Start by marking “The Little Book of Diet Help: Expert Tips and Tapping Techniques to Stay Slim--for Life” as Want to Read:

The perfect companion to any diet regimen—a simple, accessible guide to shedding excess pounds for good, by helping you shift your attitudes towards food, your body, and yourself.

Little Book. Big Help.

Think you know how to lose weight, but can’t seem to shed those extra pounds? The truth is, most diets don’t work—or, at least, they don’t last. When we diet, we’re so consu
Published December 6th 2011 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Diet Help, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Diet Help

Raya
May 11, 2012 Raya rated it liked it
What spectacularly low average rating, GR!

If you are reading this book you're probably no stranger to dieting.
The first thing you need to know is that this isn't a diet book. This book is different.
You already know that you need to lose weight.

Forget the cliche flower bouquet. What better way to congratulate a mother this weekend than by handing her The Little Book of Diet Help by Kimberly Willis? Nothing says "I love you, Mom" quite like gifting another book about dieting. "Here's something to
Nancy
Feb 03, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
I liked this little book full of inspirational help and dieting facts that might motivate the lazy dieter (like me). However, it looked so simple like I should be able to blow through it in 30 minutes, that my other bad habit kicked in: procrastination. I put it off and put it off until my library book is due back and I can't renew right now. I know this sounds super lame, but I'm only on page 35. Crazy, right?

Alas, I'll have to come back to you later Little Book of Diet Help. Until we meet agai
Angie
Mar 14, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: health
Below are some words of wisdom that I appreciated.

1. "In order to have control of your life, your body, your weight, you must take responsibility for yourself. Only then can you make changes."

2. reak your own food rules - "patterns and habits that your mind has programmed in and that you now perform automatically." Example "I always have pizza on a Friday Night."

3. It is not a diet but a change of lifestyle

4. Some days you will fail at food control. "Expect it. Accept it. You are only human. It
Monique
Sep 27, 2015 Monique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
There are several simple statements that will help you realize how much you sabotage yourself when dieting. You have to stop the negative self talk and work on you. Try to forget what others think of you and concentrate on YOU. Know that no one is perfect but you can reduce stress, increase your exercise, drink more water, and accept the small changes as they develop.
Elizabeth
Jan 08, 2013 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Shelves: can-t-finish
I'm not giving this book a single star. While I wasn't expecting to learn anything new, I definitely wasn't expecting to not finish this book. I think it was the chapter that suggested literally tapping yourself to ward off hunger that put the nail in the coffin. I mean...
Christy Colvin
Christy Colvin rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2015
e
e rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2014
Tracie  Thomson
Tracie Thomson rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2016
Shari
Shari rated it liked it
May 11, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2012
Nom de plume
Nom de plume rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2015
Adrienne Amborski
Jan 18, 2012 Adrienne Amborski rated it liked it
Includes little tidbits of diet help. Big on tapping.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2012
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2016
ELIZABETH-ANNE
ELIZABETH-ANNE rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2016
Lidiab
Apr 24, 2012 Lidiab rated it it was ok
Has wonderful potential for a capitve audience.
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Kimberly Willis
Telma
Telma rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Cammy Koch
Cammy Koch rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Kimberly Willis
Mar 05, 2013 Kimberly Willis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Two Readers in Love
Two Readers in Love rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2016
Sharon T.
Sharon T. rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2013
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2012
jane
jane marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2012
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
Zorana Milosavljević
Zorana Milosavljević marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Aga
Aga added it
Jul 02, 2014
Olia
Olia added it
Oct 02, 2015
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Amanda Salgado
Amanda Salgado marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2016
I live in Yorkshire with my husband, teens, dogs and cats.

I have been a therapist for many years, and before that as a research chemist.
More about Kimberly Willis...