Start by marking “Dominion of the Eth (Wings #2)” as Want to Read:
Dominion of the Eth (Wings #2)

Dominion of the Eth (Wings #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  345 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The collar would stay, for Rylis would never free Tamrin…

Childhood memories of the Eth did no justice to what Rylis Tanyan would encounter in the depths of the Teeathun forest. But what he had treasured before had betrayed him, and now he must fight to escape the confines of the forest and his feelings for Tamrin, the Eth whom he’d loved long ago...
Published October 7th 2011 by Etopia Press (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dominion of the Eth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dominion of the Eth

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
138th out of 503 books — 985 voters
The Prince's Angel by Mychael BlackWings by J.C. OwensAnd the Two Shall Become One by Mychael BlackForsaking Eternity by Voirey LingerAngel 1089 by C.C. Bridges
Best Gay Angels
7th out of 83 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Emma Sea
A very unusual hurt/comfort non-con/abuse story, with a soft and tender heart, and a regretful abuser.

And sheesh, that ending; oh so lovely, lovely, lovely, and hot, hot, hot.

Now it's not very many m/m stories that make me realise I'm an idiot, but when Tamrin said (view spoiler)
Simsala
Authors are cruel!
Twenty-four hours after finishing The Dominion Of The Eth I still have puffy eyes.The result of tearing up on every occasion - couldn`t get the damn book out of my head.Thanks to Ms.Owens for putting me through the wringer like that...

I was hooked from the beginning.Fascinating characters in an intense,fairly dark and complex story with exceptional worldbuilding.
Coming to the the middle of the book I sat on the edge of my seat - nail-biting,unbelieving and chanting "don`t do th
Lady*M
Nov 19, 2012 Lady*M marked it as dnf
Shelves: fantasy, m-m-romance
At this point - approximately halfway through the book - I have to stop. I hate it so much - even more so because it's decently written - that it physically sickens me. I literally cried, not because I was touched, but because I was so, so angry.

I'll try to come back to it in a few days, just because I don't like leaving books unfinished, but I can't see how my impressions could be any different.

EDIT:

After contemplating for several days, I decided to postpone finishing this book indefinitely.
Heather♥

Reading some of the other reviews first almost scared me away from starting this book because of the strong emotions it apparently evoked, which I found to be very true. But even though it was often a difficult read, I'm glad that I took a chance. I was initially hoping it would have more of Anyar and Vanyae from the first book (they only had a brief cameo here), but the world-building in this one led us to the Eth instead and the imagery was wonderful. The first third of the book was a
Ayanna
(view spoiler)

Ahem. (embarrassed cough) Here is a more...sane review after having taken a little time to distance myself and think it over.

I have to say, this book is on a completely different than Owens's previous books. I think part of the problem was I was approaching this the way I normally do Owens's books. My perceptions were colored by my impressions of her previous books, so I couldn't fully appreciate it. Or maybe, because I went in assuming so
Vfields used to be Happy!
Sometimes its not easy reading the ends and outs of character development. JC Owens doesn't make it easy to get the whole story but this time around we do. Unlike Wings which left me with so many questions I was frustrated. Dominion of the Eth left no stone upturned and I applaud her work. Love is not always easy and those readers who ventured to the end went on a bumpy, sometimes ugly ride to understanding true love.
Diane
This book explores a thoroughly complex relationship where both characters waver between tender love and misguided cruelty.

What makes the story so fascinating is there is no easy black or white; there are no completely good guys or bad guys… the whole story is told in beautiful and sometimes heartbreaking shades of gray.

I’d recommend it, especially if you are a fan the author’s other works.
Td
I would never call what I write reviews in the traditional sense. They are usually a few words and personal opinions on how I felt about the book. Well, I'm at a loss for words and my feelings are a jumbled mess, so there goes that. Not an easy read that was still somehow beautifully written and totally worth the painful ride.
Betryal
JC has me once again entranced and enthralled with these stories. Took time to produce this one since the last, but dayum it was well worth the wait. Two thumbs up!
Clover
that was a wonderful and heartbreaking story.
Cole Riann
Though I had a few problems with Wings, the prequel to this book, I still enjoyed it quite a bit and I've definitely loved several of JC Owens' books. I have never been more disappointed to have to permanently shelve a book before.

Dominion has so many things that I felt were lacking in Wings, mostly the worldbuilding. There is so much more rich history and race relations stuff here that is really fascinating. My problem stems from the MC, Rylis. Never, ever ever have I disliked a character as mu
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Sep 29, 2012 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of MM capture stories with shades of grey heroes!
This author remains one of my all time favorites. I love the worlds she creates and the characters that inhabit them. Here Rylis and Tamrin have their story - and what a story it is!

Neither is an all good or all bad man - or being - they are absolutely flavored with shades of grey so intricate that you feel a bit like a bobble head at times. As the ebb and flow goes from one to the other in terms of who has the upper hand the story weaves its magic around you. Captive and Captor both the men lea
❂ Endless
The book was written well and the world building was exceptional and evocative. The first 20-25% of the book was quite engaging...BUT, the rest of the book kinda fell flat as, for most of the book the MCs can't really communicate with each other. There's not a whole lot of dialog but a lot of inner monologue of Rylis. Since the MCs couldn't actually communicate 'cos of language barriers I kept wanting to read about Tamrin's inner thoughts and feelings to get his side of the story/perspective. I ...more
Marsha Spence
I really enjoyed this followup to Wings. There was alot going on; lots of rage, anger, love, desire to possess. The ending made me cry. HEA, just in case you wondered. :)
Moniqee
It was good but the epilogue was the one that tugs my heart that I can't help but cried at the end.

