Start by marking “Unafraid (Archangel Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unafraid (Archangel Academy, #3)

Unafraid (Archangel Academy #3)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  27 reviews
The boarding school known as Archangel Academy possesses a legacy of secrets known only to a privileged few. For in this peaceful, charming part of England lives a population of vampires at war with one another--and Michael Howard is caught in the middle of it all. . .When Michael left his small Nebraska hometown to enroll at Archangel Academy, he couldn't have imagined ho ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unafraid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unafraid

Stephen
I realize I have only myself to blame for this. After reading the first two books in Michael Griffo's "Un" series, also known as The Archangel Academy novels, and experiencing the excruciating pain that came along with it, I said I wouldn't do it again. The first book (Unnatural) was awful; the second installment (Unwelcome) was even worse. So why did I read the third one? The only defense I can put forward is two-fold: 1) I wanted to write a review (since the first two were so well received—tha ...more
Alec
This book sucks. End of story.
Chapter by Chapter
I was soooo pumped to read Michael Griffo’s third, Archangel Academy novel (and hey! I noticed that the author and the main character have the same name). I had to know what would happen next after the ending that Unwelcome gave us. There were so many questions swarming my mind; what happens to David? Is Phaedra really gone? Will Ciaran notice the error of his ways? And the hundreds of questions that revolved around Ronan’s sister, Saoirse. While I won’t give you the answers (since that would be ...more
Awa
Okay, so considering I spent the money to buy these books and what not, I'm prone to commenting and saying that they weren't that bad, but they make Twilight look like the hottest thing since Harry Potter (which will never ever happen) The style of writing could, and will, give you a headache after a while considering on how, um, how do I say this nicely? Unprofessional written it was. Michael is the type of character you really just want to hate (he's annoying and whines far too much for a male ...more
Lawrence Collins
A great end to the series. Some parts felt a little rushed but Unafraid definitely lives up to the previous books. The mystery, suspense, friendship, family, and romance that made Unnatural and Unwelcome great is present in Unafraid and takes it once step further. Each turn of the page took me on a roller coaster of emotions as I was both worried and longing to know what happens next. My favorite book series ends well with the final book not being eclipsed by the previous ones.
Sean Kennedy
Same old same old, although Michael was slightly less annoying this time around. Very anticlimactic after a build up through three books. I still don't get why vampires turned as teenagers would want to stay in high school though. As a perpetual student myself, I would just continue with uni degrees.
Cristina
ok, just got done with this book.. it's so long before they get to the good stuff.. really did not care for the books, but do to I had read book one had to read all three... This is so not what I would read..
April
Michael has escaped his small hometown of Weeping Waters, Nebraska and is attending another year of school at Archangel Academy, a boarding school with a legacy and secrets all it's own. Michael has left his insecurities back in America and is enjoying his new found life in Eden, England. But along with his great new life also comes great responsibilities. He must protect his boyfriend and new friends and fight against the dark forces lurking within the school grounds.Can he use his new abiliti ...more
Ashlyn
I finally finished this book! It took me a month after it forced me to take a two week break on it. Books should not do that. Anyway. Mission accomplished.

I gave it two stars because while I did not enjoy that 95% of the time reading this book felt like a chore. I didn't entirely hate the overall idea of it. And that's pretty much it. Same problem as the second book, many uninteresting plot points drag on unnecessarily (Cieran looking for genes, what was the point?), while more interesting ones
Brett
It took me over two months to make it through this one. I just found it a struggle to maintain an interest in the story. While I found myself originally drawn into the series and its British academy teeming with sixteen year old vampires, as it progressed, the overall story arc surrounding one seriously pissed off principal failed to enrapture me. In terms of Michael and Ronan’s relationship, I found that book three really didn’t take them any further. The mountain of angst they were put through ...more
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This was an interesting end to the series, but I did get bored in places.

The characters in this were all okay, although Fritz’s infatuation with Ruby was a bit annoying. Michael and Ronan continued to be as lovey-dovey and over-the-top as usual, and once again kept going on about Oscar Wilde’s books, and how each of them would make an ‘ideal husband’.

