Start by marking “The Last Princess (Last Princess, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Princess (Last Princess, #1)

The Last Princess (Last Princess #1)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,326 Ratings  ·  598 Reviews
A series of natural disasters has decimated the earth. Cut off from the rest of the world, England is a dark place. The sun rarely shines, food is scarce, and groups of criminals roam the woods, searching for prey. The people are growing restless. When a ruthless revolutionary sets out to overthrow the crown, he makes the royal family his first target. Blood is shed in Buc ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about The Last Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Princess

Cinder by Marissa MeyerThe Selection by Kiera CassUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiEverneath by Brodi AshtonThrone of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
2012 Debut Authors (Young Adult & Middle Grade)
70th out of 1,017 books — 6,383 voters
Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsA Million Suns by Beth RevisEverneath by Brodi AshtonInsurgent by Veronica RothThe Selection by Kiera Cass
Amazing YA Covers of 2012
149th out of 740 books — 2,395 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Sep 25, 2012 Kat (Lost in Neverland) marked it as couldn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome-cover
description

You know that moment, when you're reading a book, and an adorable little animal comes into the story, like a cat or dog?
You know, like this?

description

Awww, look at the little kitty!

And then, a couple pages later, the author is like;

And then you're like;

description

Yes indeed, my friends, The Last Princess is an example of those many many books where THE ANIMAL THAT IS RANDOMLY ADDED TO THE STORY JUST TO BE KILLED OFF.

And that is why I'm not finishing this story after two animals were unnecessarily killed off. (The
Mimi Valentine
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

When you look at this book, you think of a dark, dreary, and dangerous dystopian set in a ruined London. And while it is a dystopian set in England and can be very dark at times, it's also so much more enjoyable and lighter than I expected!

You don't have to worry about being bored with this book — The Last Princess is fast-paced and engaging from beginning to end! But sometimes it's a little too fast that it skims over details and shies away from world-building, leaving
April
Jun 12, 2012 April rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya, dystopian, netgalley
Friends, my honest opinion of The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze is that it was a god awful book. On the upside, it is a super quick read — only taking a few hours to get through. However, this dystopian debut did not work for me despite how quickly I zoomed through it.

You can read the rest of my review here
Inés Izal
Feb 25, 2016 Inés Izal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Me ha sorprendido bastante.
Tiene el típico argumento de las películas de los domingos de sobremesa, con algún aspecto predecible, pero con un toque tétrico y tenebroso que le da originalidad.
Es la primera distopia cruda que leo, y aquí la autora no se ha cortado un pelo con las descripciones sobre las matanzas, y demás cosas trágicas. Cojea y mucho la parte romántica (Yo la habría quitado, porque no aporta nada).
Se lee de forma muy ágil y está narrado en capítulos cortos que te incitan a seguir
Nafiza
May 08, 2012 Nafiza rated it did not like it
This is going to be crazily difficult to write because, as I have said before and will reiterate again, I dislike writing negative reviews. However, I cannot compromise my integrity so here’s the thing, I found it impossible to like The Last Princess and I will list the reasons in the next few paragraphs.

The holes in the logic made it very difficult for me to continue reading the novel without pausing to wonder about what was happening in the narrative. For instance, in the very beginning of the
Mitch
May 14, 2012 Mitch rated it did not like it
I guess with the glut of dystopian recently thanks to the success of that one, eventually one book would emerge crammed with every single common dystopian trope that's ever been thought of, in an action packed mess that defies almost all logic. Well, look no further than The Last Princess. Unexplained global catastrophe that destroys modern society? Check. Wandering cannibals and other post-apocalyptic dangers? Check. Some sort of power hungry villain whose motives are entirely unexplained? Chec ...more
Katy
May 10, 2012 Katy rated it it was ok
2.5 stars - I love just about all dystopian, so this book didn't need a lot to please me. I liked the story, and it was fast-paced and full of action. BUT I felt the book was really rushed, and because of that, I felt it lacked in so much.

