Start by marking “Life, Motherhood and the Pursuit of the Perfect Handbag” as Want to Read:
Life, Motherhood and the Pursuit of the Perfect Handbag

Life, Motherhood and the Pursuit of the Perfect Handbag

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Everything is going wrong for handbag designer Tess Holland: her friendly little company has been acquired by a multi-national; her medical resident husband wants to go save lives in Africa; and her best jacket is smeared with baby poop.

Suddenly Tess – once the epitome of “work-life balance” with her two cute kids, glamorous job, understanding boss and handsome husband – i
Published October 30th 2011 by Aster Amellus Books (first published September 5th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Life, Motherhood and the Pursuit of the Perfect Handbag

Easy and fun read. Nice to read a mommyhood lit book where the mom is the main breadwinner and runs the household. Easy to hate villain boss too.
An absolutely fun read. Loved the humor and real life possibilities. Many of the problems we as wives and mother's experience. I loved it from page one. It was a fast read as well. I was hoping for a little more though at the end. Not because it ended badly but because I was enjoying it so much I wanted more.
This was a book I had marked as one I wouldn't mind winning. I was one of the lucky winners to receive the book in the mail. Even though I haven't worked a career job in over 30 years, my kids are now grown I still enjoyed the book. It made me laugh at how the main character needed to be in two places as one time so often. How she finally was able to find that good center at the end. It was a pretty fast read and kept my interest. I would recommend it to those working moms for sure!
Patti Burgess
This was an easy to read story about a woman who gets so caught up trying to make it in the corporate world she loses sight of what's really important in her life.

I received this book as a Goodreads first read.
Chick-lit is one of my vices. I really enjoyed this book and the realities it portrays of working parents balancing their career, spousal relationships, and parenthood.
Cute book, fast read, and cheap. Hardly a masterpiece, but a perfect read for in between more serious/in-depth books.
The middle was kind of hard to get through but I really liked the ending.
Pattie Pfeiffer
Great take on living the life of love, family and happiness

Very fun read. Can't wait for the author's next one.
Really funny, quick read!
meg marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Jodi added it
Jul 10, 2015
Ashleigh Heaton
Ashleigh Heaton marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Melisa added it
Jul 10, 2014
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Laura Horne
Laura Horne marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
  • Familiar Ties
  • Have a Nice Weekend
  • Leftovers
  • Orange: The Diary of an Urban Surrealist
  • Epiphany
  • Shuffled Off (A Ghost's Memoir, #1)
  • Never Dead
  • Bombshells
  • Love's Fate (Love Trilogy #1)
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • Three Wishes
  • Beatitude
  • Mama
  • Even Sunflowers Cast Shadows
  • A Grand Deception (Gentlemen of Worth, #3)
  • Simplicity
  • The Rexworth Manifesto
  • In the Name of Love
Emily Roberson has been a bookseller in Little Rock, a newspaper reporter in Vicksburg, and a marketing manager in Boston. She is an Arkansas native who graduated from Brown University and has a masters in English from the University of Texas at Austin. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three sons.

Emily's facebook page:
More about Emily Roberson...