Start by marking “Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad, or in Between” as Want to Read:
Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad, or in Between

Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad, or in Between

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In "Up, Down, or Sideways," Mark Sanborn, author of the bestselling book "The Fred Factor," prepares you for life's inevitable cycles of up and down--and, too often, sideways. We tend to be surprised when downturns hit us and treat them as the exception--and when times are good, we act as if they will never change. In this book, Mark shows us what we should always be doing ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Up, Down, or Sideways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up, Down, or Sideways

Marcel Anderson
I believe this book is changeing my outlook on life. This book is helping me to push through the challenging times of my life. It defines the true meaning of success. Your meaning. Keep believeing in your dreams. Don't let anyone keep you from acheieveing your ultimate smart goals.
Allizabeth Collins
Description:
Up, Down, or Sideways is a self-help book dedicated to helping you get through your up, down, and sideways struggles in life and success. In today's economy, as unpredictable and scary as it may seem, Mark Sanborn shows you how to take control of your life and career, no matter how uncontrollable the present and future seem.

Review:
I am sort of a closet fan of reading other people's opinions on how to live life to the fullest. So, when I got the opportunity to read Mark Sanborn's n
Pat W. Kirk
More philosophic than how-to,Up, Down, or Sideways refers to our personal economics. We will always be Up Down or Sideways and those conditions will change. If we are wealthy and well, plan for those conditions to change. Thankfully, joblessness and illness can change as well. So how can we live successfully amid life’s uneven flow?

The author allows us to define our success—not always financial but often including the financial. He says success means different things to every reader. He contend
Sylvia

Predicting the future is easy; predicting it correctly is very hard. Since we can’t be certain of what the future holds, what should we always be doing to ensure our success regardless of what happens?

In today’s economic climate of hardship, downsizing, unemployment and government bailouts, here comes this terrific book, based on sound principles, to help us thrive. This amazing resource could have not come at a better time for the working people of America. “Up, Down or Sideways” focuses on t
Paul Steele
Nice book about keeping things in perspective during all of life's ups and downs. Clearly written from a Christian perspective, but not preachy at all. It also includes points and helps that are not from "Christian" sources (gasp), but quite relevant and helpful. The tips include success tips for your personal life as well as your business.
James
Very quick read (audiobook is 3 CD's). Mark presented a couple of good ways to examine ones career, business and relationships asking if they going up, down or sideways. Next, a couple of antidotes were presented, but nothing spectacular that would have me rank this book above a middle grade of 3 stars.
Rasha Yousif
It is a very practical book (Light reading) with good mental exercises. I really enjoyed reading it and it has inspired me in many ways.
Sara
A great little book about positive thinking, business, and how to get the most out of life, no matter if things are going well, ok, or not great. Discusses how life is always changing, and how to go with the flow and be "successful" according to your definition of what you need to be happy.
Elizabeth Olson
Equal parts philosophical and practical, Sanborn presents a fresh take on staying focused whether life feels up, down, or sideways, and on how, by framing our thoughts, goals and expectations, we can get the most out of our circumstances, whatever they are at this time.
Joel Ungar
Once you get past his happy memories of attending Ohio State and some plaudits for Woody Hayes (AKA Voldemort) this book was very good and a nice companion to The Fred Factor.
Bob Allen
Success self-help book. Compendium of wisdom. Focus is really on defining success (personal scorecard), persistence, discipline. Some good stuff here.
Caitlin
I love how this book can be applied to not only the financial aspect of your life but all aspects of your life. Is definitely worth the read.
Olivia
Excellent approach to living successfully with lots of great ideas to get self motivated. I intend to read, think and PRAY each day
Bill Donhiser
A good quick read and wonderfully concise. A good reminder to consciously control your thoughts as they control your outcomes.
Melissa Rose
great book for motivating you at every stage of success. i will definitely return to my notes in the future.
Joseph Iliff
Mark reconnects us to those things that do not change even in chaotic circumstances.
Jessica
Jan 20, 2012 Jessica marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
[free NOOK book!]
Tanna
Tanna marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Meryll Estolas
Meryll Estolas is currently reading it
May 28, 2015
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Jane
Jane added it
May 06, 2015
Sandi M
Sandi M marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Humberto Torres
Humberto Torres marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Diddier
Diddier marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
common sense 1 3 Jul 29, 2013 10:24AM
  • Lead with Luv: A Different Way to Create Real Success
  • Instant Self-Hypnosis: How to Hypnotize Yourself with Your Eyes Open
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Game on: Find Your Purpose--Pursue Your Dream
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • Getting to No: How to Break a Stubborn Habit
  • Success is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices Change Your Life
  • Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
  • Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships
  • The Well-Lived Laugh: Designing a Life That Keeps You Smiling
  • Tales of the Revolution:  True Stories of People who are Poking the Box and Making a Difference
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • The Mind-Made Prison: Overcoming Limiting Beliefs and Manifesting Personal Transformation
  • 40 Unforgettable Dates with Your Mate: Creative Ways to Meet the Love Needs of Husbands and Wives
  • The Four Seasons of Marriage
  • The Truth about Getting the Best from People (Truth about)
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
Mark Sanborn is an international known author, motivational speaker, and the president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., an idea studio for leadership development. He gives nearly one hundred presentations each year on leadership, team building, customer service, and mastering change. Mark and his family live near Denver, Colorado.
More about Mark Sanborn...
The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference The Fred Factor The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do Fred 2.0: New Ideas on How to Keep Delivering Extraordinary Results