Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins

Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins (Naruto #55)

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  2,768 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Evil masterminds Kabuto and Madara instigate a skirmish with Naruto and friends on Turtle Island. The Allied Shinobi Forces prepare to attack, but are they ready for Kabuto's horde of reanimated dead ninja?!
Published March 6th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 55, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 55

pea
Mar 15, 2012 pea rated it really liked it
little naruto fox!
Brad
Mar 27, 2013 Brad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
The great Ninja war has begun, and all the old and dead masters of the art is under Kabuto's control. He's actually one of my favorite necromancers in any series, but he has to grow into it first. These are just the opening salvos, but what really stands out is the return of Zabuza and Haku.

I'm meh about the return of the 7 great swordsmen.
Ashley
Apr 26, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it
Sudeshna Bora
Dec 16, 2016 Sudeshna Bora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Giving it a 4 cause it didnot impress me out of my mind .
I like it a lot , the feeling of the new people who are going into war.
Zetsu seems very very intriguing.
Bringing back the old dead people do has its own charm.
Seeing Haku and Zabuza , feeling of nostalgia do strikes me .
Happy to see Sai and his brother's ending.

Loved the introduction of the seven swordsman.
Hamad
Love love love, and I just hope non of my favorites get hurt!' <3<3
Kathleen
Aug 22, 2015 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Naruto continues working on controlling his buju power while Kabuto and Madara search Yamato's mind for intel. The allied shinobi force organizes itself with Gaara as the commander. Kabuto has revived the previous jinchuuriki, Akatsuki members, previous gokage, and other shinobi of interest.

The revived shinobi still have their minds but their bodies are being controlled. Gaara gives a pretty good speech about being an undivided force and working together. Kabuto captures Anko and is planning to
Miss
May 20, 2012 Miss rated it liked it
That was pretty good! The volume moves between many characters but thanks to the overarching war storyline it comes across as more cohesive than messy. It gives Kishimoto a chance to remind everyone of how large his universe is and how much history this cast has accrued. I felt really nostalgic watching Gaara giving his speech. Remember the first redemption by Naruto storyline? Remember how it was actually emotionally effective because the shared biju connection made you believe he really would ...more
Sarah Hayes
May 22, 2012 Sarah Hayes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
This feels like the volume that should have came after fifty-three, quality wise. After a rather lackluster and spotty as hell fifty-hour, this latest volume brings back the story-telling and action that marks Kishimoto’s skills as one of the best shonen manga-kas in Weekly Shonen Jump today. With the return of many supporting characters to the main arc and the start of what looks to be a multi-volume ninja war, it’s clear that Naruto is finally back to form.

You can read the rest of my review at
Minkwan Shin
Oct 25, 2011 Minkwan Shin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
The one of the most strongest ninja Uchiha Madara that was dead. has been revived from the dead and the akatsuki a gruop that seeks revenge declares war with the 5 nations leaf village cloud village rain village rock village and the sand village after reviving all the legendary ninja like jinchuriki (monsters inside a ninja) hokage and kazekage and raikage the past king of each villages. Sasuke who wants to destroy the leaf village take control of the eternal mangyekuo sharingan. Will Naruto an ...more
Reed Raab
May 28, 2013 Reed Raab rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, owned, reviewed, series
This is another superb volume of Naruto, with the Great Ninja War finally starting and learning how edo tensei actually works. It also contains the infamous panel that was poorly translated online that sent fanboys and girls into a tizzy thinking that Hatake Kakashi was actually going to go on a “rampage” and use the other 999 jutsus he claims he knows.

He then uses chidori.

But I still haven’t given up hope of seeing this rampage 108 chapters later…
Chris Lemmerman
It's difficult to review a book that's this far into a storyline. If you're already reading the series, there's no reason why you'd stop here, surely.

Anyway, this is a very action packed volume since the War between Madara's forces and the Allied Shinobi Force gets underway, with some nice battle sequences as well as some new skills for Naruto. Everything is bubbling along nicely, and I'm sure it'll only get more fun next time.
Taruia
Nov 09, 2014 Taruia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The biggerest humungousness ninja war since the last one has kicked off. Now whilst we can already probably guess the winner of the world's biggest biff, but it'll be close, because otherwise it wouldn't be very interesting, and the Shonen Jump editor would be excluded from the Friday night sake-fest. I may have over sold it, but someone prove me wrong.

