The Compelled (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries Series #6)

The Compelled (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries #6)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  2,581 ratings  ·  77 reviews
When Damon is taken captive by ruthless vampire Samuel, Stefan is determined to rescue him before it is too late...even if it means seeking help from the most unlikely of places. Stefan forms a tentative alliance with a coven of witches in order to save his brother, only to learn that Samuel's end game is far more sinister then they could have imagined. With Samuel on the...more
Published June 7th 2012 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 2012)

Francie
Nov 24, 2011 Francie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my Damon Salvatore!! How sexy does Ian look on this book cover? I might need to buy this first, just so I can have something to stare at late at night.
Alex
Nov 24, 2011 Alex marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
DAYUM! He's hot!!!!!!!
Melyssa Dawn Michaels
From the first day I picked up my very first Vampire Diaries book, back before the show was even a thought in anyone's mind, I always wanted to hear more back story on the brothers Salvatore. Within these 6 books, I got a piece of what I was searching for.

Yes, these books are written with more of the show history in mind, but what doesn't change from the original books to the show is the way the brothers interact with one another. Reading these books was like taking a walk through episodes of t...more
Lina
The name of the book is The Vampire Diaries and I choose to read this book because it is base on the television show and it takes about the past that wasn't mention in the show. The main character is Stefan since this is the Stefan's diaries and it talks about his life in the past. This book is mostly about that Stefan wants to kill a vampire name Samuel and he tries to make a plan to kill him. The author or this book is L.J. Smith who is an American author of young adult literature.
The main c...more
Brooke
L.H. Smith did NOT write this or any other "Stefan's Diaries" books.

Corporations do not create stories or write books anymore than canvas manufacturers produce soul moving art. ALLOY Entertainment and Harper Teen should be ashamed and banished to hell. Afterall, they *have* sold their souls to the devil and have punished L.J. Smith for not following suit, have they not?
Heather
I loved this book, Overall this whole series is a lot better than the original Vampire Diaries Series..Possibly since this series is ALOT newer than the one made in the 1990's. However I wish the ending was a little different. That Stefan would've at least had some type of relationship in this book. Damon & Stefan always fighting, gotta love that.
Khalia Hades
the book is in excellent condition! im very happy with my purchase! didnt have any issues! & Damon Salvatore is on the front cover!! the man is gorgeous!! okies but seriously...its a must buy!! every Vampire Diaries fan should own EVERY...SINGLE...BOOK! =)
Christine
Možno som čakala na záverečný diel trošku viac. Ako páčilo sa mi to ale možno som si myslela, že tam pôjdu aj ďalej, je to trochu blbý koniec ale zároveň aj pekný. No určite by sa v tom dalo pokračovať....

3,5/5
Smash
DAMON IS SOOOOOOO HOTT
Bells
*BEFORE READING THE BOOK*

So I just started reading this book and I can't wait to finish it. Only one victim left. Mary Jane Kelly if I remember correctly. I think that was the last victim of Jack the Ripper... Can't wait to see how she's described in this book. What I like about this series is that they actually kept everything the real Jack The Ripper did back in autumn 1888. From the victims he killed to the places they were found and the letter he sent to the press. Truth be told, if vampires...more
Becky Courage
The Compelled is the sixth and final novel in the Stefan's Diaries series, which is a spin off series loosely based on the Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith.

Non Spoiler Synopsis:

This novel sees Stefan and Cora trying to get Damon back from the evil vampire Samuel. The pair enlist the help of a coven of witches and must get them on their side in order to get Damon back, and to save London from the plans Samuel has for total destruction and control.

Loose ends are (kinda) tied up in this concluding n...more
Aparajitabasu
Presenting The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries #6 The Compelled .

Here is the summary of the book:

The story arc of Stefan's Diaries continues in this sixth installment. Control or be controlled . . .Stefan and Damon thought they knew evil. But nothing compares to Samuel, the ruthless vampire hell-bent on avenging Katherine's death by destroying the Salvatore brothers. Reeling from Samuel's latest attack, Stefan and Damon find help in the most unlikely of places—a secret coven of witches. Togeth...more
Randa
What I liked:

-The use of British words was a nice touch Smile. I loved it.
-The beginning was pretty good. It was the 2nd best part in the book.
-I got intrigued when Elijah was mentioned near the end of the book. Which is the best part in the story.
-The characters in this sequel were all very good. I’ll miss them all :).
-The fightings were nice.
-As usual, the end was great! It made me anticipate what to come despite my disappointment.

What I disliked:

-It was so predictable. Things were starting...more
Linda Jaejoong
Damon und Stefan nehmen den Kampf gegen Samuel auf, doch alleine können sie ihn nicht besiegen. Durch Zufall retten sie eine Hexe vor Samuel und sichern sich promt die Hilfe von ihr und ihren Freunden im Kampf gegen Samuel. Doch sind sie stark genug ihn endgültig zu besiegen?? Und was passiert wenn sich der volle Hass eines Bruders gegen den Anderen richtet??

