Start by marking “Sweet Irish Kiss (1 Night Stand, #39)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Irish Kiss (1 Night Stand, #39)

Sweet Irish Kiss (Irish Kisses #1)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  36 reviews
ARe Bestseller
BookStrand Bestseller
Amazon Bestseller
Shaun Bell, a divorced workaholic, spends all his time tending bar in his Irish Pub. He's ready to love again, but the women who visit his bar are only after his infamous Irish cocktails. At the advice of his darts team over a tanker or two of Beamish, he applies to 1Night Stand to get back into the swing of things and en
Published September 20th 2011 by Decadent Publishing Company, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Irish Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Irish Kiss

Ollie
I love the 1 Night Stand Series as they never fail to deliver some hot, intense, steamy scenes that will have your quivering for your own release.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book because not only are they described as warm and likable, but they show their flaws, fears and weaknesses and try to how put their faith in someone else to make them feel complete.

Now Shaun sounds like one sexy beast and the most adorable thing about him is he does not see himself that way and thinks that he
Katrina
Firstly the cover is as hawt as whats inside !!! SMOKIN !!

In Sweet Irish Kiss we meet Shaun and Rachel who both have slightly damaged souls. Love not being the ideal medium, they have both decided to enlist in 1 Night Stand. An agency who helps to fulfil your wants with no strings attached - or if your looking for a little bit of lovin ! or even maybe love ?

A night to enjoy, fulfill fantasies and move on, hopefully opening barriers they have both put up. But where does a night filled with pass
BecksBookPicks
If your in the mood for something spicy with an exotic man, then this is just what your looking for. Its a nice short read that will leave you flipping the pages the whole times. Shaun and Rachel decide that they each need a night of passion with someone they will never see again. So they turn to a service called 1Night Stand to set everything up. Shaun is the first to arrive to the hotel and prepares himself for Rachel to arrive. When she is late, he worries she won't come. Of course she does.

I
Siren's Song
Overall, I enjoyed the storyline and characters. It took a few paragraphs for me to adjust my reading to the wonderful Irish accent that Shaun has. It was not too bad but a bit frustrating in the beginning because I had to reread a few lines to get the meaning.

I enjoyed that the author introduced us to each main character in their work settings and then moved into their tryst. It was pleasant to get to know their backgrounds and a bit about them first.

The scene in which they meet made me laugh
Jessica Subject
This is yet another book I HAD to buy after reading excerpts on Six Sentence Sunday.

When Madame Evangeline pairs up Shaun Bell, a divorcee who spends all of his time at the bar he owns, and Rachel Taylor, a jaded woman with major trust issues, I wasn't sure how that would work out. And yet Madame Eve seems to know what shes doing.

The couple had instant chemistry, making for some very steamy scenes. But I still worried whether these characters would get their happily ever after.

These characters
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
JoAnne Kenrick, you certainly brought sexy back to that Sweet Irish Kiss! Normally, I would put little snippets of a summary in my thoughts, but the description says it best. The cover is gorgeous and instantly drew my attention. The words, on my Kindle, kept me glued to this sexy 1Night Stand edition. The chemistry between the characters is definitely hot. Rachel has sass, yet you can tell under it there is a vulnerable side. While Shaun, can serve me a drink anytime with his handsome, shy self ...more
Willa Edwards
Very cute story. I liked the characters and the setting. The Irish and British setting and slang was great. And the sex was very hot.The only part I didn't like about the story was the length. I would have liked more development of the characters and their relationship, which really couldn't be done in only 35 pages. Otherwise it was a great read.
Casea Major
Fun, sexy read with strong character voices.

Rachel and Shaun are deliciously awkward in their meeting and the sexual tension builds beautifully to the end. This is a fun read at bedtime -- make sure your SO is within reach it is stimulating.

Amanda Felts
What an awful, cringeworthy read. I liked Shaun well enough, but Rachel was awful. The epitome of daddy issues, which begs the question, how the hell did she know who her daddy was fucking?? Unless she walked in on him with another woman, her mum shouldn't be telling her that her dad's a whore. She goes to her date and is almost instantaneously a rude bitch. To compensate, she jumps his bones, which seemed more desperate than sexy. These two had no chemistry, and Rachel's dirty/sexy talk was cri ...more
Liz Crowe
a truly romantic short story, well written with great, believable dialogue. a lot of fun!
Taryn Kincaid
Fast, fun, sexy read! Only 3 pm here, but I'm soooooo ready for a Sweet Irish Kiss!
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Such a hot little in between short story. Loved Shaun and his hot Irish accent. Yummy!!
Trea
This was a very solid 3.5 star read for me. It was a short story with a hook-up that turned into a relationship. It's built around the 1NightStand dating agency, and while this is part of that larger series, it is a sub-series in itself. I was able to follow the story without having read all the books in the 1NightStand series, but would have enjoyed a little more background on the agency in this story. Both of the characters seemed realistic, and the bar scene was beautifully described so that ...more
Tanya
Crap, I just realized I never rated this here...

I downloaded this for a quick lunch time read, figuring it would be a cute, sexy story.
(head desk)

It's a mess, a red hot mess.

We're supposed to believe that Shaun is this nice guy trying to get over his ex wife, testing the waters of dating before jumping in the pool.

