What Are Friends For?

What Are Friends For?

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Erin Snyder has given up on men. No matter how hard she tries, the men she dates never want to develop a relationship with her. She has to be doing something wrong, but has no idea what. She decides only her best friend Luke Duvall can help her.

Luke can't believe Erin's suggestion that they have sex. He's known her for four years and they're best friends. No matter how all...more
Published August 2nd 2011

To ask other readers questions about What Are Friends For?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Are Friends For?

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2–Just Fun–Stars

What Are Friends For? is a very short (52 pages) friends-to-lovers trope that's sugary sweet and sexy. There was also a surprising amount of substance stuffed into this cute plot for such a short book. Plus, it's the perfect read for when you need a break from all that angst and just want to smile.
Nisha
First of all, Lynn LaFleur is a very talented writer. Not only does she write scenes that drip with sensuality, but she creates true relationships between her characters. Many authors can do that, but few can do it in the space of a novella, when you have no more than 2 short chapters to flesh out your characters.

In this case, Erin and Luke have been friends for quite a few years. Erin's most recent failed relationship, leads her to believe that she's doing something wrong...sexually. Who better...more
Jennifer Hines
Lynn LaFleur has piqued my interest with her volunteer firemen so I thought I'd try one of her other books. I was not disappointed…although I always wish her stories were longer.

Erin has come to the conclusion that she's bad in bed. It's the only explanation she can give herself since every time she sleeps with a man they never call her afterward. This includes the ones she's gone a few dates with. Saying that, her insecurity could be more true than not. But how could one find out for sure? You...more
Terra Oenning
this book was about 2 friends who have never thought of each other in a sexual way til sahe get her heart broke and he hates to see that and then after 4 years of friendship it all changes in one day. they decide to have sex and then go from there. it was a cute read.
Jen
OMFG i got this book just because of the cover .. now to get around to reading it hehe

Ok read it enjoyed it but still hung up on the cover mmmmmmmmmm
Cindi
What a great story. I always love the "friends to lovers" type stories. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Sharon Waldman
When I read the blurb for this book I thought it had so much potential, however I felt it was to short! it could have been longer and made more of a story out of it however if your looking for a fun, short read full of friendship that grows into more then its an interesting and fun read
Lauren
This was a really good friends to lovers story. Erin wants to move this relationship to another level after being dumped by yet another boyfriend after they have sex. She wanted to know if she was the problem. Luke, her best friend for 4 years, seemed like the perfect person to help her with this task.

Luke is reluctant because he doesn't want to ruin the friendship that they have. But of course he is a man, and she asks so nicely that he gives in. It becomes more emotional for him....and for her...more
The BookWhisperer
Sometimes we all wonder if that guy we are best friends with could be anything more than just friends. LaFleur takes that wonder and weaves it into a book that will make you start to feel a little hot.

Such a quick, little cute read that will make you long for a guy friend like Luke on so many different levels. He is so sweet to her when she needs comforting and then when she finally breaks him down, he is sweet to her on a whole other realm.
~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~
Tania
What can I say? I'm a sucker for best friends to lover stories. Really quick read, finished it in like 20 minutes. Good for what it was.
Susie Sue
OK book to read in between reads. Nice story.
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
This was a cute short story about two friends who become lovers. Erin's boyfriends always break up with her right after they have sex. Erin thinks she's a bad lover so she recruits her best friend, and resident hottie, to help her out.

This was a really short story so it was a little hard to connect with the characters. I felt Erin was a little needy and whiny. Otherwise a cute story!
Melissa
OK so I finished this yesterday. Thank God....And I can't remember the story. That's how forgettable it was.
A.R. Von
Refreshingly delightful, fun, hot and intense read by Lynn LaFleur. Wonderfully written characters that anyone would be happy to meet in real life (especially Luke!)

It was great to see two such close friends develop into something much more. They were perfect together as friends and are now even better together as lovers.
Amelia
I'm gonna put it out there: I bought this book because of the cover :) The bonus was the wonderfully sweet and sexy story inside between Luke and Enid. I heart BFF-to-lovers stories, I do. So, this was a nice, sigh-and-swoon-worthy read :)
Jenn Herrick
Oh man wouldn't I love to have a hot friend like him and he can change my a/c any day. I think the cover about did me in along with the sweet details about him.
Jules
This story was a wonderful quick read and I wish it had been longer. I was enjoying it so much!
Jill
Jul 14, 2013 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
Really quick read, but I definitely enjoyed it. Read it again, still like it, quick short read.
Kj
This was okay for a short, sexy read.
Diana
Steamy friends to Lovers story. I really enjoyed this quick read
Jeanette Hornby
A short spicy read that I enjoyed from start to finish.
♥Trish♥
Great short and sexy read! Really enjoyed
Thekla
Great, short and very sexy read.
Kim Chappell
Short but intense and hot. Great read.
Kristen
wow, hot, sexy, romantic.......
Rustye
Hot, sexy, romantic read.
Benita

Very short but good
Kellie G.
Cute, sexy, short.
  • Beg for It
  • The Kiss
  • Closing the Deal (Wicked Warrens, #2)
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Riding West (Untamed #1)
  •  10 Ways To Steal Your Lover (Love by Numbers, #1)
  • Ink Spots (Simple Need, #3)
  • Build Me Up
  • A Bit Of Sass
  • White-Hot Christmas
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
  • Beauty and the Wolf
  • A Spanking for Valentine
  • BIG Temptation
  • The Ever Knight
  • Mr. Buff
  • Jillian's Job
190724
I was born and raised in a small town in Texas close to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Writing has been in my blood since I was eight years old and wrote my first story for an English assignment. The baby of four children, I was spoiled rotten and still am.

I can't imagine ever writing anything but romances. I enjoy writing about two people (or sometimes more than two) falling in love. If you like the...more
More about Lynn LaFleur...
Door Prize Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1) Scandal and Sin (Men with Tools, #1) Michelle's Men (Coopers' Companions, #2) Smokin' Hot (Firefighters of Lanville, TX, #1)