Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins

Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins (Naruto #55)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  2,146 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Naruto is a ninja-in-training with an incorrigible knack for mischief. He's got a wild sense of humor, but Naruto is completely serious about his mission to be the world's greatest ninja!

The Great War Begins

Evil masterminds Kabuto and Madara instigate a skirmish with Naruto and friends on Turtle Island. The Allied Shinobi Forces prepare to attack, but are they ready for Ka
Published March 6th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 55, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 55

Brad
The great Ninja war has begun, and all the old and dead masters of the art is under Kabuto's control. He's actually one of my favorite necromancers in any series, but he has to grow into it first. These are just the opening salvos, but what really stands out is the return of Zabuza and Haku.

I'm meh about the return of the 7 great swordsmen.
Ashley
Kathleen
Naruto continues working on controlling his buju power while Kabuto and Madara search Yamato's mind for intel. The allied shinobi force organizes itself with Gaara as the commander. Kabuto has revived the previous jinchuuriki, Akatsuki members, previous gokage, and other shinobi of interest.

The revived shinobi still have their minds but their bodies are being controlled. Gaara gives a pretty good speech about being an undivided force and working together. Kabuto captures Anko and is planning to
Miss
That was pretty good! The volume moves between many characters but thanks to the overarching war storyline it comes across as more cohesive than messy. It gives Kishimoto a chance to remind everyone of how large his universe is and how much history this cast has accrued. I felt really nostalgic watching Gaara giving his speech. Remember the first redemption by Naruto storyline? Remember how it was actually emotionally effective because the shared biju connection made you believe he really would ...more
Taruia
The biggerest humungousness ninja war since the last one has kicked off. Now whilst we can already probably guess the winner of the world's biggest biff, but it'll be close, because otherwise it wouldn't be very interesting, and the Shonen Jump editor would be excluded from the Friday night sake-fest. I may have over sold it, but someone prove me wrong.

Meanwhile Naruto is still under training of the greatly annoying rhyming Octopop.
Evi Rezeki
Loncat dari vol. 49 ke 55, jadi banyak yang nggak ngerti. Ditambah lagi udah lama nggak baca Naruto. Bingung deh :D

Seru dan (seharusnya) mengharukan. Kayaknya harus lanjut baca vol 56 biar kerasa lagi keseruan cerita Naruto :)
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume. Art is either good to really good in moments and sometimes with each volume. Other than that, series is going strong with the current story arc.
Trevor Smith
Forces awaken and emotions run high. The Nostalgia in this volume is so great and leaves a smile on your face! Would recommend!
Jussi
I'm rating the series in a clump – see the last book (Vol. 72) for review.
Sarah Hayes
This feels like the volume that should have came after fifty-three, quality wise. After a rather lackluster and spotty as hell fifty-hour, this latest volume brings back the story-telling and action that marks Kishimoto’s skills as one of the best shonen manga-kas in Weekly Shonen Jump today. With the return of many supporting characters to the main arc and the start of what looks to be a multi-volume ninja war, it’s clear that Naruto is finally back to form.

You can read the rest of my review at
Jorge Lucas
Or more accurrately, the lame war begins.
Minkwan Shin
The one of the most strongest ninja Uchiha Madara that was dead. has been revived from the dead and the akatsuki a gruop that seeks revenge declares war with the 5 nations leaf village cloud village rain village rock village and the sand village after reviving all the legendary ninja like jinchuriki (monsters inside a ninja) hokage and kazekage and raikage the past king of each villages. Sasuke who wants to destroy the leaf village take control of the eternal mangyekuo sharingan. Will Naruto an ...more
kim song ng
War is on its way
Reed Raab
This is another superb volume of Naruto, with the Great Ninja War finally starting and learning how edo tensei actually works. It also contains the infamous panel that was poorly translated online that sent fanboys and girls into a tizzy thinking that Hatake Kakashi was actually going to go on a “rampage” and use the other 999 jutsus he claims he knows.

He then uses chidori.

But I still haven’t given up hope of seeing this rampage 108 chapters later…
Chris Lemmerman
It's difficult to review a book that's this far into a storyline. If you're already reading the series, there's no reason why you'd stop here, surely.

Anyway, this is a very action packed volume since the War between Madara's forces and the Allied Shinobi Force gets underway, with some nice battle sequences as well as some new skills for Naruto. Everything is bubbling along nicely, and I'm sure it'll only get more fun next time.
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
Sep 10, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Shelves: manga
With three color pages; what's not to love in this volume? Starting Chapter 515: The War Begins!
Naruto starts to suspect their is something amiss with the island he's on. He also starts the task of controlling the Kyuubi chakra in detail starting with stacking blocks.
Reem
Volume 55: Chapter 515-524
Megan Sanchez
The war begins!

I'm so glad that we have an enemy who isn't Sasuke for a little while. I'm getting sick of that kid. Gaara's speech was actually very moving and I'm impressed for the first time in a while with Naruto's growth in terms of power.
Nura
kenapa klan hyuga gambarnya sama semua sih. atau gw yang siwer ya. tapi keren panget pas Hinata nutupin blind spotnya berdua sama Neji (kalo ga salah). di volume ini, gaara tetep yang paling keren.
Angela
I read this volume so fast, because I just had to see where it lead. Epic upon epic battles... I think without a doubt Naruto would have to be my favourite Manga to read.
Elly Kurniawati
Masih tentang pegang besar ninja. Terharu sama keluarnya Zabusa & Haku yang dibawah pengaruh edotensei. His plead to Kakashi sensei is a heart wrecking thing in this manga.
Justin
There were a lot of crazy battles, but there were so many old dead characters that I couldn't remember who they all were or how they died. Good book regardless.
معتز
أفضل ما في هذا الفوليم هو عودة زابوزا وهاكو من شخصيات النينجا المميزة،وقصتهم المليئة بالمشاعر ..وننعي حظهم البائس ل6
Dru
The war begins! All seven swordsman of mist appear as well! Geekiness ensues.
Thenia
The war is well underway and Naruto is getting on a whole new level of AWESOME!
Kathleen
Oh good, it's been a while since I remembered to cry about Haku and Zabuza.
Thifa Lathifah
Komik ini kurang seru, karna Naruto belum turun tangan di peperangan ini...
Tsing Lin
I guess Naruto is almost coming to an end after the war, GO NARUTO!
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 34 (Bleach, #34)
  • ワンピース [Wan Pīsu] 59 (One Piece, #59)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三 Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11) Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5) Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)