Start by marking “If You Dare - Rebut Aku Dengan Cintamu (MacCarrick Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
If You Dare - Rebut Aku Dengan Cintamu (MacCarrick Brothers, #1)

If You Dare - Rebut Aku Dengan Cintamu (MacCarrick Brothers #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  8,737 ratings  ·  379 reviews
Kresley Cole introduces a thrilling new romance trilogy featuring fierce Scottish brothers with dangerous lives, dark desires, and a deadly curse.

Can he exact revenge?

High in the Pyrenees, a band of mercenaries led by Courtland MacCarrick wages war for General Reynaldo Pascal. When Court turns on the evil general, Pascal orders him killed, but Court narrowly escapes and ex
Published October 3rd 2011 by Gagas Media (first published April 26th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about If You Dare - Rebut Aku Dengan Cintamu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Dare - Rebut Aku Dengan Cintamu

Laura the Highland Hussy
2.5
Wow, where to begin. Okay, obviously, at the beginning. If this book weren't written by Kresley Cole, one of my absolute favorite authors of all time, I would not have finished it. About page 65 or so, I hated the heroine's idiocy and thought our Alpha male hero was just a jackass rather than an Alpha.

I am glad I finished it because around page 250 or so I began to like the book. Why such the gap? I can't be sure, but I feel like our idiotic heroine and our jerk of a hero became two separate
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dec 19, 2010 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance fans and all Kresley Cole fans!
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Lady Leah *Silk Desire* Westcliff and Sam *Black Velvet*
WHAT EVERY GOOD HISTORICAL ROMANCE NEEDS:

- A virile and masculine hero who is incredibly dangerous, stubborn and a tease. Must be at least six feet plus (obviously). Add in battle scars and he becomes the sexiest man alive! CHECK!

- A strong and relatable heroine who is smart and can turn on the charm CHECK!

- Beautiful settings CHECK!

- Two bonus brothers who are equally, if not more , sexy than the hero. The reasoning here is that three is better than one! Duh. CHEECCK!

And most importantly,
- The
Iliada

What a lovely book!!! I loved, loved, loved this one!!!

I wanted to read a medieval historical romance with Highlanders, so I picked this one up, because it's written by Kresley Cole and I love her Immortals After Dark series. Well, this is not a medieval HR, lol. It is set in 1856, I don't know how I missed that, but I decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did!

If you read other reviews, you'll see that most readers didn't like the characters. It's true that they weren't the most likea
Juliana
Reminded me why I love romance - and romance heroes especially - oh so very much! (4.5 stars)

Wow. This book was an amazing read and came at just the time when I really needed an HR winner. I bought this book awhile ago, but just couldn't commit to reading it. I was convinced from some of the summaries that the heroine was a TSTL spoiled brat who would annoy me to no end and having never read Kresley Cole but knowing that she writes pretty sizzling stories, I was afraid it would be choc a bloc fu
Mojca
I hated the heroine in this one. Hated her! She was the worst heroine I've read about so far. Prejudiced, haughty, opinionated...The only saving grace was the obvious love she held for her brother, willing to do anything to save him, although that one safely landed her in the TSTL pile.

The entire book was a bit silly, if you ask me. The heroine kept ending up in one mess after another, and for a person so "educated" and of "so elevated rank", she didn't appear to have any brain cells at all.
The
Dina
I'd heard some "bad" things about the heroine of this book before I started reading it, so I was "prepared" to sigh and roll my eyesballs a lot while going through it. As it turned out, I only did it once! :) Yes, Annalía was obnoxious towards Court and did some stupid things, but I understood her reasons and, quite frankly, he was partly responsible for her acting like that.

Court wasn't one of the best heroes I've ever met either. I didn't really connect with him, and I thought he was quite dis
Leah
RJ
DNF @ 50%

I am having the worst luck with books these past couple weeks but this is another DNF.

Everyone just annoyed the crap out of me. The heroine is haughty and arrogant and it didn't annoy me as much as some other reviewers but she still isn't one of my favs.

The hero on the other hand...I felt like bitch slapping him multiple times

description

Gosh, so unbelievably rude, arrogant, and tactless. The h goes to him to ask for help since she just learned her brother has been kidnapped and he demands her bod
Carolyn F.
Danette had warned me this book was frustrating for the first half and boy was it. I wanted to strangle Anna! How many ways could Courtland try to be nice to her and her keep tricking him over and over. Then she FINALLY changes her mind. It was almost too little too late but the ending was very romantic and sweet which made up slightly for the first half, but only slightly. I like a little trepidation, but this was over the top.
Zeek
Good start to a series!

