Start by marking “Legăminte” as Want to Read:
Legăminte

Legăminte (Matched #1)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  511,286 Ratings  ·  29,695 Reviews
În lumea în care trăieşte Cassia, nimic nu este lăsat la voia întâmplării. Cineva – Societatea – hotărăşte pentru toţi: ce să mănânce, cu ce să se îmbrace, cu cine să se căsătorească sau unde să lucreze. Când Cassia află că cel mai bun prieten al ei îi va fi Pereche, consideră această alegere perfectă. Nu pentru mult timp însă, căci imaginea care-i apare pentru o fracţiune ...more
Romania Edition, 320 pages
Published October 2011 by Editura Litera (first published November 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Legăminte, please sign up.

Dennis Good reads will not do your homework for you. Read the book.
Amber. I honestly hated it so much. sorry not sorry. The characters annoyed me and the plot just wasn't good. give it a try if you want, you might like it.

Tatiana
Oct 07, 2010 Tatiana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of tepid teen romance driven novels
Recommended to Tatiana by: Annalisa
As seen on The Readventurer

First thing first. I think Ally Condie owes at least half of her seven-figure paycheck to Lois Lowry. The entire dystopian world is lifted directly from Lowry's The Giver. Almost everything interesting in Matched is very familiar - the idea of highly controlled Society (the Community in The Giver), the prearranged Matches, uniform clothing, the pills suppressing emotions, predetermination of everyone's life course, euthanized elderly, regulated personal possessions, th
Laurel
Jun 29, 2011 Laurel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy love triangles I guess
Recommended to Laurel by: My eyes
The fart was this? I just...the FART WAS THIS?!

That beautiful cover is mean. It drew me right in with its pretty lime green bubble bait of death. Can't help wanting to have some of my favorite color on my reading shelf. Hnnnnng. It said, "READ ME OR I WILL MURDER YOU FAMILY." And I bought it so it'd stop glaring at me in the teeny-bopper section of B&N.

I opened Matched, and snails came at me with their shells and antennae of slime and grime and chime and dime. SNAILS EVERYWHERE. I couldn't m
Joe
Official Transcripts

June 21, 2001 • AOL Chatroom AuthorTalk
ACondieHottie: Oh my gosh! Lois Lowry! You're actually online!
2timeNewbery: Sigh. Hello, Allie.
ACondieHottie: It's Ally. With a 'y'!
ACondieHottie: I can't believe u forgot! Don't u read my letters?
2timeNewbery: I've received them, yes.
ACondieHottie: Ur my favorite author! Ur books R so rad!
ACondieHottie: Especially The Giver! I love that one! It's so aweum!
ACondieHottie: Jonah's world is so neet! I want to write a book just like it!
ACond
Kiki
This book reminds me of Insidious.

I borrowed it from the library and watched it with my sister one afternoon, expecting horror greatness. I popped some corn, we bumped elbows and on it went. She grabbed a cushion for safety.

While the starting creds are up, I look at the box and say to her, "It's PG-13."

She screws up her face. "What?"

"PG-13," I say. "Look."

"Hm." She looks back at the screen, then at the creepy picture of the silhouette monster with big scary claws on the back. "Well, thirteen-ye
Inge

Wow. That was not what I expected at all. What a total snorefest. I was prepared to be blown away by the awesomeness hidden in these pages. Instead, I was so so disappointed. Such a shame, because the idea sounded amazing and I was so excited. I was expecting it to be fantastic, but unfortunately, it wasn’t. Not at all. It didn’t even come close to fantastic. Frankly, it was boring. Dull. Yawn-inducing. Every character had less personality than a paper bag. My mind kept dwelling while I
Kristi
Feb 18, 2010 Kristi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Matched drew me in with it's unique summary and beautiful cover, unfortunately that is where my fascination ended.

I wanted to like this book.... actually I wanted to love it, but I didn't. I had a very hard time getting though this novel. I even had to take a break from it completely, and I only kept reading because of the encouragement from others that had read it, insisting that it would get better. It didn't get a whole lot better for me.

I guess my biggest problem was that I was bored for mos
Emily May

Soo... basic storyline being of a society where officials decide every aspect of a person's life from the big stuff as in who they'll marry (or be 'matched' with) and when they'll die to the little stuff like what they eat, how they dress and their daily routines. The story tells how Cassia is matched to a boy but falls for another and suddenly begins to question the rules of the society, heading as she does so straight into a world of secrets and danger. Great sounding plot, am I right? Too ba
Joyzi
Dec 01, 2010 Joyzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind The Giver and The Hunger Games rip-off
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Book Review

Okay I promised I'll write an in depth review so here it is and I'll try to not put biggie spoilers. (I'm going to use Q & A style of reviewing this time)

What made you pick-up the book?
> I actually watched a book trailer in Youtube (the link to that vid was way down there somewhere) so and yeah I got intrigued by that video and then I go to goodreads and read reviews about it. I was a bit shock about the mix reviews, some was positive and some was negative. So because of it I t
karen
yeah.

