Start by marking “The Kid Who Became President” as Want to Read:
The Kid Who Became President

The Kid Who Became President (The Kid Who Ran for President #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  683 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Judson Moon returns as the President of the United States in this hilarious sequel to THE KID WHO RAN FOR PRESIDENT -- updated just in time for the 2012 election!

My fellow Americans,

When I was running for President, I said you should vote for me because I didn't know anything about politics . . . or how to raise taxes . . . or how to ruin the economy. I didn't know how to
Published June 1st 2012 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Kid Who Became President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kid Who Became President

hpboy13
For all this book’s merits, it shouldn’t exist. The Kid Who Ran For President (henceforth, “Book 1”) had such a perfect ending, with Moon refusing the Presidency, that I couldn’t get past the unbelievable and unnecessary retconning required for this book to exist. (view spoiler)

Where Bo
thewestchestarian
The nuclear codes thing kind of seeps the fun of it. The fantasy of having a 12 year old President gets popped pretty early in the proceedings in this inevitable follow-up to The Kid Who Ran For President when our protagonist President Moon lose track of the nuclear codes. One imagines the kid hitting puberty with such power and it becomes clear why we elect only those of at least 35 years. Moon's adventures as POTUS are mildly amusing although often a downer as he faces loneliness and the overw ...more
Kristian
this book is about a kid who became president and at first he did not want to take the job because he was to young and he did not want to take all the work. so he was in alot but this jib was big to him because he went from a nobody to the biggest person in the world. he takes the job finally and lives his life with some regrets but all the girls who did not like him now love him but he know that they want to us him for his power but hes not stupid.
i can conncect this to my life beecause i had
Evelynn
Aug 30, 2013 Evelynn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Opening statement from me: I am disappointed.

I read the first book, The Kid Who Ran For President, and I loved it! It was fun, witty, clever, and laugh-out-loud hilarious! So when I found out there was a sequel, I was excited. Before I could check it out at my local library, I located it at a thrift store.

And then I read it. And was very disappointed.

Now, a 12-year-old kid running for President is somehow more believable than a 13-year-old President. If that wasn't enough, then the author threw
Rylin Mccrary
Jun 04, 2016 Rylin Mccrary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4th-grade
This book was really funny and I really liked it.
Elsa
Jan 27, 2016 Elsa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-at-school
This book is now one of my favorite books because it has humor and history in it.Also it has a lot of action but also it has some sad moments.This is a great book and YOU should read it.
Demarco C
i picked this book because it was the second book of the first book that i made a good read on a few weeks ago this book is a great book and the second book that im writing to you today was the better book than the first because it explained more details and it finished the story. The.The story took place in Wisconsin in the first book and now in the second book it took place in Washington D.C. and all over america because he is the president so he goes all kind of places for meeting and other r ...more
Hamidreza
Jaden
Dec 21, 2009 Jaden rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?.
Matthew Macdonald
Aug 29, 2014 Matthew Macdonald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought The Kid Who became President By Dan Gutman was a funny and creative book. I could not drop this book once I got it.

It was all about what is he going to do next and why would you do that. It was like you had to finish it with all the suspens and comedy. I was very upset when the book ended. This two book series was trilling and nerve racking. It takes place in modern time and is about the first kid president and every body is picking on him and he just wants to be a normal kid. And whe
Erin
Dec 03, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting and very funny! In this book a boy is president and discovers how much hard work is needed to be president. He even invites his class to visit the White House. This book is a sequel to the kid who ran for president.
Melanie Abril
The Kid Who Became President is the hilarious sequel to The Kid Who Ran For President, telling the story of the kid who ran (kind of as a joke) and won! Judson Moon is just an ordinary kid but is put into the extraordinary situation at getting a shot to run the country. When he starts he realizes that it is certainly a lot more than he bargained for. But finds his groove as he challenges the leader of the country of Cantania to a battle of videogames rather than a battle with guns. Will Judson M ...more
Jackjohnson
Dec 08, 2015 Jackjohnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was a boy named Judson Moon. He became president in the first book in the series. In this edition, he resigns. His babysitter then motivates him and convinces him to become president again. However, it is much harder than he thinks. Throughout the book, his friends desperately try to make him a good president. Will he succeed?