I felt everything happened TOO quickly, and the book just skimmed over a scene before jumping to the next. First of all, I didn't get a good idea of what the setting, and the basic description was so vague that I had a hard time determining what the characters
Ruby
This review was first posted on http://rubysreads.com.

I don’t know about you, but I’m a total Anglophile. I mean, I’m not ready to start drinking my beer at room-temperature or anything, but a reference to Mother England on a dust-jacket always earns a second look from me. You could write a book about fluffy bunny zombies–which, let’s face it, is no one’s favorite genre–but if the backcover blurb mentions how the Fluffy Bunny Zombies invade the Houses of Parliament, I won’t immediately reject it
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
4 Stars

THE LAST PRINCESS was a brilliant, and spellbinding adventure, that had murder, chaos, and destruction, all twisted around layers of hope, survival, and determination!! It was beautifully done, with addicting characters, and world building that kept me entertained for hours!!

THE LAST PRINCESS was a highly entertaining story, with compelling characters, addicting world that was filled with dangerous situations, tragic events, a deadly dictator, and a forced army that was willing to do th
Tonyalee
See this review and more on my blog, Lilybloombooks

The Last Princess caught my eye whilebrowsing audio books to borrow from the library and kept going back to it. It's relatively short, but since I am all for short audio books, I went ahead and downloaded.

The Last Princess had a lot going for it - and a lot to offer. It has a dystopian setting, rebels, war, royalty, strong family bonds and a romance. Not to mention just how bloody gruesome it was.

Eliza really made this book for me. She has a lot
Beáta
May 17, 2015 Beáta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: da-best
toto nebude mať pokračovanie? to akože vážne? niektoré blbosti majú aj milión pokračovaní a toto nič? tseeee
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
A finished copy was provided by the publisher for review.

Wonderful start to this series! I’m saying series because I’m not sure of it’s a trilogy. Holy!! Ever since Eliza’s parents are murdered by Hollister, and her two siblings are kidnapped, her life changes in a blink of an eye. She seeks revenge on the man who committed her family to such despair and I only wished she had more training so she could be a soldier. First, she’s in deep with the enemy camp, and manages to find some humanity with
Caitlings
I really LOVED the idea of this book. Like just LOVED. And I enjoyed each of the characters and the whole set up of the situation.

But the book just rushed through everything. I wanted it to take it's time and let us see and feel how things were changing. It was very much a tell instead of show book. Went by much too fast.

Originally whatchYAreading.net:

Unfortunately I was mostly disappointed. Sigh.

The book had the potential to be all that I was hoping it to be. The prose was decent, the charact
Ashelynn
Jul 24, 2012 Ashelynn rated it did not like it
I just want to let you know that when I realized I wasn’t going to enjoy The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze, I let the Snarky One free and well, she had a lot to say about this freaking awful book. But I DID attempt to enjoy it; the first sixty pages made me turn into a cranky old witch.

Right from the beginning it was horrible and not realistic—if you were royal, would you accept food from a stranger? Even if you WEREN’T royal, would you accept food from a stranger? No no no no. NO.

The entire nov
Nancy
May 09, 2012 Nancy rated it it was ok
Regretfully, I am writing a review for this book and it's not going to be happy.

First, a positive note. The story moves quickly and it is an easy read. There is nonstop action and little useless reflection that is all too common in young adult fiction. The story moves from the first page and doesn't stop until the very end.