Deeply sensual, Cole writes a steamy romantic story! I wasn't sure at first what I thought about the hero of IYD, Courtland MacCarrick, as he came off stubborn, hard nosed and a bit of jerk. And too, Annalia Tristan Llorente, the heroine, seemed too proud and bound by societal stricture- I just wasn't sure how these two would ever get together.

But I soon found out they were more than they seemed, and that, as well as writing heated romantic scenes, the author knows how to
Keri
What a wonderful kick of to a awesome trilogy! Courtland MacCarrick is a cursed man. So maybe he has taken a few more chances than most men. But when he is rescued from a river by a beautiful golden haired maiden with a sexy spanish accent, his luck may be changing.

Annalia for her part wished she would have thrown the huge, shaggy headed Scot right back in the water. He proceeds to take over her life giving her all these demands, making her feel and want things that she knows is no good for her
Stacey
4 stars

I don't normally read any kind of romance unless there is a pretty strong paranormal element to the story. The only reason why I gave If You Dare a try is because it was penned by Kresley Cole. I was hoping this story would have the usual snark I've come to appreciate in Ms. Cole's characters. And I got it!

Courtland MacCarrick is a highland mercenary (who likes high lands)who just so happened to pick the wrong side of a fight. He's your typical arrogant, hot, head-strong, hot, tough-as-n
Catherine
I bought this book because I really enjoy Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. Someone recommended that I try the MacCarrick Brothers trilogy because it is supposedly some of her best historical work. If this is an example of her best historical work I'm definitely better off not reading anymore of them.

What was up with Anna in this story? Her personality was so grating and she did such stupid things. Through out most of the book she loathed Court. Now I can understand this as I found him
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
This was not my first Kresley Cole, but it was my first HR by her. And she didn’t disappoint. Almost immediately you could feel that special Cole something that she seems to be able to bring to all her books. Dare I say this was my first Highlander story – hmm....well -
ME LIKEY THE HIGHLANDERS!

This story had everything – yummy gruff highlander and two equally yummy brothers and a heroine that didn’t piss me off every other paragraph. FINALLY a woman who wanted her man.

I absolutely refuse to wri
Heather C
It took me a while to get into this one. It turned out to be really cute story. I was really confused about the curse and what it projected, but I think the MacCarricks didn't really understand it either. I plan to read the others in the series.
KatieV
I had read the last book in the trilogy - If You Deceive - due to seeing it rec'd over and over as a great revenge book. I did enjoy that one immensely but thought this one was almost as good.

I liked both the hero and the heroine. Although, at first, Court was a real ass.

He resented the fact that he was so attracted to a woman who was above his station and who showed him quite a bit of contempt. However, Annalia's contempt was very reasonable in my opinion.

Annalia had been raised in a very shel
Erin
4.5 STARS!!!

I've heard bad things about the Heroine,Annalía Llorente, and i can see why--AT THE BEGINNING.
Most complain she was 'self absorbed' and 'high and mighty' and i can say yes, she was, at the beginning-yet she (at the beginning, showed compassion toward her higlander guest, when she finds him injured beside a river, she carry's him with the help of her trusty sted aka a small pony Ilamba(Correct me if the spellings wrong).
She GROWS as a human being and some of the reviewers seemed to h
Nicci
Liam called out in a bored tone, "Court, there's a pitchfork rebellion here to see you."
"What?"
"A collection of doddering old men, torches, and farm tools. I fear for our safety and advise fleeing posthaste."

Despite some very funny lines, this isn't a very good story. The character developement is poor and they are hard to relate to. This curse nonsense isn't properly explained and is all in all just odd. This story lacks flow or key scenes to keep the readers interest. The above quote did have
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
I have read all Kresley Coles paranormal romance books (which I loved) so decided to read her historical books, and I was not dissappointed.

I really liked the main characters in the book, Courtland and Annalia. I know that alot of people don't seem to like her, but I thought she was funny and interesting. Although she was aloof and snobby and had a prejudice against Highlanders, I think that it was understandable giving her circumstances. I thought some of teh best scenes in teh book was when sh
Lelyana
Katie
Points given for the unusual plot, setting, and smart-ish heroine.

Alas, nothing particularly special or memorable. It wasn't light or lovable enough to comparable to Julie garwood or Amanda quick...

Nor was it dense and enthralling enough as say, Judith McNaught.

Instead it was in a murky place between the two, that I just didn't find all that enjoyable.

