Start by marking “Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)

Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly #1.5)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  195 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Teenage mystic Rachelle Dugas knows to expect the unexpected when she fills in for a friend leading a Haunted New Orleans tour. But when she decides to check out a haunted house on her own, nothing prepares her for the secrets lurking in the shadows—or the twist of destiny about to unfold.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 50 pages
Published November 23rd 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Destiny

Jen
Jan 06, 2016 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Kind of disjointed, with the visions blending with reality and who was the first guy? Why was he so creepy? Who was the second guy? The very end was cute and I was led to read the teaser of the next book and BOY did that disappoint me. The character of this story was interesting, nice and somewhat smart/snarky. Different MC in the teaser and she was an IDIOT. That story upset me so much that it complete erased this one from my head and I ended up accidentally reviewing that one at first. This st ...more
Feb 25, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult-2012
"New Orleans had a reputation, a mystique. When you come to the Big Easy, you did things you didn't normally do. You ate food you couldn't pronounce and went into shops selling things you'd never seen before, you stayed up insanely late and took a picture next to the Bourbon Street sign post just to show everyone you'd been there. You did a swamp tour-or a ghost tour.." This is a quote from the first chapter of the book. For some reason it struck a cord with me....

Rachelle Dugas or "Marguerite"
Kim Brown
Sep 20, 2014 Kim Brown rated it liked it
What can I say...it was free and a quick early Saturday morning read. So quick that I didn't fet a chance to make any type of connection to any of the characters.
KyBunnies
Nov 24, 2011 KyBunnies rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA readers
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon.com
I do not know what I was expecting when I started reading this short story but I got something I never thought would happen. Usually the free e books offered in the Kindle Store are only a 3 star. This book totally goes above a 5 star read. This book was wonderful. I can not wait to read all of the books in this series. It was so interesting. It keeps the reader totally interested. This short story has a great plot with wonderful characters. This may be a new author but she is truly great. I wil ...more
Shannon
Jan 03, 2015 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Really good short story
now I want to read more
Samantha Phelps
Aug 27, 2015 Samantha Phelps rated it it was amazing
I got sucked into this book! Loved it sooo much I read them all.
Teresa Garcia
Jul 16, 2013 Teresa Garcia rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book. I enjoyed seeing how these two stories tied together. My only complaint is that I was so far into them that when I hit the end it was like slamming hard into a brick wall. If I had been given more story then I'd be giving five stars.

The level of description was beautiful and the character interply was very smooth. I'd like to see how this author would handle two people not trusting each other ut havingto cooperate. She wouldprobably handle that well as well.
Virginia
Jan 20, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
Its about a girl named Rachel and it was good. Things I liked about it the author was really in it and I could see a lot of things going through her head and picturing things. Others were her friend was a god person and went on a mission to go see this house and told stories about it.
I do recommend this to people that like to figure out things and puzzles
Bari
Jun 01, 2013 Bari rated it really liked it
I read and really loved book 1 in the Dragonfly series and then found this novella on Amazon for free.

If you are planning on reading this series, and you should because it's really good, then read this first. It's free on Amazon.com

Heather
Nov 28, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok
One "good" thing about this book is that it is a little scary. I've never actually read a book that scared me, so that was a first. The New Orleans setting is cool, but I'm not much into scary books OR movies. Good thing it was a short book...
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I loved Shattered Dreams so when I saw this short story I jumped on it.
This is such a great start to a series and this novella was just as good as the first book.
I can not wait for the second book to be out.
Jessica Salt
Jul 26, 2012 Jessica Salt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ellie? I really enjoyed reading Haunted Destiny. I the book was so amazing I enjoyed every moment of it. Love the story!!! You did a good job writing this book.
Carrie at Paper Bindings
Was available for free, so thought I would take a look. It's a cute little short story. Going to add the first book in the series to my to read list.
Dec 12, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
this was a free download. i did not realize this was part of a series. it was good but doesnt make me want to go and read the series.
Jenn
Apr 23, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it
I liked this short story on Trinity's mother and it was neat on how her parents met. I almost wished the series was about her.
Kelley
May 01, 2013 Kelley rated it really liked it
Short but good. A well written and fun little supernatural novella set in what appears to be pre-Katrina New Orleans.
Amber
Aug 10, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I am really into wanting to read this series... I'm thinking this is the next one on my list!
Samantha
Dec 08, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
It kept me unable to put it down. 5stars(:
Angie Lisle
Apr 30, 2013 Angie Lisle rated it liked it
Well-written but the story ends abruptly, with few answers.
Shannon
Jun 08, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short prequel to the Midnight Dragonfly series
Connie Garcia
Jan 03, 2013 Connie Garcia rated it it was amazing
I loved the short story of her mom
amy j lundgren
amy j lundgren marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Deb Way
Deb Way rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
DanaJ
DanaJ rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Pamelakaur
Pamelakaur marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Zenabu Jawaraka
Zenabu Jawaraka marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Alyssa Rodriguez
Alyssa Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • A Chunk of Hell
  • Island Ghosts
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • Haunted Love
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • Dead Drop: A Lawson Vampire Bonus Story
  • Caught (The Runners, Part Two)
  • Crazy Emma
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
  • Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5)
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • Sacrifice
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Between a Clutch and a Hard Place (Myrtle Crumb, #1)
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Not Before Bed
Ellie James believes in dreams, destiny, and possibility. A native of south Louisiana, she grew up immersed in legend, surrounded by history and drenched in mystery. She penned her first work of fiction at six, turning to suspense three years later with Jacquie and the Swamp. Even before graduating from the LSU Manship School of Journalism, Ellie always had a tragic poem, tender story, or intrigui ...more
More about Ellie James...

Midnight Dragonfly (3 books)
  • Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1)
  • Broken Illusions (Midnight Dragonfly, #2)
  • Fragile Darkness (Midnight Dragonfly, #3)