Give this story a try, you wont regret it.
Ayune01
i was going ga-ga when reading this book.
i'm totally addicted to Author's plot.
Tammy
I usually LOVE all of J.C. Owen books but I have to say I was a bit disappointed in this one. I was felt through most of the book Rylis treated the Eth Tamrin just like an animal and this was supposedly someone he was suppose to care about. It just made me sad to read it and Tamrin was such a gentle person who truely loved Rylis and he choose to bend to his will even though Rylis put him through so much abuse. The moral of the story was for Tamrin to learn from his experence with Rylis but I hat ...more
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Commander Rylis Tanyan met an Eth long ago, and now, many years later, he is called to a village on the edges of the Melan kingdom and the Teeathun forest to sort out the problems they are having with the Eth. But, he is surprised by what he finds and ends up captured by the very Eth he once briefly met, and he will repay the betrayal with one of his own.

This is a very good novel where we meet Rylis Tanyan (Wi
Timeforme
This book bothered me quite a bit. (view spoiler) ...more
Cathrine08
Total bewilderment . That's what I get from this story. I find myself with the same predicament as Lady*M - just after half of the story and unable to continue.
My main problem is the question - WHY?
At the beginning of the story I was introduced to the really good main character. He was nice, thoughtful, compassionate and reasonable. I couldn't connect him with the character I remembered from the end of "Wings" because of so much difference. I liked him. Then he is rejoined with the other main c
Omega696
It was a good story, thought I wanted more than once kick both main characters in the shin. Seriously what the hell are you doing guys?
I was mostly sad because of change in the character of Rylis.
It was interesting and fun to read anyway.
Danielle
I'm so sad I didn't like this. The first on in the series was great! I really wanted to read the captain's book, but it fell flat for me. Found it kinda hard to read at times mostly because the world of the Eth wasn't explained as well as it should have been. Plus the madness that apparently comes over winged human (don't know what species they are) wasn't explained yet it was demonstrated. Though that might not sound confusing it just didn't make any sense when it was happening.

In the end the
Todd
This story could have very easily gotten 5 stars from me, except that half way through the book Rylis decided completely out of left field (and out of character) to go all 'Dominatrix Without Mercy' on the loving and kind Tamrin. "Let's beat someone we truly care about half to death. That sounds like *awesome* fun." Not. I nearly put the book down then and there.

But before and after that bizarre little trip to the Twilight Zone, I absolutely loved the book, in spite of the whole master / slave t
CB
A very different type of story. You don't have to read the first book "Wings" but I highly recommend it as it gives some background on Rylis Tanyan and it is worth reading. This was dark, harsh but still a story of romance and love. Very unique.
Vivian Archer
Sweet and hurts.

Nice add on to the Melan world and Anyar and Vanyae make a surprising yet brief appearance for this story revolves an entirely different race as yet undiscussed--the Eth. Ethereal beings with sharp pointy teeth and three inch claws, fierce and delicate they are desirable.

Rylis's encounter as a child didn't prepare him for what he sees as an adult. His reconnection with Tamarin is unexpected and each of them commits acts they will come to regret. Can duty and love find a place to
Tamela
Sweet love or painful slavery, both of these are components that make up this fascinating story. How a pure love can be confused and turned to something so much darker, and then back was told wonderfully in this story of two men who had so much to learn about each other... but more to learn about themselves.

I loved this story and highly recommend it... and for the beautiful ending it goes on my 6-star-favs shelf.
Sydney
so sad...and angst! Oh poor Tamrin why you love an asshole like Riley?
Tj
Rylis does make you want to do him bodily harm. I enjoyed the whole story. There is some violence but if you have read other books by this author then that is not unexpected. I thought it was a wonderful story about how Rylis changes and how one can always change. I do wish we had seen a little more from Tamrin's side of things.
Mandy Beyers
Although the themes of this story were fairly dark, the characters felt like people making honest mistakes with each other, even though their decisions were poor and devastating. I really enjoyed the read. I also liked the redemptive theme at the end.
Lipvixen
  • Spoils of War (Spoils of War, #1)
  • Bonds of Hate (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse #1)
  • Cethe
  • Blood Red
  • Bloodraven
  • Concubine
  • Bound (Kria, #2)
  • Pathfinder
  • Hallowed Bond (Chronicles of Ylandre, #2)
  • Sovereign's Gladiator
  • Dark Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Tribute
  • Weregild (Wolf's-own, #2)
  • Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)
  • The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1)
  • Brute
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
Also known as J.C. McGuire.

J.C Owens lives in small town, rural Alberta and is a self confessed writing-a-holic. In the absence of help for this affliction…

I do indeed love to write and have over twenty books sitting idle in my computer, waiting… I love the genre of male/male stories and conflict in what a person thinks they want, versus what they truly need to become themselves. I think any writi
More about J.C. Owens...
Gaven (Gaven, #1) The Emperor's Wolf The Bonding (Gaven, #2) Wings (Wings, #1) Draconian Measures (Gaven, #3)