Start by marking “Hi, My Name Is Jack: One Man's Story of the Tumultuous Road to Sobriety and a Changed Life” as Want to Read:

This highly personal, intriguing memoir gives hope and encouragement to those struggling with addiction and the ones who love them.

In this grippingly honest narrative about one man’s journey from alcoholism and self-destruction to recovery and a changed life, readers will be dismayed at the hurtful patterns of his two alcoholic parents and how they scarred and shaped the o
Published November 29th 2011 by Howard Books (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hi, My Name Is Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hi, My Name Is Jack

Donna McBroom-Theriot
Jun 14, 2012 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it it was amazing
Jack Watts wrote a candid memoir about his life as an alcoholic. I enjoyed his candidness; his unrestrained approach to storytelling. His ability to tell his story – the good, the bad, and the ugly – in a unsullied way was astounding.

“Hi, my name is Jack, and I am an alcoholic.”

The book, in my opinion, was extremely well written. The chapters were short and to the point, which made stopping and starting the book very easy. I found no grammatical errors, and the book’s content stuck to the story.
Debbie Petersen
Jan 31, 2012 Debbie Petersen rated it really liked it
Though this is a book of redemption and overcoming alcoholism and destructive behavior, Jack's story is gripping enough to also hold the interest of those who do not struggle with these issues, or share his faith. I found myself reading past my bedtime (just one more chapter...) and was twice late from my lunch break at work because I was that engrossed. I am very stingy with stars and reserve 5 stars for the likes of To Kill a Mockingbird, so my rating of 4 stars places it at the top for this g ...more
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Angel Sandlin
Angel Sandlin rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Lisa Kiguru
Lisa Kiguru rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2014
Matthew Frost
Matthew Frost marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Debbie Robinson
Debbie Robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Aman Singh
Aman Singh is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2012
Jason Earle
Jason Earle marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Kath Wagner
Kath Wagner marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2017
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2017
Debbie Petersen
Debbie Petersen marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2011
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2017
Jack Watts is an award-winning author, having published five books so far, including two with Simon & Schuster. His daily blog about recovering from religious abuse, Pushing Jesus, is read in more than 140 countries. Jack lives in Atlanta, where he broadcasts two weekly radio shows—Jack Watts Live and Jack Watts on Recovery. He has five children and nine grandchildren.
More about Jack Watts...