Start by marking “It Happened One Christmas” as Want to Read:
It Happened One Christmas

It Happened One Christmas (The Wrong Bed #56)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Six years ago, Ross Mitchell and Lucy Fleming shared a hot holiday weekend in Manhattan, back when he was just a hard-bodied guy in a tool belt and she was an impulsive photography student.Fast-forward a few Decembers: Ross and Lucy meet again, by chance, at his office Christmas party. And when they find themselves alone and snowed in after hours, it's not long before they ...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about It Happened One Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Happened One Christmas

Alexis-Morgan Roark
I really did not want to finish nor like this book. You KNOW what happens...events (and general stupidity on both their parts if you ask me) consipire to keep them apart for six years. These people think love just happens and is easily replaced, and I just don't get that!! Anyway, I stuck it out and it was so worth it. I practically bawled at the end- it was syrupy sweet.

Good writing. Pretty good narrattion. Hot and bittersweet at times. Hot and gut wrenchingly (did I spell that right? thanks to
Cris
Virei fã da Leslie Kelly! Todos os livros que eu li dela até agora, foram ótimos!!!

O titulo ficou perfeito. Emoção é o que passa a história, do inicio ao fim. O casal se reencontra, exatamente 6 anos depois de se conhecerem, no dia 23 de dezembro. Eles haviam passado menos de 48 horas juntos, e foram horas intensas, daqueles encontros que a gente nunca mais esquece. Mas ele teve um problema de família, e ela seguiu com a sua vida, viajando para estudar.

A historia é contada alternando o reencontr
Kendall
This is one I wouldn't tell my mother I read. For real. But since I grew up with the genre--my small-town "mawmaw" (grandma) owned shelves and shelves of Harlequin presents, I guess it's in my blood. I used to sneak her HQN "Temptations" and got in trouble for reading them--they were graphic in 1985 or whenever I read them. Huh. I hope my Mawmaw never read these, or I'd have to think she just wasn't full of the "sugar" she talked about so much. Whoa! I have to admit, I was shocked by the graphic ...more
Adriana Fogaça
Emoções
Leslie Kelly
H. Flor Da Pele 05
2013

Com certeza o melhor livro até o momento desta série Flor da Pele.

Bem, adoro nevascas, simples assim, todo livro que tem uma nevasca em algum momento, sempre é ótimo. É tiro e queda.

Tirando o clima, o livro também é ótimo, porque a autora conseguiu mostrar o que queria de uma forma realista e concisa.

E o casal é uma coisa. Tão fofos e adoráveis, difícil não se identificar com eles.

Fora o obvio, adorei porque a estória se passa em boa parte em Chicago, e e
Carrie Miller
Not as wildly sexy as some of Kelly's other books, but I liked that. Very sweet story, more romantic than steamy. The story is kind of different, one chapter is from the hero and heroine's past 6 years ago in New York and shows them fall in love, then the next will be present day in Chicago. Each day from then somehow reflects the day from today. Pretty clever and had a nice holiday feel. I teared up a little.
Carrie
Voted "Buried Treasure of 2011" on AAR

I didn't see this as a "buried treasure." It was good, and had a less schmaltz than many of it's type, but it lacked zing. Nothing unexpected happened. A decent way to spend a few hours, but forgettable.
Liza
Loved, Loved, Loved this book!!! Another winner from Leslie Kelly!

I’m a huge fan of Leslie Kelly and was so excited when I saw she had a Christmas story coming out. I love Christmas stories and knew that any Christmas story Leslie wrote would be both super fun and sexy, and Leslie totally delivered with It Happened One Christmas.

Lucy and Ross first met six years ago when Lucy was contemplating how to get back at her ex-boyfriend for cheating on her…more how to remove what he was using to cheat o
Nicole-Pattypattz1
Sharon (A Book Barbie)
*3.5 STARS.

(Review originally posted here at The Book Barbies.)

A while back, I was struck by the Christmas impulse and grabbed a bunch of holiday themed Harlequins from the library. This was one of them. It was a fun way to spend a slow afternoon at work! It was a sweet love story that I very much enjoyed reading.

I liked the way the story was presented. Ross and Lucy had a slight history from years before, and their new meeting paralleled their old in many ways. The stories unfolded at just the
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
You can find the entire review at Forever Book Lover.

