Start by marking “Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories” as Want to Read:
Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories

Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Creepy is a collection of short stories, some fiction and some not that will send shivers down your spine!

Creepy contains two of my favorite short-suspense stories (The Rumblin' and Murdoch's Eyes), but best of all, it includes some of my real life supernatural experiences...absolutely true ghoststories. I was around ten years old when I had my first supernatural experienc
Paperback, 1, 71 pages
Published November 11th 2011 by nexgate press (first published September 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Creepy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creepy

Gina
What Goodreads has to say- From the #1 bestselling author of Reunion and Twisted Vengeance.
~ Listed with Goodreads Best Breakout Authors of 2011.

Kate's Reads
Creepy, by Jeff Bennington definitely lives up to it's name! I'd suggest leaving the lights on while you read it!

The collection consists of 2 fictional short stories, Murdoch's Eyes and The Rumblin' and 3 real life supernatural accounts that happened to Jeff himself. They are The Shadow Man, The Ghost Named Earl and Someone in the Basement. The true accounts are definitely chilling and will make you wonder what goes bump in the night. The fiction shorts are fast-paced, edge of your seat, thrill
Dana
Jeff Bennington,s collection of Short stories "Creepy" ..just scary.. The Three eyewitness accounts he shares with us will leave you looking over your shoulder and give you goosies, Murdoch's eyes was as scary as it was touching for the Monster who turns out to be the hero..very well done... I was particularly fond of The Rumblin' maybe cause the wife's name is "Dana" and one of the drops in my bucket list is to go RV-ing ... gonna check the weather first though... And His True Story of The Shad ...more
Caridad cruz
i thought this book was about short stories, its not. This book is gives you the first two chapters of books that you may or may not want to buy. those books i did not find scary or creepy. The cover is more creepy then the stories in the book. I wouldn't waste my time or money on this, the thing is i bought creepy 2 thinking it was scary short stories and i am so disappointed. the two stars i give to it is for the cover of the book!
Aurora
Very poorly written and not creepy at all :/ Finished the collection through pure determination.
Grampy
An excellent, and well named, creepy collection of scary stories. The author maintains that several of these stories are first-person actual experiences he has had. In other words, they are true ghost stories! But among the ones the author does not claim as part of his life experience are some dandies. "Rumblin" is one of my favorites, in which a creepy park ranger warns campers to come straight to his cabin when "the rumblin" starts. He doesn't explain what "the rumblin" is. The story is told f ...more
Michelle Wiles
I downloaded this for free from Amazon.co.uk. I just fancied a quick read and thought I would try it. I must say that I am so glad I didn't pay for this because I didn't really like it that much. I found the true stories in the book quite interesting, but not the ones that Jeff Bennington wrote. I didn't find them believeable. Sorry but I won't be recommending this book, or reading the others in the series after it.
Sarah (LF Book Reviews)
A few fantastic stories in this book. Some are really creepy. Overall is a great read and one well worth reading. I look forward to more from this author.
Nancy
Horrible. Really, really awful. Bad writing, predictable, cliche. But my new year's resolution is to get through all of my books, e-books, and audiobooks before I can buy any new ones. Glad to get this done early in the process. The author's constant breaking of the fourth wall, personal (and unnecessary) disclosures and bad pacing along with everything else mentioned gives me two words of advice for those thinking of picking this up: stay away!
Jessica
The parts of this book that you may dislike? Well, it isn't all that creepy... it's more like reading episodes of Tales from the Crypt (which I never found all that creepy but more humorous and some hokey) and there are only three actual stories (interrupted by the author's personal "creepy" experiences) which do contain a spelling mistake or two. So, if you're a perfectionist with super high expectations you may want skip this book.

However... if you're more open and forgiving then check this ou
J.M.
I love horror but this didn't really do it for me.
Sue
Very well done, Jeff Bennington!! Very well thought out stories that, at times, are literally spine-chilling!!!! :0
Rachel
I reviewed this and chose it from my stack to read as it is coming up to Halloween, and I am a sucker for all things of the spine tingling nature.

I loved this book! The mix of real ghost recollections and stunningly scary fiction works really well, and I have to say, I had to wait till the daytime to finish reading it! The cover itself sends an ice cold fingertip down your spine.

I think my favourite story was the one of Earl, the real life ghost, but I shan't spoil the plots, buy it now for you
Colleen
The fictional stories contained some genuinely creepy aspects but overall seemed too rushed to really be enjoyable. I liked the subject matter of "The Rumblin'" a lot more than "Murdoch's Eyes" but I would have liked more build up of suspense and more atmosphere and detail. I enjoyed the author's personal accounts of supernatural experiences the most.
Adrienne
The fiction in the book is sophmorish. The personal accounts between the stories is much better written. There were only three tales in the ebook that I read; the third and final was the best. Hopefully, this is an indicator that Mr. Bennington's future endeavors are improved.
S.C Alley -  Author
Having read 'The Reunion' by the same author, I was quite disappointed in the short stories themselves. What was of greater interest proved to be the explanations and experiences that inspired each story. Some of the stories were more gorey than creepy.
Maryellen
CREEPY. Even saying the word "creepy" kind of makes you shudder. The short stories, some of them are true accounts witnessed by the author, will definitely cause you to shudder! Well done Mr. Bennington! On to CREEPY 2!
Brandi
This was a good book there were a few short stories that would be campfire worthy and I love those kinds of stories. The only downfall would be that I can't think of anyone other than myself who would appreciate them.
Cyndi
The short stories were ok, a little underdeveloped at times. Could have done without the author's true stories of his encounters, they were dull (I saw a shadow, felt a cold breeze, blah)
Ghostleegirl
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. It was a good taste of what to expect from the author and encourages me to keep reading books from him.
Bonnie Hilligoss
I enjoyed these short stories and already have the two books which the author included excerpts of at the end. Looking forward to reading them.
Fairul Asannan
for me this collection seems more cheesy than scary. but i really like the story of the ghost girl fell in love with a runner.
Tammy
It was good to pass the time. Not very scary at all, though.
Dan
Overall, pretty good stories.
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
  • My Vacation in Hell
  • The Quarry
  • Darkscope
  • Anatomy of a Haunting: The Nightmare on Baxter Road
  • A Soul to Steal (The Sanheim Chronicles, #1)
  • Mary Paige (The Blood Vivicanti #1)
  • Graves' End: A Magical Thriller
I'm the bestselling author of REUNION, Twisted Vengeance, Creepy and The Indie Author's Guide to the Universe.

I live in Central Indiana with my wife, four children and two stray cats. I obsess over details, dream strange dreams and teach a creative writing course for a homeschool co-op. Look for my upcoming paranormal thriller, Act of Vengeance, coming in late 2011.

I grew up in Saginaw Michigan,
More about Jeff Bennington...
Reunion Twisted Vengeance (Twisted Vengeance, #1) Creepy, Book 1: A Collection of Ghost Stories and Paranormal Short Stories (Creepy Series) The Secret Tree The Rumblin'