The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the World's Religions
  • George Anderson's Lessons from the Light: Extraordinary Messages of Comfort and Hope from the Other Side
  • Between Death & Life: Conversations with a Spirit
  • There is a River: The Story of Edgar Cayce
  • Reality Transurfing 3: Forward to the Past
  • Richard Bandler's Guide to Trance-Formation: How to Harness the Power of Hypnosis to Ignite Effortless and Lasting Change
  • The Coming of the Cosmic Christ
  • Attract Money Now
  • المعتقدات الدينية لدى الشعوب
  • Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment
  • The Transcendent Unity of Religions
  • Still Life With Psychotic Squirrel
  • Echoes of the Soul: Moving Beyond the Light
  • The Hidden Words
My books Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born (2007)and Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born (2012) explore the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest challenges, before we’re born for purposes of spiritual growth.

Your Soul's Plan contains stories of people
More about Robert Schwartz...
Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born Your Soul's Gift eChapters - Chapter 1: Healing: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born Your Soul's Gift Your Soul's Gift eChapters - Chapter 6: Abusive Relationships: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born