There was only one thing I did not like in the book. It seemed like it was one big joke. For most of the part, the words were funny. Some of the jokes were redundant
Weathervane
Entertaining enough for a quick read and occasionally informative, though rather lacks heart of the original, in no small part because of the conspicuous absence of Moon's childhood friend. She would've provided a nice anchor to his old "ordinary" life. Gutman also refuses to address any politically-contentious issue, a strategy that makes sense when lampooning election season, less when the subject is the executive. Moon doesn't attempt to pass a single bill during his year in office -- shame; ...more
 Imani ♥ ☮
Wow, I kind of forgot about this book. I didn't finish it anyway but I remember it being decent. I guess I didn't really finish it because I didn't read it's prequel and I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about. What I do remember is this: this boy runs for president and actually does this by changing stuff in the Constitution and everything(or so I read in this book). But anyway that's all in the first book which I didn't even read. So the guy wins the election and is shocked and a litt ...more
Mr. Balak
Jul 13, 2013 Mr. Balak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Kid Who Became President, the sequel of The Kid Who Ran for President, is about thirteen year old Judson Moon who after winning the presidential election decides to resign the same night. That is until the next day when he suddenly has a change of heart and is sworn in as President of the United States after all. During his presidency, Judson learns about the difficulty of leading a nation and obeying the rights written in the Constitution while maintaining popularity with the public people. ...more
Jonas
Jul 16, 2012 Jonas rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-13-25
The sequel to The Kid Who Ran For President, this story follows the first year in office for now 13-year-old Judson Moon. He has capped off a stunning victory to become president but is learning that the job isn't all he thought it was cracked up to be. His lovable Vice President June Syers is back helping to guide him, but she runs into problems of her own as her relationship with a Secret Service agent goes public.
This series definitely requires you to suspend your disbelief but there is a ch
Ziggy Zezsyazeoviennazabrizkie
LOVE this book! Great idea, and the jokes cracked me up. The conclusion is quite off, but as-expected. Anyway, as a light read, I wasn't looking for anything super serious to come up in this book, so I'll say it's a really fun read.
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: This book is one of my personal favorites. I get wrapped up in every page. As an immigrant from India, I love reading a book with a character like me. I have always dreamed of becoming President, and this book always leaves my mind in ecstasy and wonder of a vivid imagination. Moon is just an average teenager and not even that smart, yet he still manages to save the day. Believe it or not even though this seems a children’s book adults can learn a lot from it, too.

To read o
Joseph
Nov 23, 2015 Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I choose this book because I know all of the presidents of the United States of America
The main characters are lane mom and dad
I rated this book 5 stars because I like the presidents
Andrew Shin
Apr 11, 2014 Andrew Shin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very interesting and unique. A kid called Moon became the president in United States, the strongest man in the world.
Selten Kaninchen
Jun 27, 2016 Selten Kaninchen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome
A very funny and playful book, as good as if not better than the first book, The Kid Who Ran for President.
Mrs.  Essagof
Not as funny as the first but a good read
Maria Elena
Great book for kids. Gutman is great!
Barrett
Jul 15, 2015 Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice book.
MizziQ
May 03, 2011 MizziQ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very funny book about (is it that obvious) the kid who became president. This is the book that comes after the kid who ran for president. I like this one even better than the first because of all the fun things he gets to do as president. Although it is not neccecarily a book adults will read it was my favorite when I was 9 and a good read-aloud and also good for kids getting out of relying on you for stories, reading by themselves.
Candice Pedersen
The students really enjoyed this book as well. However, they didn't really like the ending. It kind of leaves them stranded and they all wanted there to be another book. This one is definitely a lot funnier than the first book was and moved quickly. However, I would say that the students enjoyed the first one better, but this was definitely a good book and a quick read aloud.
Olivia
Nov 01, 2009 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I hadn't read the 1 book in this series so in the begging I was lost. But Dan Gutman sweeped me in and I couldn't stop reading it! When Judson Moon, 12 becomes prez, he loves it. But when an international crisis comes he doesn't know what to do. His talent is playing video games. Can this prez win the video game?
Daniel
Jan 11, 2012 Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because It has alot of interesting things about being in the white house and what it is like to live as a president which is pretty awesome. I reccomend this book to anybody who would like a crazy fun-filled life of a president from a kid's point of view.
HoaiTram Nguyen
Jan 23, 2009 HoaiTram Nguyen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so good and funny. it about Moon judson that became a president. he did a lot of amazing thing but in last, he retire. that sad but he said that he learn a lot when he become a president!
  • Zombie Dog (Rotten Apple #2)
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • Mean Ghouls (Rotten Apple #1)
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
  • 3 Below (Floors, #2)
  • 13 Hangmen
  • The Revolution of Evelyn Serrano
  • Being Lara
  • The Dragon Prophecy (Kingdom of Fantasy #4)
  • Grim
  • The Encyclopedia of Me
  • Silhouette
  • Mr. Was
  • Shifty
  • UnCONventional
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)
  • The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1)
  • The Big Time (Football Genius, #4)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

The Kid Who Ran for President (2 books)
  • The Kid Who Ran For President (Kid President, #1)

“No matter what ya do to help somebody, it'll hurt somebody else.” 3 likes
“You wanna grow up to be a trivia question?" she asked, challenging me. "Or do you wanna make a difference in the world?” 2 likes