Start by marking “Monster High: Back and Deader Than Ever” as Want to Read:
Monster High: Back and Deader Than Ever

Monster High: Back and Deader Than Ever (Monster High #4)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,437 ratings  ·  116 reviews
LALA

The RADs are free, and Lala is flashing her fangs with pride. But when Daddy Drac pays her a surprise visit, everything goes batty. Mr. D. thinks the RADs should have their own school, but Lala isn't ready to give up the rights she and her friends have fought so hard for. When she hears about a glamorous contest that awards the winning school mad moola and a starring r
Published May 1st 2012 by Poppy (first published January 1st 2012)

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice DavidsonDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDead to the World by Charlaine HarrisNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillNice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
Humorous Paranormal Books
460th out of 1,016 books — 1,527 voters
Monster High by Lisi HarrisonAirhead by Meg CabotThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenEthereal by Addison MooreBeing Nikki by Meg Cabot
Best Teen Chick-Lit
28th out of 58 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

Antonio
Monster High Four, the final book by Lisi Harrison.

I was shocked to hear her say this was the last book, I remember reading there was going to be six. Indeed, I did some digging and searching and found some interesting facts. The Monster High series will continue with a spin-off, Monster High: Ghoulfriends Forever by Gitty Daneshvari out September, 5 2012. Coming to a total of eight books for now.

A lot of questions still remained at the end of MH4. Yes, a big transaction was made towards the e
Drucilla
Jun 01, 2012 Drucilla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: h
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. I so wanted to give this book three stars, but...oh, well. The structure of this book is odd. The monster school plot doesn't make an appearance until half way through the book and it's supposed to be the main plot. The first half is taken up almost exclusively with Melody and her joining a band. I didn't like Melody in this book. Her character has completely changed from the previous book. (view spoiler) ...more
Marian
Feb 04, 2013 Marian rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
If I could rate this 2.5, I would.

On the one hand, I enjoyed a lot of things in this book. It's just the stuff I didn't like, I really didn't like.

The good:
More Blue! :D It makes me sad that she won't likely get her own book (since the MH books shifted authors and, I imagine, premises) but I'm glad she got to show up some more.

Candace, while only around briefly, was still awesome.

Ghoulia.

I enjoyed peeking into Lala's history with her father. Her Uncle Vlad is a prime example of a little going a
Michelle Tempted By Books
I was a little disappointed with the ending. It seemed to me that many key players didn't learn a lesson. I also thought it was pretty sad that in the end the parents still didn't really trust their kids. Though it was told in an upbeat fashion I still felt like the finale fell flat. I was happy with the end results for LaLa but overall it was a rather Blah ending to a pretty dynamic series.
Manda
I have no idea why I keep reading these.
Soobie's confused
I'm sooo disappointed!!!

The previous Monster High novels were a positive surprise. I had fun reading them, even if I'm probably 15-18 years older than their reading target. The first Monster High was good; the second one was OK because I really dislike Cleo's voice; the third one was really good; this one was probably the weakest one.

I guess that depends on the characters, Melody and Frankie at least. They are not monsters trying to fit in, which was the main point of the other novels, but just
Rosa
Amanda
1 star.
I love the Monster High series and I wish I could say I loved the series finale. But sadly I can't.

Back & Deader than Ever takes place about two months after the end of Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way and, seriously, I disliked it from the first three pages.

It starts off with Billy and Frankie in a clothing shop freely shopping for clothes (for Billy, if you can believe it), not hiding a single monster feature, and even getting complimented on it! Something is wrong with that! Y
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
So the Monster High books are kind of a "guilty pleasure" for me. I know they're kind of "fluffy" literature (not much substance), but I've enjoyed them nonetheless. This one I'm not so sure how I felt about it. I still enjoyed the book, but I didn't really like how the characters behaved. Cleo, who I had gotten to know so much better in the 2nd book, went back to being a super mean girl, and I really didn't like Melody at all in this book. She went from being this average girl next door to a se ...more
Rochel Fernando
I like this book beacuse this story and the movie or the cartoon is so famous and many of the young kids o teenagers like this book "Monster High Back and Deader Than Ever. The author is Lisi Harrison.
The story takes place some time after Clawdeen Wolf's Sassy Sixteen in the last book. And when i check the book in many people like it up and i asked someof my friends in good reads that do they like this book how far have they read the book. And my most of friends like it. Becacuse this book is s
Camille
When I heard this was gonna be the last book in the series, I was excited to see what kind of plot twist Ms. Lisi would be putting. I was actually kinda disappointed. In my opinion, the story could have gone without those plot lines. They were opened but never closed.
WARNING: Spoilers ahead.

