Start by marking “If She Should Die” as Want to Read:
If She Should Die

If She Should Die

Three years have passed since erotic, willful Dara Prince disappeared from Winston, West Virginia, leaving a note saying she's run away. Now a body has been found in the creek. A body, Christine Ireland suspects, that could very well belong to her adopted sister Dara. Deputy Sheriff Michael Winter certainly seems to think so. But if Dara's dead, who's been sending Ames pri ...more
Published January 5th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about If She Should Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If She Should Die

Angie crosby
Aug 11, 2008 Angie crosby rated it really liked it
Shelves: alex, suspense
I liked the way this was written. How I knew for sure she was dead from the beginning of the book. The ending was great. I didn't have a clue who the killer would be. I was shocked! Christines 'sister' has been missing for 3 years. When a body turns up the evidence suggests it is the body of Dara. Christine feels compelled to search out the clues to find the murders, someone is watching her, the murderer, will he get to christine first? I look forward to reading more by this author.
Deann Doolittle
May 18, 2015 Deann Doolittle rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, fiction
I really liked this book! After every chapter, I just wanted to keep reading. I thought the characters were very likable and realistic. The plot and ending came together very well. Definitely a good read. May look into reading more of her books.
Sheila
Aug 01, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
A girl missing a stepbrother whose handicapped a town willing to believe the worst of someone a real shocker of a story really enjoyed and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Gina
Feb 13, 2012 Gina rated it really liked it
Good read, kinda creepy at first but it settled down and turned out to be a good suspense that kept you guessing as to who the real killer was.
Gayle
May 22, 2013 Gayle rated it it was amazing
What a thriller. Couldn't put this one down. I kept thinking I knew who did it and kept finding out I was wrong. I thought I was a good detective, but not on this one. A definite page turner.
Lori
Mar 20, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
all her books are excellent in my book diary , read when it first came out
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Jun 24, 2015 Misty (Red's Romance Review's) rated it really liked it
Carlene Thompson does not disappoint! Another thrilling and highly suspenseful read!!
Kat gauntt
Jun 25, 2010 Kat gauntt rated it it was amazing
it captured me at the first sentence i couldent put it down .I divower it in only a day and a half.
Ipek
May 19, 2009 Ipek rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. I could not put it down..
Alyce Rocco
Jul 01, 2017 Alyce Rocco rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Carlene Thompson's novel, If She Should Die, was a good read; I liked it, but it was just okay.

Early on, a character is reading, aloud, from a diary.

"She hates Patricia. Can't stand the Amazon. The Amazon would be me."

Had the diary writer been to the Amazon? Was she comparing herself to the Amazon having read about the river in geography class? No, the reader was informing the listener as to identity of a person called "the Amazon."

It is just a little thing, yet when reading a mystery novel,
Joan
May 15, 2017 Joan rated it liked it
Dara Prince has been missing for three years. Everyone in Winston, West Virginia believes she ran away. But the discovery of a body, long-dead, wrapped in plastic, and floating in the creek may very well tell another ending to Dara’s story. But if Dara’s dead, who’s been mailing her father all those postcards, supposedly from Dara herself?
Christine Ireland is determined to find the truth and, when Dara’s diary unexpectedly turns up, she discovers Dara believed someone was stalking her. And now,
Julian
Jan 20, 2016 Julian rated it really liked it
This is a very good mystery, however, out of all of Carlene Thompson's books I have read, this is my least favorite only because, the author usually leaves some pretty heavy cliff hangers between chapters and I didn't really notice as many in this book as in her other works - but I still recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries! If you are not interested in snakes, the poisonous kind, you might want to skip this book! Happy reading!
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Virginia
Sep 08, 2015 Virginia rated it really liked it
Carlene Thompson's last chapter was inaccurate. She left out some of the information about the rescue and inserted it into the Epilogue. Otherwise the book was very good.
Joan Horkey
Aug 29, 2013 Joan Horkey rated it it was ok
I found myself saying, after each occurrence throughout this book, "oh, of course, that would happen". Like it was made up of unoriginal sub-plots.
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Pam Timberlake
Pam Timberlake rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Marge
Marge rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Sandy Cole
Sandy Cole rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Sheena
Sheena rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Jennifer Stevens
Jennifer Stevens rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015
Marion
Marion rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Mary Faneuff
Mary Faneuff rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2009
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2011
Jill Bautista
Jill Bautista rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: missing cover 2 13 Jan 04, 2016 05:33AM
  • The Final Kill
  • No Way Home
  • Now You Die
  • Lullaby And Goodnight
  • Blind Curve
  • The First Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #1)
  • The Echo of Violence (Sweet Justice, #3)
  • Intent to Harm (Kali O'Brien, #6)
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.
More about Carlene Thompson...