Start by marking “The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)

The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2)

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  278,470 Ratings  ·  10,718 Reviews
Percy is confused. When he awoke from his long sleep, he didn't know much more than his name. Somehow he has managed to make it to a camp for half-bloods, but it doesn't ring any bells with him. The only thing he can recall from his past is another name: Annabeth.

Hazel is supposed to be dead. When she lived before, she didn't do a very good job out of it. Now, because of a
Paperback, International First Edition, 521 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Neptune, please sign up.

Allegiant by Veronica RothThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica RothInsurgent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Leituras de 2014 - Portugal
421st out of 1,974 books — 256 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateTorment by Lauren KateHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickMatched by Ally CondieBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Hate the Book, Love the Cover
53rd out of 76 books — 77 voters

More lists with this book...

Sasha Alsberg
May 23, 2016 Sasha Alsberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Great book! Slowish start but really picked up in the middle and had an EPIC ending!
Kendall Anne

I need this book. UGH. WHY AM I SO IMPATIENT??? I JUST WAITED FOR MOCKINGJAY AND THE RED PYRAMID AND THE LOST HERO AND THE SON OF NEPTUNE???????? I HATE WAITING!!!!!!! This book is going to be so epic! (i hope!)
Please, PLEASE be good!!! I LOVED Percy Jackson, and it really would be a shame if this book is anything like The Red Pyramid, which I was so excited about and it fell a little short. Hurry up, October!!!!!!! =P
I heard somewhere that this was going to be a FIVE book series like Percy Jac
Zoë
Feb 06, 2016 Zoë rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

This was my least favorite of the Percy Jackson books so far. I think that the story is definitely heading in an interesting direction, but I just wasn't feeling it in this one. It has taken me several tries over the months to even get through it. I thought that, except for Percy, the characters were a little bland and I didn't care as much about the Roman camp and their mythology as much as the Greek. I'm not saying that it was bad, I loved Percy and his sass and all of the jokes, just not
Xolindsayxx18
Oct 08, 2011 Xolindsayxx18 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored this book! SO much better than the Lost Hero. I felt more connected to the characters, and PERCY!!! He was in the book. I was seriously missing him! All of his wit and snarky comments were back, along with a whole bunch of ADORABLE thoughts about Annabeth, as he regains his memory. Definately one of my favorites!! Now I need the MArk of Athena!
Jessica
Oct 04, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-time-fav, own, 2011
Does the title mean we get to hear Percy telling the story again. PLEASE be so!

Edit May 28: PERCY!!!!! *Girl writing this tackles Percy in a hug* I love you! I'm so happy your back! And you remember Annabeth! That's my favorite demigod hero! And already fighting those monsters. You are so much better than Jason! I love you PERCY!!!

Actual Book Review: October 4th

So I had this totally awesome book review, but Goodreads timed out when I tried to save it. Hera or Gaea are being really mean. They don
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Finished doing my re-read of this! I'm trying to go through the whole series before the last book comes out in the fall. I'll write a new review at some point.

Old review under spoiler below.

(view spoiler)
Morgan F
PERCY!!! YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE RIGHT NOW OR GAEA WILL BE THE LEAST OF YOUR PROBLEMS
Joyzi
Apr 01, 2013 Joyzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cutesy Fans of Riordan
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
April 1 2013

Wow! Yay! I finished it! I feel like it has been a long time since I read something fictional(is that the right word?) since I've been really busy with school and stuff and I switched to watching movies instead of reading books to fight stress and boredom at times.

I picked this one up just to go back to my old bookworm self thinking hey it's Percy Jackson it's fun, juvenile, nothing serious I'll definitely finish it and not watch another movie...and yeah I was right. It's still the
Cassandra Lê
Jun 07, 2015 Cassandra Lê rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
8:20 a.m, December, 2010
I haven't read it, but still gave five stars, 'cause I know so.
The Son of Neptune is going to be a big hit.
When it came out, I will buy it and read *out loud* ( maybe <3)

9:34 P.M - May, 26th, 2011
OH mY GOSH... THE COVER HAS CAME OUT.... OH MY!!!

LOL... PERCY HOLDING A CHICKEN STICK...

I can't believe it, okay, I am going to search for chapter 1`

9:53 P.M - May, 26th, 2011 (the time in Asia, not in America)

Is it necessary to put every details about me reading the son
Carol.
Jan 06, 2015 Carol. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mythology fans
After taking a gander at the other reviews, I realize I may have wandered into the wrong part of the playground. I hereby promise to use no hearts or exclamation points when reviewing this book.

Super-quick synopsis: amnesiac demigod Percy is fleeing the Gorgons from Bargain-Mart when he discovers a camp for Roman demigods. He is adopted by misfits Hazel, daughter of Pluto, and Frank, of the unknown father, into their Legion cohort. Camp politics occur, a quest is given, and the three set-off to
Amber Robertson
Jun 04, 2016 Amber Robertson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-re-reads
“There!” Mars finished writing and threw the scroll at Octavian. “A prophecy. You can add it to your books, engrave it on your floor, whatever.”
Octavian read the scroll. “This says, ‘Go to Alaska. Find Thanatos and free him. Come back by sundown on June twenty-fourth or die.’”

