Start by marking “Snow spell” as Want to Read:

Sonia Pereira Murphy

Snow spell

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  6 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Snow spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow spell

Ivana
Sep 22, 2012 Ivana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
*my gut feeling tells me the actual rating is 4.5, but rounding it up because the originality deserves it*

Now, this was something completely different. The author provided a sample chapter with her review request, and it was enough for me to say "YES, PLEASE!"

Snow Spell is a retelling of Snow White set in modern-day Paris and written in prose poems. Neve is a poor girl roaming the streets of Paris until one day she meets a beautiful, but mysterious lady and an intriguing young man...if I say an
Roxy
Jan 02, 2012 Roxy rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Can I find a word to explain how enthralling this book was written?

I was never a really big fan of Snow White itself, but I've now got a better understanding with a fresh image in my mind, thanks to this book. Because this book is written in prose poetry makes it a quick light-read, which makes it even better. I really don't enjoy books that much that I have super long chapters.

This book is, what I like to think, like a blank canvas that was turned into a beautiful painting. Think vibrant colo
Books Mom
Dec 18, 2011 Books Mom rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

Ms. Murphy has taken the fairy tale of Snow White and created a beautiful modern-day story.

We first see Neve (snow, in Italian) as a beggar girl on the streets of Paris, who tells those who give her money that "My father is a peacock with sad purple and green eyes decorating his luminous feathers.

And Maman? A beautiful black swan who bathes in rainwater."

Neve dreams of being one of the beautiful creatures she sees on the streets, not
Jessica at Book Sake
This was an interesting take on the Snow White story set in what I assumed was modern day Paris. This tale didn't keep much with the traditional story outside of the evil queen/stepmother. I liked a lot of the modern aspects and the lack of the dwarfs but the constantly changing writing perspective was tough to follow. It's really the only reason that I didn't give this book a 4. The supernatural element was written well and believably into the fairytale. Overall I enjoyed the book and it was a ...more
Alianadeem
Alianadeem marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Dimplestardoll
Dimplestardoll marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Sofia Wren
Sofia Wren marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Leonor (Ner)
Leonor (Ner) marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
Mari
Mari rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2011