Start by marking “101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits: A Field Guide” as Want to Read:
101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits: A Field Guide

101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits: A Field Guide

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The ultimate social media field guide for nonprofits--with 101 ways to engage supporters, share your mission, and inspire action using the social web"101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits" features 101 actionable tactics that nonprofits can start using today, and most of the featured resources are free. Broken down into five key areas, this unique guide explains the step ...more
Published February 7th 2012 by Wiley (first published January 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits

Book Finished: June 8th, 2015

Rating: 3.5/5

I skimmed, re-skimmed, and more thoroughly read this book several times over the course of my thesis research. In that perspective, it was fascinating to complete a literature review of what experts said, and then see the similarities and discrepancies of what those in the mental health nonprofit community said about the tactics that work for them. Now that I have my research complete, and was able to read this book again, it was an interesting look at h
If you are totally befuddled by Facebook and Twitter, then this book will help you wrap your brain around the ins-and-outs of social media. As with the entire universe of the internet, some of these techniques will become dated, overplayed or simply not relevant after a few years. However, it's a great jumping off point for learning how to make social media work for your organization instead of simply using it as a means of posting notices about past events.
Justin Dugger
Does what it says on the tin. A lot of advice spread thinly, which can be a plus or a minus. A plus if you want to get started with the staggering variety of social media tools, and a minus if you want to become an expert with one in particular. I was able to pluck out a few gems to put in our team's todo list, and learned a few tricks about Twitter I hadn't noticed.
Kim Dallaire
Super clear unlike other books. Has ideas that could work for non-non-profits too. A really good intro for people who know they want to have an online presence but aren't sure how to go about it.
Gokhan Sekeroglu
Gokhan Sekeroglu is currently reading it
Oct 31, 2015
Moira marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Tony marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Alexandra Kulik
Alexandra Kulik marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Alicia White
Alicia White marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Selena marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Eva Novotná
Eva Novotná marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Rob Weir
Rob Weir marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015