Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)

Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly #1.5)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Teenage mystic Rachelle Dugas knows to expect the unexpected when she fills in for a friend leading a Haunted New Orleans tour. But when she decides to check out a haunted house on her own, nothing prepares her for the secrets lurking in the shadows—or the twist of destiny about to unfold.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 50 pages
Published November 23rd 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin

"New Orleans had a reputation, a mystique. When you come to the Big Easy, you did things you didn't normally do. You ate food you couldn't pronounce and went into shops selling things you'd never seen before, you stayed up insanely late and took a picture next to the Bourbon Street sign post just to show everyone you'd been there. You did a swamp tour-or a ghost tour.." This is a quote from the first chapter of the book. For some reason it struck a cord with me....

Rachelle Dugas or "Marguerite"...more
KyBunnies
Nov 24, 2011 KyBunnies rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA readers
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon.com
I do not know what I was expecting when I started reading this short story but I got something I never thought would happen. Usually the free e books offered in the Kindle Store are only a 3 star. This book totally goes above a 5 star read. This book was wonderful. I can not wait to read all of the books in this series. It was so interesting. It keeps the reader totally interested. This short story has a great plot with wonderful characters. This may be a new author but she is truly great. I wil...more
Teresa Garcia
I did enjoy this book. I enjoyed seeing how these two stories tied together. My only complaint is that I was so far into them that when I hit the end it was like slamming hard into a brick wall. If I had been given more story then I'd be giving five stars.

The level of description was beautiful and the character interply was very smooth. I'd like to see how this author would handle two people not trusting each other ut havingto cooperate. She wouldprobably handle that well as well.
Virginia
Its about a girl named Rachel and it was good. Things I liked about it the author was really in it and I could see a lot of things going through her head and picturing things. Others were her friend was a god person and went on a mission to go see this house and told stories about it.
I do recommend this to people that like to figure out things and puzzles
Bari
I read and really loved book 1 in the Dragonfly series and then found this novella on Amazon for free.

If you are planning on reading this series, and you should because it's really good, then read this first. It's free on Amazon.com

Heather
One "good" thing about this book is that it is a little scary. I've never actually read a book that scared me, so that was a first. The New Orleans setting is cool, but I'm not much into scary books OR movies. Good thing it was a short book...
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I loved Shattered Dreams so when I saw this short story I jumped on it.
This is such a great start to a series and this novella was just as good as the first book.
I can not wait for the second book to be out.
Jessica Salt
Ellie? I really enjoyed reading Haunted Destiny. I the book was so amazing I enjoyed every moment of it. Love the story!!! You did a good job writing this book.
Care
Was available for free, so thought I would take a look. It's a cute little short story. Going to add the first book in the series to my to read list.
this was a free download. i did not realize this was part of a series. it was good but doesnt make me want to go and read the series.
Kelley
Short but good. A well written and fun little supernatural novella set in what appears to be pre-Katrina New Orleans.
Amber
Aug 10, 2012 Amber rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I am really into wanting to read this series... I'm thinking this is the next one on my list!
Samantha
I really enjoyed this book.
It kept me unable to put it down. 5stars(:
Angie Lisle
Well-written but the story ends abruptly, with few answers.
Shannon
Short prequel to the Midnight Dragonfly series
Darleen
Meh. This book could of honestly been better.
Connie Garcia
I loved the short story of her mom
Deshanna
Deshanna marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
meadow
meadow marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Beth Rea
Beth Rea marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Katalin Cable
Katalin Cable marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Makailah
Makailah marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Elyse
Elyse marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Kalasalivaikasva
Kalasalivaikasva marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Nette
Nette marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
  • Haunted Love
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Dead Drop: A Lawson Vampire Bonus Story
  • Crazy Emma
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • Caught (The Runners, Part Two)
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
  • Born of Fire (Channeler, #0.5)
  • The Leak
  • Necromancer (Necromancer, #0.5)
  • Collateral Damage: An Annie Ogden Mystery
  • A Very Holly Christmas
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Unfinished
  • The Hunters
  • Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Dimension Shifter (Dimensions Saga #1)
Ellie James believes in dreams, destiny, and possibility. A native of south Louisiana, she grew up immersed in legend, surrounded by history and drenched in mystery. She penned her first work of fiction at six, turning to suspense three years later with Jacquie and the Swamp. Even before graduating from the LSU Manship School of Journalism, Ellie always had a tragic poem, tender story, or intrigui...more
More about Ellie James...
Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1) Broken Illusions (Midnight Dragonfly, #2) Fragile Darkness (Midnight Dragonfly, #3)