The first problem I had with the story is the transitions. Although it moves quickly, I missed the transition from pretty princess to hardened and embittered soldier. Princes
Jessica
Apr 04, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-novels
I actually liked this book. It was a quick, fast paced read. I loved the premise of the story: a dictator trying to overthrow the British throne in a post-apocalyptic world. I was slightly reminded of the movie, V for Vendetta. I also loved the references to British culture (Princess Diana, Princess Kate, Paddington bear, Peter Rabbit). This wasn't the best book ever, but I did enjoy it.
Alejandra Carstairs
Me gusto mucho la idea del libro, creo que es una historia muy buena aunque me hubiese gustao que profundizará un poco mas en cada personaje principal ya que pasa todo muy rapido :D. pero lo recomiendo bastante para aquellos que les gustan los mundos distopicos.
Lindsay Cummings
Feb 12, 2012 Lindsay Cummings rated it really liked it
This is just a fun read! I really enjoyed it, and I also loved the freaky futuristic London!
Nia
Oct 08, 2013 Nia rated it it was amazing
Omigosh! This book is so great!!
Lulufrances
Sep 02, 2015 Lulufrances rated it it was ok
What a mess.
I never had high hopes for this but I did have some hopes...
But no.
I do love my dystopians, but come on, what even was this?!
Published in 2012 and obviously riding on the dystopia-craze (uhh, unintended pun, the irony!), this features LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE dystopia-trait.
(Okay, let's be fair, there wasn't a lovetriangle and also no underground chase going on, but hey...)

I never used to be someone to complain about a few plot holes or a bit of illogical stuff going on, but this was s
Aideeeee
Jun 04, 2014 Aideeeee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance + Acción
No es la gran cosa, pero me gustó.

En una Inglaterra del futuro y después de una serie de catástrofes climáticas, la familia real se ha visto perseguida por un grupo de rebeldes que buscan acabar con la monarquía. Eliza es la segunda hija del rey y mientras ve a su familia desmoronarse, emprende una aventura para rescatar lo poco que queda de su familia y en el camino restaurar desde los escombros a su desesperanzada nación... ya, vale, también puede que caiga enamorada de alguien prohibido.

Es un
Books
Nov 25, 2013 Books rated it really liked it
I’m tired of dystopian novels but it seems I went through a phase where I accumulated post-apocalyptic books like nobody’s business, and now I’m stuck with it and have to read them all. Luckily for me this turned out to be a surprisingly good book.

The Characters:

I didn’t really connect with any of the characters, because there wasn’t much opportunity to really get to know any of them, other than making the distinction of which characters fought on which side of the battle lines. The good guys we
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
Aug 06, 2014 Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥ rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of YA/dystopian/romance
This is probably worthy of a 3.5/5. Its hard to categorize a genre. Its not really a dystopian because the alternate government never got full control, and had no hope of ever being disguised as utopian. And its not really post-apocalyptic either since after the world-wide disaster the monarchy was still in power and civilization didnt fall. But still, I guess it was close enough.

So, Eliza, the last princess, was one kick-ass chick. I really liked her, how hard she fought, how far she went for h
PrincyJessie
Jan 08, 2015 PrincyJessie rated it it was amazing
Comments: Is Anyone done with the heroes always sticking around now its time for heroines!! And this book blew my mind my heartbeat is up and down so crazily while reading this.
PLOT = Her kingdom has been destroyed and she watched her family gets killed in front of her, she only wants revenge but then she met someone that give her hope once again.
Characters = ELiza = she is the main character in this story and this girl is one of the best heroine I ever read, she is not strong at first but at t
Kayla Edwards
Dec 08, 2015 Kayla Edwards rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this really unique dystopian novel based on the British monarchy. It was action-packed, kept my attention, and even threw in a little romance. I was pulling for Eliza and really got caught up in her struggle. I appreciated the fact that the author did not conveniently allow our heroine to escape unscathed. It makes the story more real and believable. My only problem with the novel was the ending. (view spoiler) ...more
Marika
Feb 02, 2012 Marika rated it did not like it
Galaxy Craze's new YA is set, like many YA these days, in a dystopian future. England is barren, food is short, the land is barren, oil has run out, and violence is imminent. But instead of focusing on some poor guttersnipe, Craze's protagonist is no one less than a princess, Princess Eliza Windsor. When the Tudor army, a faction of anti-royalists and discontents storm the palace, Eliza's father is killed and her siblings captured. Only Eliza manages to escape into the terrifying streets of Lond ...more
Marie
3.5 Stars.