(view spoiler)
Katie Valenti
Lisi Harrison does not disappoint in the fourth book of the Monster High series. I like that she adds some new characters and has the old characters expanding their personalities.

My only problem is that, like her previous book, there are editorial type problems. For example, in one chapter, Frankie is unsure why Cleo is at the ballot box. The next chapter she's upset that Cleo stuffed the ballots as revenge and made Frankie win (which i don't get how that's revenge, but whatever). I was like "w
Monica Sousa
Book Critece
Book Critiue (December)
Monica Sousa 6

In the fourth book of the “Monster High Series” , Back Deader than Ever by Lisa Harrison, comes back with Frankie Stein and Melody Carver dealing with yet again another situation, a new High School. After Frankie and her friend work hard to be accepted into society as monsters , the Board of Monsters want to put them in new schools for monsters only. Frankie and her friend must find a way to stay at merston high after all there hard work.
Severa
Celia
Hace años(cuando salieron) me leí los tres anteriores, y cuando vi este en la biblioteca, decidí que tenía ganas de terminar la saga, ya que se supone que este es el último.
Puede que haya sido por la edad, o porque normalmente los últimos suelen ser los más flojillos, pero el cuarto libro de Monster High no me ha terminado de gustar. A ver, es un libro entretenido, pero no tanto como recordaba los tres anteriores.
Me han faltado sentimientos. Me ha faltado saber más de los personajes, por qué ha
Brina Williams
Flor Nsf
As the final book to this series, this book let me down.
let's make a list. things i liked, and thing i didnt like.
(warning: i started writing it as a rview, and it soon changed to kind of a rant..)

THINGS I LIKED:
-i loved reading one more time about the characters in this series

-it's always great to go for a simple light fun read

THINGS I DIDNT LIKE:

-i liked the first book, with only melody's and frankie's POV and the intrigue of whats to come when it finishes and they meet and finally the two sto
Krys

I picked up the fourth Monster High book, Back an Deader than Ever, because I needed a familiar, silly, quick read. Lisi Harrison books always hit the spot for that reason alone. However, this one was my least favourite in the series thus far. I don't know why but I just got bored. Maybe I'm over it, finally.

In this addition to the series The RAD (Regular Attribute Dodger) community has found their freedom within the world. They have come out and told the Normies that they are the sons and daugh
Elii Vela
Yel: 4/5
Itzel: 3/5
Promedio: 3.5

No estoy segura sobre lo que sucedió con este libro. Honestamente deja mucho que desear.

-Frankie sigue siendo tan molesta como siempre pero la soporté como he hecho a lo largo de los libros anteriores. Creo que la autora tuvo un claro problema al definirla porque, su "alucinante" del primer libro, se perdió a lo largo de camino y nos quedamos con una Frankie que termina siendo una protagonista cualquiera, de un libro cualquiera.

-Lala era uno de mis personajes fav
XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
Jun 05, 2014 XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like the Monster High series
Recommended to XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL by: Goodreads.com, public library
Maddey Vaughn
Okay,this book needs major help. It took me so long to get thrugh this book because I couldn't stay enterested for more than a chapter and a half. or less.

The Frankie Chapters:
What? Seriously? That's what you're going to go with? Are you three? What the hell just happened?
I asked myself AT LEAST two ofthese questions for every Frankie chapter.
Her ideas of "Fashion" made me sick. She is SUCH A STERIOTYPE. It was a litteral pain to read the Frankie chapters. They were to...what's the word?...annoy
Holly Letson
Some books seem to drag on forever. Maybe that, because you cannot get into the style of writing. Or, maybe, it's because you don't give them the proper time and chance that it takes for you to realize that they do indeed get better. As for this book, I gave it many chances, not getting much into it, but that was not enough for me to give it up. And, thank the Goddesses that I didn't.

Monster High #4 does indeed start out slow, but stick around. A little over halfway through, it starts getting be
Ruby
This book wasn’t as good as the first three books in the series, in my opinion. While I still enjoyed it enough to root for Frankie and Draculaura, I found myself disliking characters that I used to like (namely Melody, Jackson, Cleo, Billy, and Deuce). Frankie, the “new and improved fashion-ista” was a bit wallflowery and looks-oriented for my taste. But, I still kept hoping that she would act like her old self…and in the end, her actions when she found out that she was duped, didn’t disappoint ...more
Judy
The Good:
It's totally weird that I like Cleo de Nile because she's completely self-absorbed and selfish but I do. I don't know I feel like deep down she's really insecure and that really makes me feel for her.
I really liked Lala's dynamic with her father, I think that was a nice touch to the story however the book focus WAY too little on her, even though she's supposed to be the main character really.

