Dearly Beloved (Vampire Assassin League, #3)

Dearly Beloved (Vampire Assassin League #3)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  13 reviews
THE RECLUSE
Dominick Miklos St. Guis is a loner, always has been. Not needing anyone makes him the perfect assassin: A shadow on the fringe. Never seen. Never surprised. But when an assignment for a wealthy businessman goes wrong, he finds something much more…

THE MOTORMOUTH
Courtney Dwyer makes her living opening lines of communication. She's got a plan. All she needs is a...more
Published September 18th 2011

Kimberly
Courtney Dwyer is a talker. She can’t seem to keep her mouth shut at all! Especially around her host…or would you call him her captor. Just who is this mouth watering man?

Dominick Miklos St. Guis has always liked being on his own. He is old fashioned, sexy, rich, assassin, and a vampire. His world is flipped upside down when he encounters Courtney.

Oh my…this book cracked me up! Courtney and her non stop talking is hilarious. I tend to do the same thing when I am nervous. She cracks me up and I w...more
Tiffany
This is the third novella in this series. It is about Dominic, a vampire assassin. He is known for stealth and is a recluse. His mate comes in the form of a (very) talkative girl named Courtney. She was doing a dive somewhere in the Mediterranean when her oxygen gets cut off and she sees a shark. She aims for spear gun and nails it. Before she can make it to land she is captured though. Dominic thinks Courtney is a hunter, but soon learns that she is his mate. She isn’t having any of it. He take...more
Margaret

THE RECLUSE

THE MOTORMOUTH
Courtney Dwyer makes her living opening lines of communication. She’s got a plan. All she needs is a little financial backing. The last thing she’s looking for is a drop-dead gorgeous, silent type…with vampirism tossed in for

Bookie | The BookChick
I wanted to like it...I really did. I read the first book in the Vampire Assassin series, Knight After Night (Vampire Assassin League  ) by Jackie Ivie and experienced the same feeling. The story was trite, mundane, and repetitive...obnoxiously so. All the conversations between Dom and Courtney were circuitous because she would use euphemisms and expressions that he didn't understand. I understand doing it for effect once but the entire book, OH COME ON!

And there was a big thing that just got to me in this book...little editing was done. I picked up more...more
Tracy
What a great, quick story. Courtney will keep you laughing with her constant rambling and Dom will just make you swoon. ;) Loved seeing a reappearance of Stuart and Sasha! Great, fun book!
Kristy
Ok this it the last book I am reading in this series. The only reason I have read 4 of them already is because I bought them all at the same time thinking they sounded like good stories. But they are all very predictable and I find the characters kind of annoying at times. Courtney drove nuts in this story. That girl was dense.
Amy Brantley
I really enjoyed this novella. It was another incredibly sexy romp with lots of action. I loved that characters from the second book made it into this one. I also loved Dominick. He was strong, silent, and a well-developed character. If you love vampires and action, you're going to love Dearly Beloved by Jackie Ivie.
Michele bookloverforever
I found the plot confusing....Not enough time to sufficiently develop this complex plot.
Lorraine Lesar
I am avid follower of Jackie Ivie, especially this series. However, I was so disappointed with this book, none of the humour we come to expect and I just didn't like our heroine. You can read this as a stand alone but I would recommend that you start with book 1.
Helena
Out of the Vampire Assassin League books I've read so far, this is my favourite. The ending was fairly abrupt, but the story was fun and the female lead was strong.
Rita
It was ok. Like number two the best. Was a little irritated with Dom and the talking so much. It ended better. Will check out the last one.
Morgan
Jackie Ivie characters are full of snap and personality. Lots of fun to read.
Lindsay
Nov 22, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/22/2012
Lizette Sasman
Lizette Sasman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Ann Frohoff
Ann Frohoff marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Cecelia
Cecelia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Raquel Vega-Grieder
Raquel Vega-Grieder marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Sarah Murphy
Sarah Murphy marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Lisa Zetouna
Lisa Zetouna marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Moosed Up  (Wild Men of Alaska, #2)
  • Ice Gods
  • Pride & Were (Anything Goes #4)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • Blind Date with a Vampire
  • Hell Kat
  • Cowboys And Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #5)
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Niki Slobodian, #3)
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8)
  • Forbidden Touch
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
  • Border Lord's Bride
  • Dark Fae (Celtic Legacy, #3)
Jackie Ivie was born and raised in a suburb outside Utah's capital, beautiful Salt Lake City. The second in a family of four daughters and one son, Jackie was constantly amusing her siblings with her invented games, escapades, and stories. And she was always reading. She would even walk the family dog, with one hand holding the leash, while the other held the ever-present book. No subject went unr...more
More about Jackie Ivie...
Knight after Night (Vampire Assassin League, #1) Be Still My Heart (Vampire Assassin League, #2) Lady Of The Knight We Are Gathered (Vampire Assassin League, #4) This Man And Woman (Vampire Assassin League, #6)