Endlich ich das große Finale da und wir lernen viele neue Leute kennen. Stefan, Damon und Cora sind zusammen einfach der Hammer und man bek...more
Jaimie
Maria Kurtèn
This one was the BEST! Started reading and could NOT stop!
Loved this book, exciting, sad. This book swept me of my feet, the whole serie did. Wow!
Katie
I finally glad the whole Samuel thing has been cleared up. I hate that they separated this story into 3 short book when I long one would have been nicer, but I was able to get this one at the library so that was nice. I think they could have wrapped it up sooner. They kept trying and trying to get Samuel and for silly reasons he kept slipping though their fingers. I hope they continue to write Stefan diaries book. I look forward to what happens next in their lives. I know Stefan gets back on hum...more
Suzie
I still stand by my previous comments that this, together with books 4 & 5 of Stefan's diaries, really should have been 1 book rather than 3 ridiculous pamphlets. I know that the screenwriters have taken over this series from the original author, and whilst it stays closer to home and the great TV series, the writing style is more like a quick TV episode rather than a novel.

That being said, I do like the screenwriters' styles more than the original author who just took such a ridiculous tang...more
Alaina Hulvey
Well this book was on par with the previous book. Pretty good wrap up for this story line. Loved the bromance between Stefan and Damon and also the interesting Cora. Though Stefan did get a little too whiny for my taste after a new characters death. Wish that particular character wouldn't have been killed it was lame being that it could have been prevented imo. Oh and enough with the self loathing Stefan. That's why I think him and Elena are perfect for each other, with their whole emo love affa...more
 ☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆
I am a sucker for this series. Sure it's a bit silly, but I like how it tells us about Damon & Stefan B4EY (Before The Elena Years) I liked learning the more in depth story behind their turning, the human years, the adventures after they were turned, their hatred for each other but how that brotherly bond keeps dragging them together, etc.
I am waiting to hear more in depth about katherine though. I would LOVE a story about her, her human life, how she turned, her time with the Orignals, etc...more
Racquel
Amy Beer
I have to say, for me this book was a bit of a disappointment. It was fairly predictable and too many new characters were introduced (most of which were incredibly irritating and only appeared for 20 or so pages) to be acceptable for a 200 page book that already has ample characters and a story to continue. I still have unanswered questions from the previous books in th series, so that is a let down as well.

Overall, not a terrible story, but did not live up to my expectations of the "Stefan's Di...more
Joti
Todd
I have to admit, I was a bit irritated with this series at points. Mainly in the first 3 book and was mad bc I felt like the 4th was just repeating and being repetitive. But now that its ended I don't want it to and totally want more. I loved how books 4 - 6 had a story line that was adventurous and continuous. This last book was stand on ur tip toes exciting. Bringing in the witches was the best idea ever! I loved the ending and how it wrapped up but was sad at the same time. 5 Stars!!
Marci
Boring! Boring! The story went fast, but I felt I had to force myself to keep reading, and just get it over with. Thank god these books are short!! Maybe it's time to give up on these! Hopefully that's the last one?!?! It gets too confusing between these books, the show , and the real books, all following different storylines and places, etc... Oh did I mention that Stefan is a boring sap? Lol can't stand him!! Now if Damon had some diaries... hmmm those would be interesting!!
Emma
The Compelled is the most recent book from the Stefan's Diaries series. In this book witches get involved in helping the Salvatore brothers capture the real killer whose goal is to compell all vampires everywhere. There are significant deaths. A sacrifice was made to bring justice to the situation. However, in this book the "Ripper" story concludes. What the Salvatore brothers plan to do next should be revealed in the next book. But I doubt it will be in London.
Rose Dawson
Prozatím poslední díl Stefanových deníků.Konečně skončila zápletka se Samuelem, která mi na 3 knížky přišla zbytečně protahovaná, naštěstí tento díl utekl rychle a zvratů bylo dost. Hlavně ten s MJ, poslední 3 knížky skoro žádné nebyly, takže mě to rozhodně potěšilo, že děj už nebyl tak nudný. Ten konec mi přišel docela smutný, ale tak to je z mého úhlu pohledu.Doufám ale, že se ještě dočkáme dalšího dílu. :)
Jane
Although this series has flaws and can be repetitive there's no denying that it feels as though your on this journey with Stefan as he fights vampires, cravings and himself.
Even though this is a prequel and I know that both Stefan and Damon live through the whole series I felt myself forgetting and thinking "What's going to happen?" when it came to life or death situations.
And I liked the bittersweet ending :)
Katie
I feel like this books are now just completely boring...I'm hoping the next one will skip ahead some into the story or even jump to when Stefan saved Elena or how technically Damon met her first. when she dies at the end of season 3 will be a lot more interesting to read than this bullshit... hoping the series gets better! It started off great and as each book continues its getting harder to read.
  • Love You to Death Season 2: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
  • Neferet's Curse (House of Night Novellas, #3)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Soul Bound (Blood Coven Vampire, #7)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Whisper (Riley Bloom #4)
  • A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton (Drake Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (Thirst, #5)
  • All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.5)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Almost Everything (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #3)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th...more
More about L.J. Smith...
The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6) Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1) The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4)