Start by marking “The Thorn in His Side” as Want to Read:
The Thorn in His Side

The Thorn in His Side (21st Century Bosses #4)

Libby Marchant's first meeting with her boss goes off with a bang -- into Rafael Alejandro's top-of-the-range sports car, unfortunately! The unpredictable and alluring Libby throws Rafael completely off-kilter but, luckily, as she's his employee, he'll be able to keep her at arm's length.

At least that's the plan, because in the perfectly oiled machine that is Rafael's lif
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3050, 192 pages
Published March 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Thorn in His Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thorn in His Side

RLA
Aug 17, 2011 RLA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The hero Rafael meets the heroine Libby when she runs in front of his car to save her friend's dog, causing Rafael to swerve and crash into a tree. They are immediately attracted to one another although Rafael does find Libby a little frustrating. After he leaves Libby goes home to discover that her family has lost their home and business due to a ruthless businessman calling in their debt. Libby goes to confront the man and is shocked to discover that it is actually Rafael. Rafael sets her stra ...more
LLCSpokane
I liked this book ok. It'll never be a reread or a keeper but I found it interesting enough to finish and didn't feel the need to throw it against the wall (good thing because it was an ebook). I wasn't bored and it did have a few laugh out loud moments. Who could ask for more? Well I could but lately this is about as good as it gets for me.
Actually I have read a few keepers in the new releases but they are few and far between.
Cokewater
Dec 28, 2012 Cokewater rated it it was ok

I didn't like how Libby kept saying she would never sleep with Rafael, how she absolutely hates him. Two seconds later she's all over him?! And Rafael, he hears this woman repeatedly reject him, clearly saying no. But apparently no means yes in this book. What kind of message does this send to readers?
Saly
The Thorn in His Side just didn't click with me at any point, I just couldn't understand why the characters did what they did.

Rafael is a self-made millionaire and hasn't cared for anyone since his mother died. He meets Libby by accident when she comes in front if his car, he finds out that she is the daughter of the man whose company he is closing down.

Libby goes and confronts him and says bad things about him, to be fair Rafael tells her she has a chance to save the business by interning with
E.A. Walker
May 26, 2016 E.A. Walker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very exciting story. One can tell from all the exclamation marks, printed or implied. He is wildly good looking, has umpty million dollars and is a wonderful human being. She is incredibly beautiful, has a prickly dialogue (I refuse to say 'personality') which he finds enchanting, and is a wonderful human being. They are incredibly attracted to each other. After resisting for a while they fall into bed together, have incredibly wonderful sex and live happily ever after. No. Predictable ...more
Stephanie
This was a 2.5 book it was ok but I felt that it didn't engage the reader and when I picked it up I had to remember what the book was about. The only redeeming time was when the hero doesn't make the heroine choose.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: 21st Century Bosses
Category: Classic Romance
W.
Mar 29, 2012 W. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF. Too many "!" and a heroine that's a spoiled brat. Couldn't make it past the first few chapters.
Silje
Norwegian version
Tanya Mayes
Mar 24, 2013 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
Good read
Diane
Mar 03, 2012 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
more like a 2.5 for me. this one has the heroine who sacrifices herself for her family's ultimate good, and they don't realize that she is sleeping with her new boss for THEM!
Jo Manton
Jan 28, 2013 Jo Manton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
call me sad but really like this one ,shame it only took one hour to read though.
Roub
Apr 07, 2013 Roub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
absolutely loved it !! no intense story here, infact it's very light but entertaining and very enjoyable. i loved it !!no melodrama or exaggerations.
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Novellover
Novellover rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Breanne
Breanne rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Dubaduba
Dubaduba rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Mtld
Mtld rated it really liked it
May 11, 2013
Sherry Whitman
Sherry Whitman rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Jennifer Mcpherson
Jennifer Mcpherson rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2014
Jane O'Reilly
Jane O'Reilly rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Mari65
Mari65 rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Nic
Nic rated it it was ok
May 18, 2014
marylou
marylou rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Kami
Kami rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Joan
Joan rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Jenn Allen
Jenn Allen rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Shameful Consequence
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester, #2)
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • His Reputation Precedes Him (The Lyonedes Legacy, #2)
  • Princess From the Past
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Contract with Consequences
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
Though lacking much authentic Welsh blood, Kim Lawrence comes from English-Irish stock. She was born and brought up in North Wales. She returned there when she married, and her sons were both born on Anglesey, an island off the coast. Though not isolated, Anglesey is a little off the beaten track, but lively Dublin, which Kim loves, is only a short ferry ride away. Today they live on the farm her ...more
More about Kim Lawrence...

21st Century Bosses (4 books)
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester, #1)
  • Doukakis's Apprentice