The Bad:
Okay what happened to Frankie? She acted completely superficial and selfish for the m
Yazmin Duran
Los RAD por fin son libres, ya no tienen que ocultarse, pero gracias a esa gran libertad, el padre de Lala, el señor D., quiere abrir un colegio exclusivamente para los RAD, pero nadie está de acuerdo y harán hasta lo imposible para que el papá de Lala cambie de opinión.

En este libro la protagonista es Draculaura, o mejor conocida como Lala, y me encanta que sea así, por que por fin sabemos algunos secretos de Lala, por ejemplo, en como se convirtió en vampiro, para mi si fue una gran sorpresa.

Morgan Burch
WHILE READING(dont want it to end....stops reading.....dont want it to end......stops reading....)LoL. It went like that for the whole reading. Every time I finish a book i ask my self, what did i take away from this book? I took away life,releationship,and loving your self lessons. As a book i give it 5 stars and as a series i give it 4.999999 out of 5 stars it was that good as a whole. READ THIS BOOk lol its a good ending to the series.

Things that left me wanting more was: Having old caracters
Michelle
Young fans of the Monster High series will rejoice at the release of its latest novel in the series. This fourth novel, Back and Deader Than Ever, focuses on everyone's favorite vegetarian vampires, Draculara, known to her friends as Lala. With the unexpected and hulking presence of her father, she finds herself thrust into a very unwelcome spotlight as she searches for some way to garner his attention and affection. While she's trying to do that, Frankie is looking to find her place in this new ...more
Pam
The RADs and normies are learning to live side by side. They can go out in public now without worry for their lives. Everything should be perfect now but it is not. Draculaura's (Lala) daddy is back in town and wants the RAD's to have their own school away from the normies. It is up to Lala to prove to him she can do things right and that they need to stay with their normal friends. While this is going on Frankie and the others get in a huge competition of who is the best couple. Friends are aga ...more
IzamaRi H. Fabela
Monster, Monster High, Monster High… okey, ¡basta!
Creo que ya les había dicho que esta saga por un extraño motivo me gusta mucho, supongo que si estos libros hubiesen existido cuando era niña hubiese sido la niña más feliz y más extraña del mundo. Pero bueno, este, de todos los libros ha sido el menos me ha gustado u.u

Ojo, no estoy diciendo que sea malo pero es el que más dudas me ha dejado. Primero, ¿Qué pasa con Melody y su mamá? Pensé que después del libro anterior donde vemos poquito a su má
Erickold
Aquellos monstruos jóvenes que conocimos en el primer título de la serie Monster High han cambiado hasta este punto. Han conseguido uno de los movimientos más repentinos pero observados de su sociedad, el que los normis acepten a los RAD como personas normales, pues después de todo sólo tienen algunos rasgos diferentes y en general pertenecen a diferentes razas que piensan, sienten y son absolutamente capaces de mezclarse entre sí.
Pero a pesar de lo que a muchos nos gustaría ver, esta es una h
Katja
Dette er det officielt sidste bind i historien om Monster High. Der ér flere bøger, men de på en viderekørende serie, som også er dén der ligger bund for tv-tegnefilmen af samme navn. Efter at have læst dette fjerde bind, undrer det mig at Lisi Harrison ikke bestemte sig for at lave fem. Det havde givet mere mening.

Tilbage og mere død end nogensinde er ligesom sine forgængere en sød historie for de lidt yngre. Jeg kan stadig godt lide forfatterens sprog, og de forskellige monstre er virkelig god
  • Monster High Drop Dead Diary
  • Ghoulfriends Forever (Ghoulfriends, #1)
  • Monster High: Ghoul Spirit: A Monster High Doodle Book
  • The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #6)
  • Dear Dumb Diary Year Two #2: The Super-Nice Are Super-Annoying  (Dear Dumb Diary, #14)
  • Fangtabulous (Vamped, #4)
  • Now You See Me ... (Poison Apple #4)
  • Dead is a Battlefield (Dead Is, #6)
  • Flying Solo (My Sister the Vampire, #11)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Midnight Howl (Poison Apple #5)
  • I So Don't Do Famous
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania, #3)
  • Her Evil Twin (Poison Apple #6)
  • The Infinite Sea (The Chaos Chronicles, #3)
  • Zakázaná přitažlivost
Lisi Harrison is the author of the #1 New York Times best-selling series "The Clique". Lisi was born in Canada, and lived in NYC for a while at MTV. She now lives in Laguna Beach, CA.

More about Lisi Harrison...

Monster High (4 books)
  • Monster High (Monster High, #1)
  • Monster High: The Ghoul Next Door
  • Monster High: Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
The Clique (The Clique, #1) Best Friends for Never (The Clique, #2) Invasion of the Boy Snatchers (The Clique, #4) Revenge of the Wannabes (The Clique, #3) The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (The Clique, #5)