this is one i might be too old for. a lot of people compare this to The Giver, and i get it, in that they are both these forced-utopias, but then, so is The Stepford Wives, yeah? but since i didn't like the giver, i can't really complain that this was a rip-off, because neither of them did very much for me, so i'm not going to go waving any flags around in either's defense. you are on your own, books...

but if i had to.

this one may have been slightly more entertaining to me because it was le
Jessica
Jun 29, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadult, dystopian
Everything in this book is so CLEAN! I loved that. You have to understand, I had a "thing" for utopian societies in high school. BRAVE NEW WORLD, THIS PERFECT DAY, HARRISON BERGERON . . . oh, yes! I've read them all. And what struck me about some of them was that it was supposed to be the perfect, future society, but everyone just seemed so sweaty . . . But not so in the Society. Everything is carefully sanitized. Clothes are clean, or quickly changed when they are not. The world has been cleane ...more
Flannery
This book is like a long train ride. When I first got on I was like, "Oh man, look at this train! Wow! Look at all the people! *peeping out the windows*, *looking at the scenery*." Then, after about 40 pages I was like, "You know what? This scenery is kind of repetitive. I'm getting kind of bored. Maybe I'll check out the dining car." After a little bit longer, I was second-guessing my decision to take the train at all and wondering about my sanity level. "When is this train ride going to be ove ...more
evelyn
May 31, 2010 evelyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readin2010
So I didn't expect them to at all, but a little part of me was really hoping Scholastic would come to BEA with a stack of galleys for "Mockingjay" the way they did with "Catching Fire." Of course they didn't, they wouldn't want to ruin the end of the trilogy before it's released. But a girl can dream.

So, anyway, there was a big gap in my galley pile that could only be filled by some quality YA distopian fiction. When I went to the YA Editors' Buzz panel and heard about "Matched" I thought "Yes!
Annalisa
When I heard Condie's trilogy was being pushed as the next big thing, I instantly expected this to be cheap, tantalizing but empty, and poorly written. Is my faith in the publishing industry that low? Sadly, sometimes yes. Then I met Ally. She's adorable, down-to-earth, and not at all tainted by the buzz. Ever since, I've been anxiously trying to get my hands on an ARC of Matched. I really wanted it to be as good as her publisher thinks it is.

I sat down Friday afternoon with my friend's ARC (and
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
Sep 09, 2013 Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness by: to all hunger games lovers !
5.5 scorching soul-matched stars....

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

"I push myself hard.The words of Thomas poems so wild and beautiful that i keep reapeating them silently as i run..Do not go gentle,do not go gentle,do not go gentle,until realization hits me :There's a reason thy didn't keep this poem.

This poem tells you to fight."

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had
Kimberly
Jan 03, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads People
Shelves: dystopia, trilogy, romance
WHAT MADE ME READ THE BOOK?
It's a trailer I watched on Youtube, and I was intrigued about it.

Matched Trailer

At first, I thought it was just another best friend-loves-best friend-loves-new guy thing. I was right, but not what I expected. It got better and better as I read more.
(Note: If you think like a writer, you'll know something that might happen.)

The plot reminded me a little of Hunger Games (perfect/imperfect Society, rebellion) but it's still great.
In the middle of the book, I just then no
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Sometimes I decide that a book isn’t for me based on some silly, almost non-existent reason, and then I stubbornly stick with my decision until something forces me to reconsider. In this case, I avoided Matched like the plague because the entire plot seemed to be based on a love triangle, but I was forced to change my mind when I came into possession of the audiobook. With hours of driving ahead of me, I had no choice but to give it a chance. And I loved it.

Matched is extremely character-centric
Misty
3 for enjoyment, 2 for substance.

Warning: I'm not sure if this turned out to be a review or a philosophical discussion, or some freaky lovechild of the two.  Bear with me...

[I'm gonna go with "freaky love child." Why not? Read more HERE.]
Georgina
Dec 20, 2010 Georgina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Georgina by: waterstones young readers thing
Really disliked it. I found it espcially hard to believe in her love for (insert forgotten name) as she barely knew him and all that napkin stuff was really cringy. Didn't feel for the guy at all, since all he seemed to want was for somebody to feel sorry for him. I would have prefered it if she'd fallen in love with her best friend but been given a different match. The fact that the matches were so sucessful most of the time was the biggest let down for me.
I also disliked how 'deep' we were su
Dannii Elle
Whilst not a bad book, by any means, I felt as though the plot for this felt a little outdated and recycled from other powerhouses in the dystopian genre. It was interesting to read of a slower-paced, and less action-based, dystopian and yet, for me, this ended up being this book's undoing. I felt like the whole book was waiting to get going. There was no grand climax or sub-plots and the aspects that initially held my interest ended up being overshadowed by the predictable emergence of a love t ...more
Wendy Darling
I liked this well enough, but feel that it's a little slight in plot and structure; I also wasn't enthralled by any of the main characters. Overall, it's a quick, entertaining read, but not a particularly deep or memorable one. This is one of those rare occasions when the film might actually be better than the book.

✞кεℓℓү cσsтιgαη✞

description

Originally posted on Stellar Scrutiny Book Blog.

