Start by marking “Awake!: A Reader for the Sleepless” as Want to Read:
Awake!: A Reader for the Sleepless

Awake!: A Reader for the Sleepless

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Millions can’t sleep; millions more sleep with those who can’t sleep. This collection is ideal for both the casual light sleeper and the dedicated insomniac (as well as their bedmates), delighting and distracting night owls with irresistible fiction, articles, blogs, art, photographs, comics, and more. Previously unpublished stories by Aimee Bender and Arthur Bradford; pit...more
Published July 28th 2007 by Soft Skull Press

To ask other readers questions about Awake!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awake!

Melanie
Feb 01, 2009 Melanie marked it as to-read
At night I am an insomniac...at daytime I want to sleep and dream.
Maybe if I read this book at daytime I get tired so I can sleep at night.
Jayme Allen
Definitely not a sleeping-aid, this anthology captures the raw, jarring atmosphere of a night awake. The variety of the entries, ranging from fiction, to essays, to cartoons, to pictorials, is a boon for the scattered mind of the insomniac. Some subject matter may be a little abstract for the same, however.
Ben
An eclectic free-wheeling trip through the endless confusion, compulsions and complexes that those of us who find ourselves counting ceiling tiles late at night know all too well.
Roslyn
Collection of poems and short stories. True stories about people living with insomnia. Abstract and amusing.
Steven Beeber
Jan 31, 2014 Steven Beeber added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Joshua
I'd just like to iterate what a genius Aimee Bender is.
Timothy
Great theme and writing!
Cortney
Mostly a snooze. A couple standout pieces, but full of boring rants about how writers can't sleep. I already knew that. And some godawful poetry that I might have secretly written myself in seventh grade.
Hena Hameed
Hena Hameed marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
May 27, 2014
Sarah Hyman
Sarah Hyman marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Arlyn Vanessa
Arlyn Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Tameca
Tameca marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2013
Beth M
Beth M marked it as to-read
May 22, 2013
Dana Butterflies
Dana Butterflies marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Adam Vanzant
Adam Vanzant marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Heebie-Jeebies at CBGB's: A Secret History of Jewish Punk The Heebie-Jeebies at Cbgb's: A Secret History of Jewish Punk White Riot: Punk Rock and the Politics of Race River Muse: Tales of Lowell & the Merrimack Valley We Are Ugly But We Have The Music: Eine ungewöhnliche Spurensuche in Sachen jüdischer Erfahrung und Subkultur