This started off shocking and ended shockingly.

I felt sorry for Eliza from start to end. She lost so much and Wesley was the only stranger to show her any kindness.
I found it awesome who he was when it was all revealed and the only smile I managed was for poor little Jamie.

This book starts of very fast paced and it pretty much stays that way.
This book was quite sad and traumatic. There was never any happiness only in fond memories.

It's kinda put me on a downer but the ending was t
Booknut
Wow. Just wow.

The Last Princess is - as you can most like infer from the title - the Last Princess...of England. Yep, years on from Diana and our very own Princess Kate, the royal family are stuck in a similar situation to the Romanovs and Marie Antoinette and her husband Louis. The people want change, and they believe that the easiest way to do that is to go psycho, burn down villages, kill puppies and also kill off the royal family one by one.

And this is the story of the Last Princess, who tak
Didi (SilentStorm)
Puedo dar por finalizadas mis lecturas de este año con este libro. Y no me arrepiento de haber leído este ejemplar el último. A pesar de las innumerables críticas y reseñas negativas, le quise dar una oportunidad por: 1. Esa portada. (Sí, lo sé, soy muy superficial para estas cosas) y 2. Esa sinopsis. (A mí me ponen una cortita con el típico enganche dramático y me tienen ganada)
Si bien es cierto que tiene algunos fallos en cuanto a cohesión de la historia, yo puntúo según lo que a mí me ha gust
Natalia
Empecé este libro por la portada. La verdad es que me enamoró la combinación título y portada.

Libro futurista donde la historia ocurre en Inglaterra. La protagonista es la princesa Eliza y viven en un mundo semidestruido por algo de los "Diecisiete Días" que sigo sin saber que es.

Los acontecimientos son previsibles la mayoría y más cuando por ejemplo Eliza quiere matar al hombre que mató a sus padres justo por la mitad del libro. Lo siento pero sabes de sobras que ahí no lo mata seguro.

Mi opinió
  • The Lost Code (The Atlanteans, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (The Lost Souls, #1)
  • Shadows Cast By Stars
  • Cybernetic
  • Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1)
  • Above
  • Ashes of Twilight (Ashes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Glimpse (The Glimpse, #1)
  • Struck (Struck, #1)
  • Revived
  • Katana (Katana, #1)
  • When the Sea Is Rising Red (Hobverse #1)
  • Elemental (Auri, #1)
  • Survive
  • The Other Life (The Other Life, #1)
  • Glitch (Glitch, #1)
  • Destiny's Fire (Kythan Guardians)
  • Neva
Galaxy Craze (born 1972 in London, England) is an actress and writer. She moved to the U.S. with her mother in 1980 and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY. She appeared in a few independent films in the late 1990s, and wrote a novel, By the Shore, published in 1999. She is a 1993 graduate of Barnard College.

Craze told an interviewer that she "didn't say I wanted to be a writer, I just knew that's wha
More about Galaxy Craze...

Last Princess (2 books)
  • Invasion (Last Princess, #2)

“A small cup of the deceivingly cheerful cherry-red syrup” 6 likes
“I am very sorry, sir, but I cannot give you the Windsor crown,” Rita said calmly. “I do not have it, and even if I did, it is not mine to give away.”
“I don’t know if you heard me correctly,” the sergeant repeated, his words falling like bricks. “I said, hand it over.”
Rita smiled serenely and stood, holding her thin hands clasped in front of her. Nora glanced up at her, a worried look in her eyes.
“Quite possibly it was you who did not understand my reply. I said, I am very sorry, but I am afraid I cannot give you the crown. But I can offer you a nice cup of tea, and I just baked a batch of cheddar scones.”
A muffled snicker went through the room. I could even see Wesley, who stood by the door, trying not to smile.”
0 likes