Ok, I admit, I am a Harlequin Blaze junkie,I need my fix every month and if the book is by Leslie Kelly all the better!! Not only is her latest HQ Blaze a Christmas tale, the story line is about one of my favorite themes- soul mates, separated by circumstances and brought back together by fate. The timing was off the first time around, with a chance encounter six years later, can these two find love the second time around?
It can be tricky for
Silver James
It Happened One Christmas is vintage Leslie Kelly, and that's a very good thing for her fans, and for readers of sexy contemporary romance. Six years previous, Lucy Fleming and Ross Mitchell ran into each other at Christmas. Figuring they were spending the holiday alone, they hooked up for a magical moment in time. Lucy planned to study in Europe. Ross was trying to cut the apron strings to his family's business. When a family emergency interrupts their idyllic interlude, they go their separate ...more
Roxanne
Theresa
Spicy Christmas story with lots of good lines that will leave you laughing. They meet at Christmas and six years later they meet at Christmas again picking up were they left off..the bedroom. Oh yes.
Dee

Now and then story
Alternating present, past
Sexy Christmas tale
Katherine O'Grady
What a delightful read. Engaging hero and heroine, second chance love story. Gonna add this to my “read at Christmas” list

Bought from eHarlequin.
Netanella
Kelly delivers another hot read that's enjoyable and sexy as hell. And if she imitates the John Cusack - Kate Beckensale movie "Serendipity" to do it, so what? She even states that's exactly what she's doing through the thoughts of our main action hero, the carpenter-turned-CEO Ross Mitchell, when he thinks how like the movie these turns of events are, how fate is playing a hand. The flashback chapters were great, and really help to reveal the reason's behind Lucy's current dislike for Ross. And ...more
Mem
Ross and Lucy met 6 years ago. Her dream of a photography career and his family separated them. Photography and a blizzard have brought them back together. Alternating chapters of past and present weave their stories together.
Angela
Excellently told Christmas tale. I really enjoyed the way Ms. Kelly alternated between the couple's first Christmas of 6 years earlier and their now present day holiday. It was great to see how misunderstandings and circumstances could tear a couple apart and fate has to once again intervene. I highly recommend It Happened One Christmas. It's sensual and has well developed characters whom you'll find yourself cheering for.
Sheri
This book touched a soft spot... I loved how each chapter went back and forth from past to present revealing the feelings and circumstances of them both. Great read, well done Leslie!! :)
Tricia
The going back and forth from present time to 6 years previous on just about every chapter got old real quick.
Linniegayl
I reviewed this for All About Romance and gave it a B+

Mary Gualandri
Very good. This is my first book by Kelly, and it makes me want to read more.
Krystean
A gem of a romance. Loved this so much!
Erin
Sweet story. Nice & relaxing.
Kate
Overall rating -- 4.5 stars
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Wrong Bed
Nowarish
i love ross sooooooo much
Hoover
Hoover added it
Jan 19, 2015
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Red-Hot Santa
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Mighty Quinns: Riley (The Mighty Quinns, #16)
  • Making a Splash
  • Hotshot: Hotshot\Going For It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Witness Seduction
  • Model Marine
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • Texas Blaze (Harlequin Blaze, #509)
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • The Survivor

New York Times Bestselling author, Leslie Kelly writes sexy romances and dark romantic thrillers. A four-time RWA RITA Award nominee, eleven-time Romantic Times Award nominee and 2006 RT Award winner, Leslie has become known for her delightful characters, sparkling dialogue
More about Leslie Kelly...

The Wrong Bed (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Bedded Bliss
  • Honeymoon With A Stranger (The Wrong Bed, #2)
  • Twin Beds (The Wrong Bed, #3)
  • Love Me, Love My Bed (The Wrong Bed, #4)
  • Midnight Train From Georgia (The Wrong Bed, #5)
  • The Wrong Wife (The Wrong Bed, #6)
  • His Double, Her Trouble (Harlequin Temptation, #655)
  • In The Dark  (Harlequin Temptation, #723)
  • Tangled Sheets (Harlequin Temptation, #727)
  • Not in My Bed! (Harlequin Temptation, #731)
Slow Hands (Harlequin Blaze, #402) Heated Rush Coming Home Angel Baby Overexposed (The Bad Girls Club) (Harlequin Blaze #347)