But, if you're in the mood for a sexy highlander in exotic locations, go for it. This just wasn't a favorite of mine.
Natasha
I'm in love with the MacCarrick Brothers!
I first read Ethan's story, which is the third and final novel in the MacCarrick brothers trilogy and was amazed that I went this long without reading it. Although I love all the brothers, my favorite is Ethan. *swoons* Okay enough of him. I have to talk about another thumbs up love story.
Courtland 'aka Court', was if possible even more brutally honest and unpolished. That's not his usual way with woman, but Annalía just brings it out in him. He feels s
Jess
Courtland MacCarrick is nothing but a highlander who is dangerous.. well at least that's what Lady Annalía Tristán Llorente eventually tells herself. But when she first finds Courtland lying next to the riverbank bloodied and injured she can't help but get him back to her house so that she could take care of him. However, once he wakes up she instantly regrets that decision.

Courtland is cold to her and takes over her house. Annalia is prejudiced of all highlanders, because she has been told that
Gyn
Well, I thought Kresley Cole writing about Valkyrie and Demons and Werewolves was Oh My! Then I picked up If You Dare and lemme tell you...Kresley Cole writing about kilt wearing Scottish brothers is Oh My My! This is the first book in a series about the Scottish MacCarrick brothers. Courtland MacCarrick has lead a violent mercenary lifestyle that has culminated in his being badly beaten and washing up along a riverbank where Annalia, a seemingly demure noblewoman, finds him and takes him in.

Th
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Being a HUGE fan of Cole's Immortals After Dark series, I wanted to try something else by her and this trilogy seemed like the best place to start. Set in the 1850s, each follows a different MacCarrick brother in their escapades and love adventures. To create hardened men of them, Cole introduced that old trope, the family curse.

The curse states that the three brothers - Ethan, Hugh and Courtland - cannot marry or have children, and the death of the eldest brother's fiancée seems to have proven
Monica
I am so utterly disappointed by this book I LOVE Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series, but this series, OMG, I can’t even keep reading the first book, and I have read some bad books. The plot line seems forced, not only is an evil general after the two lead character but the lead male is cursed and the lead female doesn’t like him. Oh wait, after about half way through the book, she immediately and very oddly changes her mind after staying with him in the same bed overnight, drunk, at that ...more
Gaijinmama
Sep 24, 2009 Gaijinmama rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gaijinmama by: Gigi's Company group read
Shelves: fiction
Allright, I confess I haven't read a bona fide Smut Novel for quite some time. The genre seems to have come a long way since I swore off them! This was a good one. Yes, breasts heave and bodices are ripped, but the author also did a bit of homework in both history and languages. She does love scenes pretty realistically too, and makes sure Our Heroine is ...ahem...pleased, in a believable and pretty darn hot way.
Wouldn't have minded a few more of those scenes, in fact.

Altogether, a fun read. The
Lauraadriana
It took me a bit to get into this book...but once I did I really liked it. This book is about Courtland and Anna. Courtland is a mercenary that has fallen into trouble with the general that has hired him to fight in a small country name Andorra. Anna is a rich aristocrat from Andorra who fins Courtland left for dead and takes him home to help...despite the fact that he is a 'terrifying Scot'. They get in other's nerves, there's an abduction, they fall in love. Rub is...Courtland and his two brot ...more
Shay
I liked this one!

It was like reading one of Cole's Immortals After Dark books, only replace the werewolf with a hot cursed Scot highlander, The Volkarie with a spoiled Spanish virgin brat and the evil vamps with a cruel general.
Other then that, it was a typical Cole romance: lovely characters, wonderful adventure, snapy dialogs and hot steamy sex.
Whats not to like!

Thats a good way to pass the time until the next IAD novel comes out!

On a personal note,
Cole did the impossible with this one, she ma
Cristina
Second time reading it. What can I say? These brothers are hot and I enjoyed them greatly.
what do i read?? 2 3 Apr 22, 2015 06:02PM
Immortals After Dark: MacCarrick series 9 54 Mar 07, 2013 01:25AM
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1)
  • The Chieftain (Return of the Highlanders, #4)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • The Warrior (Brotherhood/MacAllister Series, #7)
  • How to Abduct a Highland Lord (MacLean Curse, #1)
  • The Hellion and the Highlander (Devil of the Highlands, #3)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

MacCarrick Brothers (3 books)
  • If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)

“Now you're just being silly. He's a mercenary- he's not going to go about penning love letters, and really, what would he write? 'Anna...love you...grrr?'" Olivia to Annalia” 85 likes
“She weighed no more than a feather as he lifted her, but he teased her, saying, "You weigh more than you look."
"You are weaker than you look," she immediately whispered.”
20 likes