Start by marking “Back Roads (Haven, #4)” as Want to Read:
Back Roads (Haven, #4)

Back Roads (Haven #4)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  16 reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, vampires, public exhibition]

It’s not that he isn’t insanely attracted to Bannon Murphy, but when the man starts talking about mates, Galen balks. He’s been burned by a lying, manipulating shifter before, and he isn’t convinced that he can trust the sexy Irishman.

After months of trying to convin...more
Published November 26th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Back Roads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back Roads

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

With shifters, vampires, witches and more, this story really kept me on the edge of my seat.

Bannon exudes self-confidence, now if he can just give some of that confidence to his mate, Galen, he may be able to capture the forever after he's always dreamed of. Bannon is a sexy Irishman I would love to have covering my back. His character just made me feel protected even as a reader. I could tell he would do anything to keep those he car...more
Gwengwel
1 stars.

Major WTF! JUST HAPPENED TO THE PLOT! in this one.

In the sister series Moonlight Breed the book 5 was centered on Malakai THE VAMPIRE and his two SHIFTER's lover.

One of the major plot point was the fact that one of the mates didn't wanted to mate with a vampire.

Conclusion 1: Vampire can mate shifter.
Conclusion 2: Shifter can mate vampire.

BUT NO! Not in this one.

One of the major plot point is that Galen doesn't believe that he is Brannon mate because he is not a shifter. Brannon explai...more
Panalopy
I liked this one a lot! The plot is picking up and becoming more involved and interesting. I liked the fact that Galen didn't just immediately accept that Bannon was his mate. Usually the partner just goes along with things when told that they are a mate. Galen had reason to be cautious but he still took the time to think things through before accepting Bannon.
This book also has one of the best, funniest, and sexiest sex scenes I've read in awhile! It was both hilarious and touching all at the...more
adrienne
typical gabrielle evans serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical gabrielle evans? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as the...more
Pam
Another fun and entertaining addition to the series. It was a nice twist that Galen wanted Bannon but didn't believe in fated mates or that he was more than a simple human. Ms. Evans did a nice job showing Bannon's frustration in his untrusting mate.

It was also nice seeing so many of the characters from the previous releases. It gave the book a nice sense of of warmth and family. There's plenty of action near the end and Galen coming to the rescue of Bannon and the others was totally unexpected...more
Lizzie
Sweet fluffy read, not much drama, favorite type of MC's. Noted one reviewer mentioned that shifter can only mate shifter but the previous book mated two shifters and a vampire. I have to say it's been a long time since I read the last installment and I did miss that. Makes you wonder. Still I liked it for the easy, romantic read.
Candice
I liked it, but not my fave. Loved the dreamwalking though :)
Tj
For some reason I feel like I missed a book. The book itself was fun. The characters engaging. I just didn't get into it though. There was just too much waffle with Galen and pressure but not with Bannon. I just don't know. It was just something that wasn't there. I'm bad at figuring out what but it just seemed...blah.
Crissy Morris
This one is another fun one by Gabrielle Evans. What I love about it most is the creativity and growth of this world. The powers that both Bannon and Galen have and how well they work together. And the story arc that continues to grow and twist and turn...it's all fun and exciting.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
~SexyBookWorm~
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was bc there wasn't anything super remarkable abt it. It was pretty good though.
Davina
this is getting soo much bigger
Perpetua
Oct 12, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Sep 05, 2014
  • Blood Contract (Wolf Creek Pack, #8)
  • Rainerio (Demon Warriors, #3)
  • Casey's Love Bite (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #9)
  • Darcy Burke (Beyond the Marius Brothers, #2)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...
Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1) Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3) Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5) Howl And Harmony (Midnight Matings, #11) Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings, #7)