I didn't have high expectation coming into this book. This turned out to be a good thing, because I can only imagine how angry I'd be if I thought this book was going to be good...it wasn't. I wouldn't go so far as to say that this book was terrible, but it just had nothing appealing at all. If you have read The Giver by Lois Lowry, then you would know t
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Hmm. I was not so crazy about this one. It was alright, just a little ... bland, I guess?

Here's my main problem with it: Right before I read this book, I read Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I don't know which one came out first, but they have very similar plots. 1) Dystopian society in which everyone's fates are planned for them. 2) Main character is a teenage girl. 3) Girl is supposed to marry a boring guy. 4) Girl falls for another, rebellious guy instead.

Each has its own original aspects, but the
Colleen Houck
This book actually made me feel like I was the one trapped inside the bubble. I wanted to scream, "Run! Can't you people see what's happening? Don't take that pill!" I couldn't breathe until it was over. Very good writing that sucked me in and made me very grateful that I have the freedom to choose what I want to be and do.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

If I may be politely honest, I would have to say that this series is one of the dystopians series I liked the least. The concept of the society where everything is controlled, measured and dictated by the government is, I think a good idea. Even the main conflict, when Cassia's chip showed her the face of Ky abruptly and quickly when Xander has already been determined to be her match is fascinating and intriguing and these elements would have already been really useful tools to make a really rea
Lissa
I don't normally talk about covers, but this one is just so perfect, if a little obvious. Cassia in the green dress she wears to her Matching ceremony, trapped in a bubble and pushing gently at the sides. Obvious, yes. Effective, yes.

Let me tell you what happens in this book.

Cassia is all set to marry whoever the Society tells her to marry. The day after her unexpected and highly rare Match to her best friend Xander she sees the portrait of another boy she knows, Ky, appear on her computer scree
Diba
No... Just...no
Liz
Mar 28, 2013 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, enjoyed-it

“I am trapped in glass and I want to break out and breath deep but Im too afraid that it will hurt.”

Cassia lives in a perfect world. The Society controls the lifes of the people. What they read, what they eat, whom they love. Everything.
In the past horrible things happened. The people lived in disorder, but the Society arranges everything now.
Cassia is happy with her life, with the Society. She does not think a lot about the rest and she does not ask herself many questions.
But only until he
Nomes
Blurbed by Melina Marchetta: 'Beautifully written with characters that stayed with me long after the final page,' and with it's stunning cover, Matched is the shiny new temptation of the season.

Okay - so I was completely PUMPED about it. I am an unashamed fan of a good love triangle - tension! drama! heart-ache-y choices! swooning! Also - a dystopian, well, it's a fascinating setting to explore all kinds of themes and deliver some twisted showdowns.

So...

Matched begins with the Matching Banquet,
Nora

Once upon a time,
There was a girl who wandered through the stacks until she saw the word "Matched" printed on a cover in lime,
With a squeal she snatched it down,
Admiring the model's gown,
In delight she read the back,
And Hallelujah - nothing did the description lack,
Love, rebellion and more,
Surely reading this wouldn't be a chore,
So she started out on page one,
And immediately she wanted to shoot it with a gun,
But bravely she read on,
All the while thinking "what a con",
The MC had a contrived love
Lotte
* 3.5/5 stars!
I expected a dystopia and got a love story. But at least a good one.
The aspects I normally look for in YA books of this kind - interesting world building and a fast paced plot - were non-existent in Matched. The world was a very blatant The Giver rip-off and nothing actually happened plot-wise until about the last quarter of the story. However, one aspect of this book was absolutely outstanding - the protagonist Cassia. I loved her character development, her self awareness and abil
What did you think of it? 8 44 Mar 23, 2017 01:19PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Matched Series By Ally Condie - Reading 'Matched' from April 15th 2017 384 323 Mar 23, 2017 10:47AM
Blazing Readers &...: * Matched Pre-Discussion 10 7 Mar 09, 2017 04:08AM
Blazing Readers &...: Matched Chapters 25-32 (End) 2 5 Mar 06, 2017 11:09PM
Blazing Readers &...: Matched Chapters 17-24 1 4 Mar 05, 2017 02:11PM
Blazing Readers &...: Matched Chapters 9-16 1 3 Mar 05, 2017 02:10PM
  • The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door, #1)
  • The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2)
  • Inside Out (Insider, #1)
  • The Resistance (The Declaration, #2)
  • Hana (Delirium, #1.5)
  • Tortured (Birthmarked, #1.5)
  • Partials (Partials Sequence, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • All These Things I've Done (Birthright, #1)
  • Away (The Line, #2)
  • Starters (Starters, #1)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • Eve (Eve, #1)
  • Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
  • Sapphique (Incarceron, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Sleepless
Ally Condie is a former high school English teacher who lives with her husband, three sons and one daughter outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. She loves reading, running, eating, and listening to her husband play guitar.
More about Ally Condie...

Matched (3 books)
  • Crossed (Matched, #2)
  • Reached (Matched, #3)

52 trivia questions
18 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that.” 3544 likes
“Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs.” 1903 likes