Meanwhile Naruto is still under training of the greatly annoying rhyming Octopop.
Megan M
Apr 19, 2012 Megan M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The war begins!

I'm so glad that we have an enemy who isn't Sasuke for a little while. I'm getting sick of that kid. Gaara's speech was actually very moving and I'm impressed for the first time in a while with Naruto's growth in terms of power.
Wickedshizuku
Apr 19, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans
With three color pages; what's not to love in this volume? Starting Chapter 515: The War Begins!
Naruto starts to suspect their is something amiss with the island he's on. He also starts the task of controlling the Kyuubi chakra in detail starting with stacking blocks.
Adalira Morningstar
The one in which I'm still uncomfortable with Zabuza and Haku's relationship because it's never defined. On one hand, it could be a strong friendship or a father and son like bond. On the other hand, it might be a grown ass man in love with his teenage meat shield.
Carmine
Apr 15, 2016 Carmine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La partenza della quarta guerra mondiale dei ninja è molto buona, direi quasi promettente.
Tralasciando i soliti intrighi fini a sè stessi, il fattore nostalgia (Haku, zabuza) e la curiosità (sette spadaccini della nebbia) permettono al volume di emergere.
Evi Rezeki
Jul 23, 2014 Evi Rezeki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Loncat dari vol. 49 ke 55, jadi banyak yang nggak ngerti. Ditambah lagi udah lama nggak baca Naruto. Bingung deh :D

Seru dan (seharusnya) mengharukan. Kayaknya harus lanjut baca vol 56 biar kerasa lagi keseruan cerita Naruto :)
Justin
Mar 11, 2013 Justin rated it really liked it
There were a lot of crazy battles, but there were so many old dead characters that I couldn't remember who they all were or how they died. Good book regardless.
Logan Simpson
Jul 20, 2015 Logan Simpson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
We got to see so many old faces in this volume! I loved seeing Sasori, Deidara, Haku, and Zabuza again.
معتز
Feb 28, 2012 معتز rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics
أفضل ما في هذا الفوليم هو عودة زابوزا وهاكو من شخصيات النينجا المميزة،وقصتهم المليئة بالمشاعر ..وننعي حظهم البائس ل6
Angela
Aug 18, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, ninja
I read this volume so fast, because I just had to see where it lead. Epic upon epic battles... I think without a doubt Naruto would have to be my favourite Manga to read.
Dymond
Nov 10, 2015 Dymond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Awesome!
Elly Kurniawati
Dec 27, 2012 Elly Kurniawati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masih tentang pegang besar ninja. Terharu sama keluarnya Zabusa & Haku yang dibawah pengaruh edotensei. His plead to Kakashi sensei is a heart wrecking thing in this manga.
Brandon Baker
Feb 24, 2014 Brandon Baker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun stuff.
Seno
Oct 31, 2016 Seno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perang melawan edo tensei pun dimulai. Mereka yang hidup, yang pernah mengalahkan musuh-musuh, kini kembali bertarung! Gaara ini benar-benar sosok pemimpin ya. Terasa banget auranya :”)
Trevor Smith
Aug 28, 2015 Trevor Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forces awaken and emotions run high. The Nostalgia in this volume is so great and leaves a smile on your face! Would recommend!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Aug 23, 2015 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Good volume. Art is either good to really good in moments and sometimes with each volume. Other than that, series is going strong with the current story arc.
Nura
May 31, 2012 Nura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
kenapa klan hyuga gambarnya sama semua sih. atau gw yang siwer ya. tapi keren panget pas Hinata nutupin blind spotnya berdua sama Neji (kalo ga salah). di volume ini, gaara tetep yang paling keren.
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 34 [Burīchi 34] (Bleach, #34)
  • ワンピース 56 [Wan Pīsu 56] (One Piece, #56)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)