The storyline was okay but I did get bored in places. Things seemed to work out awfully well in the end though.
6.5 out
Kayla Brown
Oh yay, I was waiting for the ex to come around. I didn't expect him however to be dating Seersh, that definitely surprised everybody. And what was up with Phaedra and Rhoswen? Phaedra was freaking out about Rhoswen bringing death and being dangerous but she did do anything but get rid of David. That part confused me a bit but it's was still an excellent book! Oh I knew I loved Kano, even when he was a crazy killer, I was saying to myself "I can't wait till he becomes good so I can love him with ...more
Bradley
I started this series because I read it was a gay Twilight. That's hardly the case. Yes, it's about vampires but it's about vampires attending a boarding school in the UK. There are two different vampire species. The first is your traditional vampire but the second is a vampire somehow descended from the lost city of Atlantis. The whole series has become preposterous and I'm not sure why I'm still reading. Thankfully, I think this is the last book of the series.
Damian Serbu
Loved the series. I was particularly happy that Griffo sustained the excitement and quality through all three of the books, without a hint of my getting fatigued with the characters or story. On the contrary, the suspense built throughout. Twilight be damned, this is the teen vampire series everyone should be reading.
Allison Linnette
SPOILERS
The trilogy itself was fine. I wasn't a big fan because of many small reasons, but it was okay. The ending was good and I'm glad Brania ends up being the ruler of Them. I don't like how we still don't entirely know the purpose of "Sheersh" but whatever. It was really a 3.5.
Alexander Draganov
An OK book, I guess, but the plot is too chaotic, with too many characters and not enough tension or action. The message is important, the idea is nice and some of the characters, like Nakano, are fun, but this is simply not enough for more than three starts.
Shelby

I just couldn't finish this book. The series started out with a good message, but then the message disappeared and I got bored with the "love story". They act like middle schoolers, not high schoolers...too much "trust" drama.
Charles Qin
when i first saw this book, i was like oh no, not another vampire romance, but when i started reading it, it was truly amazing. hope you people would enjoy it.
Patrick
I thought it was very good conclusion to the series. I want to see what happens and if the author will continue the series.
Rachel
For a certain audience, but poorly written. Note violent and sexual content in this book may not be suitable for all readers
Sara Bauer
Love this trilogy. Kudos to a satisfying ending. Gotta be comfortable with gay vamps ... but who isn't? Right? Right??
Sodapop
I want this entire series.This book jsut is an awesome finish to the books and Go Ronan and Michael!
Michael
Truly been liking this series. A nice new take on vampires, and a nice gay romance as well.
Kels Fidler
This review and many others can be found on my blog: literatureobsessed.blogspot.com.
Melia Melia
I have not yet read this, but when I do, I am sure I will be happy.
Lisa
Samjana
Samjana marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Seth
Seth marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
  • Kindred
  • Evolution
  • Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Blood Ties (Darke Academy, #2)
  • The Evolution of Ethan Poe
  • This Is Not a Love Story
  • Sunrise (Pact Arcanum, #2)
  • Moon Run (Wolf Town, #3)
  • Heaven and Hell (Beautiful Beings, #2)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Jack (Leech, #2)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • All The Colors Of Love
  • Peek-a-Boo (Josh of the Damned, #2)
  • Kade and the Captives (Symbiotic Mates, #5)
  • Rough Boys: Runaway (Rough Boys #1)
  • Guardian (Feather, #2)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
Michael Griffo was born, raised, and has since relocated to New Jersey. He is an award-winning playwright and all of his plays have been produced throughout the country and in London. Two of his plays -- CLOUDY and 5G/10B -- have been published in Smith & Kraus's Best 10 Minute Plays for 2 Actors: 2005 and CLOUDY is licensed by Playscripts, Inc.

His first novel, BETWEEN BOYFRIENDS, was written
More about Michael Griffo...
Unnatural (Archangel Academy, #1) Unwelcome (Archangel Academy #2) Moonglow (The Darkborn Legacy, #1) Sunblind (The Darkborn Legacy, #2) Starfall (The Darkborn Legacy, #3)