And Rachel is trying to work through her trust issues with men. Her Daddy was a philanderer. And they've joined this dating service for one night stands.
Ok, sure, why not? I've enjoyed
Kelly
I went into this book looking for something light and sexy. I can't say I was disappointed in that regard but at the same time I also can't say that I ever connected with the characters. I get that these books are supposed to be about a quick hookup that turns into something more but these two had a shitload of baggage to get over and I'm not convinced that anyone would toss years of issues out the window with someone they didn't know AT ALL. Especially when said issues have emotionally and soci ...more
Anna
This is a short story about a gorgeous and charming man, who has not time to date, and a gorgeous woman who has commitment issues, that meet through a web for having nightstands.

I couldn't connect with either of them, specially with Rachel who goes from shy and rude because of her nerves to a sex bombshell who can’t wait to have sex in about ten minutes. So when they just jump to have inhibited sex, it didn’t feel right. Maybe the problem is that the story is too short to build this kind of conn
Melissa
Sweet Irish Kiss was the first book in the One Night Stand series that I had read even though it's (I think) number 70. There are a lot of these and they are all very short. Which is my gripe. Because it was good - but short, very short. And I have a love-hate relationship with short stories and novellas. It's not that I don't like them - I do! But I always want more!! So in a nutshell that's my review of Sweet Irish Kiss - it's good, I liked the characters (cuz who doesn't want a hot, Irish bar ...more
Rebecca Whaley
It was OK. Rather short and didn't really peak my interest. No real depth.
Lisa Adams
Just finished reading this one, and can't wait to dive in to her second Irish Kisses book. The writing was fantastic! I was involved in the characters almost immediately and the sex was well written. With two quick sex scenes and a well-written back door play scene, this book is passionate and provocative. Definitely a must read and short enough to be able to read in anyone's lunch hour.
Suze
Another in the 1NightStand short reads series. Somewhere between 2.5 and 3 for me.
Shaun and Rachel are set up together - both with trust issues (shaun from his ex-wife; Rachel from her cheating father).
They do have their one night stand, though the dialogue didn't gel for me, especially Rachel's. The situation was a good one but something just didn't spark for me with this read.
Katherine O'Grady
I've enjoyed a few other in the 1 Night Stand* series. This was not one of them. The concept was sweet and had good potential. The execution was clunky, too much Irish idioms in the hero's dialogue (the Irish version of too many "ach" and "aye lassie").

*While I'm complaining: Oh how that spelling bothers me. It should be "One Night Stand".
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Things get heated when Shauna and Rachel meet for the first time on their one night stand. Apperantly they both think that this date can get their issues resolved. But after its over will they see each other again? And will their be acwaedness between them? Will it truely be happily ever after for Shauna and Rachel?
Melissa
So so short so it is hard to pack enough in it but it was a pleasant enough read. I would have liked it to be a smidge longer but it was a good read. No pun intended.

And now I want to try that drink!!!
R.E. Butler
Part of the 1NightStand Series, JoAnne brings an overworked bar owner and an untrusting young woman together and boy do the fireworks show up! Very sweet, a little humor, and a great ending.
Shannon
I do love an Irishman; and this short read didn't disappoint. I couldn't give it five stars because it was a little too short for me. While some of the sex isn't for me, it was a hot read.
Tamara
Good story, though I had a little trouble with the overly Irish and English dialogue, hard for this lowly American to follow.
Christine
Hot- makes me want to be Irish and wear green! Rachel and Shaun had one heck of a night. Kuddos to Devlin for providing props ;-)
Michelle
I do love the Irish accent and it came across perfectly in this hot little story from JoAnne. She never disappoints!
  • Cinderella Wore Combat Boots (1Night Stand, #31)
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Night Mission (1Night Stand, #19)
  • To Feel Again (1Night Stand, #1)
  • Wet Dream (1Night Stand, #24)
  • Strawberry Kisses (1Night Stand, #29)
  • Turkish Delights (1Night Stand, #54; Turkish Delights, #1)
  • Bear It All (1Night Stand, #25)
  • I'll Be Mated for Christmas (1Night Stand, #65)
  • Celestial Seduction (1Night Stand, #17)
  • Amber Moon (1Night Stand, #23; Prides of the Moon, #1)
  • Ghost of a Chance (1Night Stand, #45)
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1; 1Night Stand, #99)
  • Fairy Casanova (1Night Stand, #7)
  • Erotic Healing (1Night Stand, #3)
  • Night with a Dom (1Night Stand, #96)

Irish Kisses (5 books)
  • Shamrocked, (Irish Kisses #2)
  • Threesome Sweetness (Irish Kisses, #3)
  • Hot Winter Kiss (Irish Kisses, #4)
  • Marry Me, I'm Irish (Irish Kisses, #5)
When a Mullo Loves a Woman Dracula's Kiss (1Night Stand, #48) Outback Dirty (Calendar Men, #1) Marry Me, I'm Irish (Irish Kisses, #5) Shamrocked, (Irish Kisses #2)

“You’ll win her with ya Irish charm and green eyes, so ya will. Now drink up ya coffee and stop whining like a baby. This girl’s gonna have a fantastic night tomorrow. She’s gonna worship da ground ya c**k drags on.” 1 likes
“My, you do like to dominate” 1 likes