The Son of Neptune is the second book in the spin-off series by Rick. The second book focuses on three different characters than the first novel. We finally get Percy, who is suffering from amnesia just as Jason was in the
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I'm so glad Percy is back! Percy and Annabeth reuniting was the highlight of the book for me. Of course (:

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (
Vane J.
I want to say I loved this, but that would be lying. Most of the time I was confused, annoyed, or bored. Those three are not good when combined, trust me.

Instead of following the story with the characters introduced in The Lost Hero, this book takes us to a now amnesiac Percy, who turned out to be wandering alone but now is in the Roman equivalent of Camp Half-Blood: Camp Jupiter. It works in a similar way to Camp Half-Blood, except they worship the Roman "version" of the gods and their games, r
Zanib  Sajjad
Oct 13, 2011 Zanib Sajjad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NEED IT!!!!!!!!!NOW..... *DOES CREEPY LAUGH*

PERCY!!!!!!! Yay he's on the cover! which can only mean it'll be from his p.o.v (oh please oh please!)

...........................................................

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it!

.......................................

well, that was a majer cliff-hanger... how am i supposed to wait till next fall???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kirsten Merritt
UPDATE:

The cover's out. THE. FREAKIN. COVER. IS OUT.

Oh my.

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

IT'S SO AMAZING I COULD EXPLODE!!! And I swear, if any of you call it ugly, I WILL CRUSH YOU LIKE PINATAS. Lol, just kidding. He he.

BUT STILL.

I actually forgot about the book. But now I'm all tortured and impatient all over again.

AGONY.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Okay. I LOVED the first book :D :D :D :D
And now I cant wait for the second book.

OCTOBER 11!!! 5 MORE LOOOOOOOOOOONG MONTHS!!!
*pulls hair due to extreme impatience*
GAHH!
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

“Life is only precious because it ends, kid.”

Whoa, that was interesting read. I am beginning to enjoy these much more than PJ books - probably because of vast variety of characters - and all of them are unique and interesting. And is it just me, or is this series a little bit darker than PJ?

That aside, i really enjoyed it - it was a fast page turner and it had a gripping plot. The start of the book was kind of slow, but it still held my attention. The whole new world i
Namratha
“When Rome fell, a lot of the legions just disappeared. We went underground, acting on secret orders from Jupiter himself: stay alive, recruit demigods and their children, keep Rome going. We’ve been doing that ever since, moving around to wherever Roman influence was the strongest. The last few centuries we have been in America.”

Sounds familiar? It does to Percy Jackson too.

Perseus (Percy) Jackson (superstar demigod /self-effacing hero /North America’s confident answer to Harry Potter) has
Ellie
Jan 30, 2013 Ellie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME BUT IF PERCY AND ANNABETH AREN'T TWO OF THE SEVEN DEMIGODS THEN I WILL WRITE RICK RIORDAN AND YELL AT HIM!!! I KNOW HE ALREADY HAD HIS WHOLE SERIES BUT I DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAARE!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, taking my friend Irene's excellent advice I am now going to review chapter one.

It was WAY too darn short! Too short! But I LOVED the part about the 'comfy panda pillow pet (as seen on TV)." LOL!

Ughhh. The sum
Raeleen Lemay
Sep 13, 2014 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
PERCYYYY. I missed him so much in book 1, but in the process I became really attached to the three new characters we were introduced to. I was really hoping hat they would be in this book, but instead we got a couple MORE new characters (who are also awesome, so no complaints there). A lot of new questions have come up in regards to some of the characters' back stories, so I'm really excited to hop into the next book to find out what's going on!!
Jenny
Apr 07, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5*

Αγαπώ τον Percy Jackson,με αγάπη βαθιά κι αληθινή!!Η σειρά Percy Jackson and the Olympians είναι από τις αγαπημένες μου και η σειρά Heroes of Olympus είναι εξίσου καλή.Εμπλουτισμένη με νέους ήρωες και ενσωματώνοντας και τη ρωμαϊκή μυθολογία,πέρα από την αρχαία ελληνική,μας παρασέρνει σε νέες περιπέτειες.Μου λέιπει η αφήγηση σε α' πρόσωπο από τον Percy,αλλά δεν θα εξυπηρετούσε το ίδιο καλά το σκοπό των βιβλίων της συγκεκριμένης σειράς.

Στο "The Son of Neptune" παρακολουθούμε τον Percy,που έχον
Vivien
Oct 20, 2011 Vivien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EDIT, now that I have the book.
This was amazing. I love how Percy still remembers Annabeth. I won't spoil anything, but I really REALLY hate how Rick Riordan ended it. I turned the page, anticipating what we've all been waiting for, and BAM. Glossary. -___- That killed me.
I thought it was interesting how both Leo and Frank have something to do with fire, and how Piper and Hazel have a 'curse' and had something to do with Gaea rising. Hazel's past was really interesting, with the blackouts and su
Cait (Paper Fury)
So after I adored The Lost Hero, I was entirely weirded out to realise I didn't fall in love with this one. I mean, it was good. It was funny and Riordan-ish (totally a word) and I loveloveloved that Percy is back! But frankly, I was bored. I know, right?! This surprises me too! I had a rocky start with Riordan, but now, with this being my 7th book of his...I'd call myself a solid fan. MY FAITH IS SHAKEN. WHAT IS THIS. (But, yes, I will be reading book 3 ASAP, do not fear.)

