A Very Holly Christmas

A Very Holly Christmas

2.88 of 5 stars 2.88  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Shelia Roberts is back with the hilarious short follow up to On Strike For Christmas. This short story will bring you right back to the spirited town of Holly, one year after the big strike! For even more Christmas (this time with a touch of romance) don’t miss The Nine Lives of Christmas, coming November 2011.
Published November 15th 2011 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about A Very Holly Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Holly Christmas

Arlene
Nov 29, 2011 Arlene rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one...
A Very Holly Christmas was too short of a story to really get to know any of the characters and the intended outcome. I actually had to read it twice to understand what it was all about. Good thing it was free, otherwise this would have been a full on rant. Didn’t really care for it and I got nothing out of reading this Christmas tidbit. :/
Frankiejohnny
This book is a one page teaser to get you interested in a different book "On Strike for Christmas". It does have a Start & Finish point, so it is technically a "story". It is well written and I think it would be worth reading Sheila Roberts other works. However, I was a little turned off, since this was soooo short. (It ends at location 77 of 250... so most of book is a sample of her book "Nine Lives of Christmas". That sample is just chapter 1 and is not a complete story.) Anyways... well w...more
Stacie
This is basically a chapter long and gives a VERY BRIEF synoposis of the characters in Holly after ON STRIKE FOR CHRISTMAS. Note this is a FREE Kindle download so you aren't out anything to read it. If you do the Kindle download, be sure to click your next page tab rather than click on the "Begin Reading" icon. It jumped ahead to a chapter from another book about a cat named Ambrose and a fireman named Zach.

It was a little too short for what I was hoping for. It seemed that it would have made m...more
Mary
I think it's a lead in to Sheila Roberts' new book The Nine Lives of Christmas (which I hope to read). More a preview instead of an actual short story, in my opinion. It was (is still?) a Kindle freebie.
Janet
It was a great book but a very short story. It let me wanting to know more.
Susan
I read this, unaware that it was just a "bridge" between two books. So short it was forgetful and I don't really care to look up the other two books.

If there had just been a little more "meat" to the story, maybe......
Kristina Lucero
I got this short story for free on Amazon through a promotion that is currently running.

Sometimes with short stories you pick up one and while reading it you have a feeling like you are missing something. That was the case with this read. While the story was cute and definitely Christmas theme I was so distracted by the lost feeling that it was difficult for me to get through the 19 pages. On Strike for Christmas, the novel that short story follows, is 394 pages long and that explains a lot.

Whil...more
Donna
Cute little story showing the differences in how people feel about Christmas. It is possible to change or revert maybe would be the better way of saying it. We all have different ways of addressing the spirit of season and joining with the families. Our couples experience some off that change and gives us a glimpse of the love that comes out of it. A little short but a great idea.
Sandra
May 23, 2014 Sandra rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
nothing really happened
Itsjustme-wendy
I have to say I was very disappointed in this short story. It wasn't even really a short story, it was more like a blurb! There was no story to it. No character development, no real setting and no plot. AND... honestly when I came to "The End" I thought the story was just saying the end, I thought there was more! I flipped forward, then back, the forward, then back again, and thought "Wow!, That's really it?!"
Kasi Lou

Review - Short and to the point. It wasn't that great.
Jacquelyn
Joy was kind of worried about Bob, after reading his new mystery titled, Frustrated husband plots to murder wife at family's christmas gathering. After she started a strike last year that led to a life changing epiphany for Bob.

Was the whole I have changed thing an acted, or did he really change ?

This was too cute for words.
Merry Christmas
Iris
Can't even call it a short story. It tells you absolutely nothing about any of the characters. As a matter of fact it kind of just looked like the morning after (or in this case the year after) of a Lifetime Channel movie I say on Thanksgiving weekend where all the women in one small town go on strike for the holidays.
Tiffany
This book while it says that it is a short story is not. Beware...this book holds two chapters from books that Sheila Roberts has written. One including the thoughts of a cat. No joke. So...don't be misled...like I was.
KyBunnies
Nov 16, 2011 KyBunnies rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like animals.
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon.com
This was a fast short read. I enjoyed the book until I got to the end and I felt like the author forgot something. That is why I have rated this as 4 star's and not 5. This was a free book in the Kindle store.
Cathie Nowicki
I love Sheila's books!!!

I want more of this story!!! I want to know how the people that were involved in the strike ended up! Please write more Sheila!!!
Antoinette the Book Junkie
I found this to be a major disappointment. I felt as if I was thrown in the deep end and told to swim without the benefit of a lesson. Things just did not make sense to me.
Lillie
A very short story with a lot of characters and confusing things that apparently you would understand only if you had read previous books in the series. But it hard a cute ending.
Jenn
About 5 minutes long. Most of the book is actually a preview of the next one. Not worth reading unless you've read the book before it, although not sure it's worth it even then.
Lea
Hmm, this is about five pages and seems to be one year later after 'On Strike for Christmas.' It was nice to have a follow up but was so short it was barely worth reading.
Michelle
I loved On Strike for Christmas. I was hoping that this was going to be a "regular length" book. Otherwise I liked it ok...hope she goes ahead and does a whole book!
Janet Stites
while it was cute, frankly there were too many charachters and therefore left a lot unexplained and unfinished. But as a FREE short story - it was a fairly good read.
Tina Wilson
neat little twist near the middle that made it very interesting. would have liked to have read this as a full length novel. it had my attention right away.
Gail
Jan 30, 2012 Gail rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: on one
Recommended to Gail by: Amazon
Shelves: novels, kindle
I usually enjoy regency romances, but I like the author to have done some research on customs and manners of the times. These were terrible.
Katie Watkins
Way too short. It was almost like the blurb off the back cover of a book, rather than a short story. Good thing it was free!
Rebeca
Felt more like it was trying to convince me to get her other book. However, it part, the story was cute.
Lisa
Two short stories. I guess I am more of a long story girl. Not very impressed with this book
Doreen
Awww. Really cute, but you definately have to read more. This really leaves you hanging.
Jovanie
Provides two short stories with generosity being driven in kindness manner. Great ebook.
  • Evergreen A Christmas Tale
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Holding Out For a Hero
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Holiday Rush
  • A Bride for Pastor Dan (Parkside Community Church #1)
  • Something
  • The Lake
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • The Accidental Hero
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • Crazy Emma
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • The Call
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
Sheila Roberts lives on a lake in the Pacific Northwest. She’s happily married and has three children. Her books have been best-sellers, Amazon top ten romance picks, and her popular holiday novel, "On Strike for Christmas" was made into a movie for the Lifetime channel. When she’s not speaking to women’s groups or at conferences she can be found writing about those things near and dear to women’s...more
More about Sheila Roberts...
The Snow Globe On Strike for Christmas Better Than Chocolate (Life in Icicle Falls, #1) Bikini Season The Nine Lives of Christmas