Start by marking “Ask Amy Green: Summer Secrets” as Want to Read:
Ask Amy Green: Summer Secrets

Ask Amy Green: Summer Secrets (Ask Amy Green #2)

Amy is trapped in family vacation hell- until she and Clover, her teenage aunt, get a chance to interview a hot U.S. movie star with a secret.

Could this summer be any worse? Thirteen-year-old Amy’s dreamy boyfriend, Seth, is off to Rome, while she gets to spend two weeks on a tiny Irish island with a nagging mom and a neurotic aunt locked in a feud, not to mention a craz

Published April 10th 2012 by Candlewick (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ask Amy Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Amy Green

Aug 29, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I've ever read. I love the way Sarah Webb creates the Lough Ine village and house on the island as in real life there is just a small pier and no shops or pubs to be seen! I can relate to the story because my Dad is from just up 'the road' and attended Lough Ine School when it was open (a lonnnnnnng time ago) and I know all the places she talks about in the story. I love the Amy Green books anyways!
Sunday Cummins
May 20, 2011 Sunday Cummins rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Is it me or should a thirteen year old girl NOT be on a beach making out with her boyfriend (thanks to "comprehensive kissing lessons" from her 17-year-old cousin Clover) in the first chapter of this book? Just the description - "I put one lege on either side of his and sit on his lap; then, leaning forward I tilt my head a little. Our lips connect. Zing! kThere goes the elctricity again, radiating out from my lips; within seconds, my whole body feels tingly. I open my mouth a bit and feel the w ...more
Anne
Feb 22, 2010 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I am well past my teenage years, I enjoyed this story of Amy Green and her quirky aunt Clover and I think it would especially appeal to girls aged from 12 to 16.

It is well written and covers some very topical subjects that most teenage girls will relate to - from parent's separation, boyfriend trouble to arguing with Mum and fashion.

This is a down to earth read, realistic problems and well rounded characters who have their faults yet are believable and likeable.

An enjoyable read that I
Jessica Tilley
Oct 22, 2014 Jessica Tilley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-secrets
its a really good book.i have one of these books a my high school and they have lots of sarah webs books there and I enjoy reading them
Joana234
Oct 19, 2014 Joana234 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love all amy green books.the first one is the best.
Jessica O shea
Oct 13, 2014 Jessica O shea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much! It's really funny,dramatic,exciting love it so much 10/10! :)
Britney Omie
so awesome gramps almost got killed
Poppy
Aug 08, 2013 Poppy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book !!
Nancy H
This is a cute and quick read for younger teens about 13 -year-old Amy, a girl in Ireland whose family goes to an island for the summer. Clover, her older journalist cousin comes along, which makes it more fun Amy. There is a lot happening in the plot: Amy meets a new boy, has to decide whether or not to keep the boyfriend who gone to Italy, gets her first period, plays matchmaker for her grandfather, goes to an interview in Miami with her cousin, saves her brother from drowning - almost too muc ...more
Peggy
Dec 28, 2011 Peggy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It has been quite awhile since I experienced teen girl angst over boys, clothes, social status, etc., and I am not particularly anxious to re-live that stage, so this book was not really my style, but I think it is a fun book for teen girls. The author is from Ireland, and seeing the different uses of words was fun. It is pretty shallow but does capture a lot of the physical and emotional upheaval in a young girl's life.
Stephanie
The book Ask Amy Green is great.I believe that this book would have text to self because i can really relate to this book. I'm sure many people can. My life is preety much the same comparing to this girls life. I understand how she feels and it just really compares twards my life .It's a very good book and i really enjoyed reading it.
Melissa
Amy is a cute character with a quirky family in a completely improbable set of circumstances. (Feel free to stick a fantasy sticker on this one). While it's a quick and painless read, there are loads of cute and zippy stories out there -- no real reason to choose this one over the others. It it's the only thing on the shelf, pick it up. Otherwise, keep browsing.
Vicky
Oct 10, 2012 Vicky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in sixth class and upper
I thought it was v.funny and it cleverly illustrated the ups and downs of teen life. I am in secondary school now, first year and can relate to Amy in a lot of ways. So well done Sarah Webb 10/10 as usual
librarianh20
I started listening to Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging while I was reading this, and I am sad to say Amy is nowhere near as funny as Georgia. But the Amy Green series is fun, heart-warming, and delightfully age-appropriate.
Yapha
Jan 19, 2011 Yapha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I probably would have liked it more if I had read the first one, but it is a fun read. Perfect summer novel for middle-school girls, it has a little of everything -- boyfriends, break-ups, crushes, movie stars, and Jimmy Choos.

ARC provided by publisher
Sam
Nov 12, 2012 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-library

I just finished listening to the audio of this book! It was so great! I can't get their Irish accents out of my head. :) This makes me especially happy because with the first book I was having trouble with that. But now I feel as if the characters are my friends.
Carly
The main character's actions are too mature for her age. I hope my daughter doesn't act like this when she's 13. The story in general is fun though.
Margie
Jul 29, 2013 Margie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just plain fun is the best way to describe this sequel to the author's first Amy Green title. Girls in grades 6 - 9 will find this a wonderful romp.
Raine
Raine rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Min
Min rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
Swathi
Swathi rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2011
Faye Oliver
Faye Oliver rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Arielle
Arielle rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
S.J. Hitchcock
S.J. Hitchcock rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Sammi Yorn
Sammi Yorn rated it really liked it
May 17, 2011
Erin Rebecca
Erin Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Nikka
Nikka rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2013
Ally
Ally rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2011
  • Twisted Sisters (Aspen Brooks, #2)
  • The Great War: Stories Inspired by Items from the First World War
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi
  • Worth the Fall (Brew Ha Ha #2)
  • Mask Appeal (Cinderella Cleaners, #4)
  • Ottoline at Sea (Ottoline, #3)
  • Put on Your Crown: Life-Changing Moments on the Path to Queendom
  • All That's Missing
  • Puppy Love (First Kisses, #3)
  • Confederates Don't Wear Couture (Pilgrims, #2)
  • It Had to Be You (First Kisses, #4)
  • Mimi
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)
  • Tapas & Tears
  • On the Blue Comet
  • The Titanic: An Interactive History Adventure
  • Pink Chameleon (Silk Sisters, #1)
  • A Moment Comes
196440
Sarah Webb has written ten bestselling novels for adults including "Always the Bridesmaid", "The Shoestring Club", and "The Memory Box", Her books have been published in many different countries including the US, Poland, Italy and Indonesia. She has also written many children"s books, has contributed short stories to several collections including "Moments", and has compiled and edited two charity ...more
More about Sarah Webb...

Ask Amy Green (6 books)
  • Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble
  • Ask Amy Green: Bridesmaid Blitz
  • Ask Amy Green: Love and Other Drama-Ramas!
  • Ask Amy Green: Dancing Daze