So what went wrong?! I
Lindsey Lynn
May 15, 2016 Lindsey Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna *hiatus*
“ "I'm fine!" Percy yelled as he ran by, followed by a giant screaming bloody murder.”

1. Again this book was too long. The PJO books were the perfect size for the story. These have too many descriptions that slow everything down.

2. I like the three main characters in this one overall, a lot more than the ones in The Lost Hero (Except for Leo. He's my favorite right next to Percy and a baby sunshine.).

3. Percy is still awesome and sarcastic. I missed him.

4. Hazel and Frank are both very divers
Laz
Jan 19, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
“Now, come over here so I can pat you down."

"But you don't have-" Percy stopped. "Uh, sure."

He stood next to the armless statue. Terminus conducted a rigorous mental pat down.

"You seem to be clean," Terminus decided. "Do you have anything to declare?"

"Yes," Percy said. "I declare that this is stupid.”

Percy is back. Yes, yes, yes, you heard right. This one is even better than the first book because Percy is in it and we finally get to understand why the heck he's been missing from Camp Half-Blo
Trina (Between Chapters)
Still a few minor irritations with the writing (cheater narration and themes that seem too MG for a YA series), but overall I am LOVING the new quest and characters. I love that we've got the children from different gods, I love the diversity, and I just enjoy seeing this story come together from multiple perspectives! Much, much improved from PJO!
Melisa
This book could have been a 5 star book if the plot wouldn't have been so similair to every other Rick Riordan book. Don't get me wrong. I love Rick Riordan. I love his characters, the world he created and I love his writing style. But I'm starting to get the feeling that he just rewrites his books with different characters.
I didn't enjoy The Lost Hero and this book as much as all of his other books because I didn't enjoy seeing Percy and Annabeth apart. I enjoy reading from the POVs of the new
Morgan Walsh
Dec 21, 2010 Morgan Walsh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a person who lists the Percy Jackson series as one of her top five favorite book series of all time, I really hope that this series, its spin-off, won't disappoint. But you know, people said that you don't have to read the Percy Jackson series before this one... and I completely disagree. Riordan, unfortunately, did not go into much explaining about what had happened in the previous books (neither mentioning Percy's actions nor explaining the gods to the extent that he could have.) And I don' ...more
Lore
I HAS FINNISHED IT!!! *feels awesome*

This book. Man it's epic.

The Plot: Percy Jackson has no idea of his past excect for one name: Annabeth.
Then he arrives at a camp for Demi-gods that seems very unfamiliar.
I'm not going to say much else becuase this book hasn't been out for that long and well I'm not going to ruin it for you.
But I will say HOLY GODS IT WAS AWESOME.
I love Rick Riodan books and this was no exception. It had the works of a Riordan book: Humor. Romance(in that not too obvious w
Natalie
Oct 10, 2011 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i can not WAAAAAIIITT!!
ITS GOING TO BE FREAKING EPIICCC I TELL YOU!
I swear, as soon as it is avalible, even if i have to bike it to the shops, i will buy the book!
WOOOOOO<3
I really hope Percy doesn't fall in love with anyone :( I think i might have to kill him if he did...
I love Annabeth and percy, dont you DAAARREEE tear them apart mr RICK RIORDAN!!!
but yes, i cant wait ;D
I've been occupying myself with reading Vampire Academy and reading fan fic percy jackson stories on the internet all thi
Am I the only one who loves Octavian?! 226 459 Jun 19, 2016 04:52PM
What do you think are the fatal flaws of the 7? 15 169 Jun 10, 2016 08:02AM
Camp Jupiter or Camp Half-blood 24 58 May 25, 2016 07:41AM
Which Greek God/Goddess you hate in the Percy Jackson series? 51 140 Feb 20, 2016 11:02AM
Good Book 2 9 Jan 29, 2016 04:30PM
  • The Council of Mirrors (The Sisters Grimm, #9)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • Behemoth (Leviathan, #2)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4)
  • Mastiff (Beka Cooper, #3)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • The Dragon's Tooth (Ashtown Burials, #1)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)

More about Rick Riordan...

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

“Um...is that thing tame?" Frank said.
The horse whinnied angrily.
"I don't think so," Percy guessed. "He just said, 'I will trample you to death, silly Chinese Canadian baby man'.
2252 likes
“Now, come over here so I can pat you down."
"But you don't have-" Percy stopped. "Uh, sure."
"You seem to be clean," Terminus decided. "Do you have anything to declare?"
"Yes," Percy said. "I declare that this is stupid.”
1482 likes