Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins

Naruto, Vol. 55: The Great War Begins (Naruto #55)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,647 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The Great War Begins: Evil masterminds Kabuto and Madara instigate a skirmish with Naruto and friends on Turtle Island. The Allied Shinobi Forces prepare to attack, but are they ready for Kabuto's horde of reanimated dead ninja?!
Published March 6th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 55, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 55

Ashley
Miss
That was pretty good! The volume moves between many characters but thanks to the overarching war storyline it comes across as more cohesive than messy. It gives Kishimoto a chance to remind everyone of how large his universe is and how much history this cast has accrued. I felt really nostalgic watching Gaara giving his speech. Remember the first redemption by Naruto storyline? Remember how it was actually emotionally effective because the shared biju connection made you believe he really would...more
Evi  Sri Rezeki
Loncat dari vol. 49 ke 55, jadi banyak yang nggak ngerti. Ditambah lagi udah lama nggak baca Naruto. Bingung deh :D

Seru dan (seharusnya) mengharukan. Kayaknya harus lanjut baca vol 56 biar kerasa lagi keseruan cerita Naruto :)
This feels like the volume that should have came after fifty-three, quality wise. After a rather lackluster and spotty as hell fifty-hour, this latest volume brings back the story-telling and action that marks Kishimoto’s skills as one of the best shonen manga-kas in Weekly Shonen Jump today. With the return of many supporting characters to the main arc and the start of what looks to be a multi-volume ninja war, it’s clear that Naruto is finally back to form.

You can read the rest of my review at...more
Minkwan Shin
The one of the most strongest ninja Uchiha Madara that was dead. has been revived from the dead and the akatsuki a gruop that seeks revenge declares war with the 5 nations leaf village cloud village rain village rock village and the sand village after reviving all the legendary ninja like jinchuriki (monsters inside a ninja) hokage and kazekage and raikage the past king of each villages. Sasuke who wants to destroy the leaf village take control of the eternal mangyekuo sharingan. Will Naruto an...more
Reed Raab
This is another superb volume of Naruto, with the Great Ninja War finally starting and learning how edo tensei actually works. It also contains the infamous panel that was poorly translated online that sent fanboys and girls into a tizzy thinking that Hatake Kakashi was actually going to go on a “rampage” and use the other 999 jutsus he claims he knows.

He then uses chidori.

But I still haven’t given up hope of seeing this rampage 108 chapters later…
Chris Lemmerman
It's difficult to review a book that's this far into a storyline. If you're already reading the series, there's no reason why you'd stop here, surely.

Anyway, this is a very action packed volume since the War between Madara's forces and the Allied Shinobi Force gets underway, with some nice battle sequences as well as some new skills for Naruto. Everything is bubbling along nicely, and I'm sure it'll only get more fun next time.
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Sep 10, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Shelves: manga
With three color pages; what's not to love in this volume? Starting Chapter 515: The War Begins!
Naruto starts to suspect their is something amiss with the island he's on. He also starts the task of controlling the Kyuubi chakra in detail starting with stacking blocks.
Reem
Volume 55: Chapter 515-524
Megan Sanchez
The war begins!

I'm so glad that we have an enemy who isn't Sasuke for a little while. I'm getting sick of that kid. Gaara's speech was actually very moving and I'm impressed for the first time in a while with Naruto's growth in terms of power.
Nura
kenapa klan hyuga gambarnya sama semua sih. atau gw yang siwer ya. tapi keren panget pas Hinata nutupin blind spotnya berdua sama Neji (kalo ga salah). di volume ini, gaara tetep yang paling keren.
Angela
I read this volume so fast, because I just had to see where it lead. Epic upon epic battles... I think without a doubt Naruto would have to be my favourite Manga to read.
Elly Kurniawati
Masih tentang pegang besar ninja. Terharu sama keluarnya Zabusa & Haku yang dibawah pengaruh edotensei. His plead to Kakashi sensei is a heart wrecking thing in this manga.
Justin
There were a lot of crazy battles, but there were so many old dead characters that I couldn't remember who they all were or how they died. Good book regardless.
Lamilla
Jun 04, 2013 Lamilla marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
معتز
أفضل ما في هذا الفوليم هو عودة زابوزا وهاكو من شخصيات النينجا المميزة،وقصتهم المليئة بالمشاعر ..وننعي حظهم البائس ل6
Dru
The war begins! All seven swordsman of mist appear as well! Geekiness ensues.
Thenia
The war is well underway and Naruto is getting on a whole new level of AWESOME!
Kathleen
Oh good, it's been a while since I remembered to cry about Haku and Zabuza.
Thifa Lathifah
Komik ini kurang seru, karna Naruto belum turun tangan di peperangan ini...
Tsing Lin
I guess Naruto is almost coming to an end after the war, GO NARUTO!
David De
Everyone is coming out now! Literally everyone!
Adam 9
The war is coming , the reanimation judsu
Jenny
[Ch. 513-524]
  • Bleach, Vol. 47: End of the Chrysalis Age (Bleach #47)
  • One Piece, Volume 56
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三 Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11) Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5) Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)