Start by marking “Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)” as Want to Read:
Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)

Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  15 reviews

Readers will delight in this warmhearted novel by bestselling author Jerry Eicher (more than 350,000 books sold), a former Amish man, who writes with authenticity and compassion about the people he grew up with.

Susan Hostetler a young Amish woman who had left her community for life in the outside world, returns home to her family with her English friend, Teresa Long, and T

Published May 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Following Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Following Your Heart

Carolyn E
I enjoyed this story, as I have all of Jerry S. Eicher's books that I have read. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series, Where Love Grows.

I am also looking forward to reading the first book in Eicher's new series, The Beiler Sisters, entitled Holding a Tender Heart. The second book in this series, Seeing Your Face Again, is scheduled for release on June 1, 2014.
Tina
Jerry S. Eicher has left me wondering what is going to happen in "Where Love Grows" with Teresa Long and her fatherless son, the Englisha girl that home home with Susan Hostetler, to learn the Amish ways.

With the Deacon and ministers being strict on Teresa, she is accepting of the ministers ruling of her, but not mentioning her newborn son, the Hostetler's take him to church. Then something and or someone comes along and see that changes are made so that Teresa can better her faith. Is everyone...more
Karen
Susan Hostetler has returned to her Amish community and has brought her Englisha friend, Teresa Long, with her. Teresa had a baby, Samuel, out of wedlock and is desperate for Samuel to be raised in the godly Amish community her friend was raised in.

The girls are not home for long when Deacon Ray hears about the unwed woman with a baby living with the Hostetlers'. Concerned that the young people in the community will be lead down the wrong path, he bans Teresa from attending church services. In t...more
Title: FOLLOWING YOUR HEART
Author: Jerry S. Eicher
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
May 2012
ISBN: 978-0736944786
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Susan Hostetler returns to her Amish roots bringing along single mom, Teresa Long and her newborn son Samuel. Teresa has hopes of raising her son in the Amish faith. Teresa is really down on herself and seems to think she deserves the bad things in life—even a potential marriage to an elderly man. Anything, to give her son a good Amish life.

Susan’s parents a...more
Rhonda
Review of Following Your Heart, Book 2 in Fields of Home series

By Jerry Eicher

What an exciting book! I was so sad when Missing Your Smile ended as I was anxious to find out what was going to happen to Susan Hostetler and Teresa Long when they returned to Susan's Amish home in Indiana. I was not disappointed in the book, but was surprised and upset when Deacon Ray banned Teresa from attending the church services or interacting with the Amish community. At least, he didn't say that Anna and Menno...more
Judy
Following Your Heart - The Story Continues!

This is a continuing story of Susan Hostetler and her Englisha friend, Teresa Long. Susan has returned home bringing Teresa her friend from the outside world and Teresa’s baby Samuel with her.

When Teresa told her boyfriend she was having his baby he wanted no part of her unless she got rid of the baby. Wanting to give her baby a chance and to get out of the situation she was living in and completely away from her boyfriend Teresa convinced Susan to let...more
Margaret Fraleigh
Last night I finished this book = #2 in the Fields of Home Series. It was just as good as the
first book and I can't wait to start the last book in this trilogy tonight. Looking forard to the
conclusion of this story line.
Debbie
I finished "Following Your Heart" by Jerry Eicher. It gets 5 stars. It is the second book in the Fields Of Home Series. Susan (Amish) and Teresa (English) return to the Amish community so that Samuel, Teresa's baby born out of wedlock can be raised Amish and then decides she wants to be Amish too but must agreed to marry Yost Byler first. But James the bishop's son has other ideals. And Thomas is still trying to win Susan back after she saw him kissing another girl after the Sunday singing!
Rena Holcomb
Very enjoyable book full of twists and turns, another complex look at the simple life of the Amish community and a young Englisha woman, Teresa Long, whose greatest desire is to live among them and to raise her illegitimate son, Samuel, Amish. Her friend, Susan Hostetler is very present in this story and readers should enjoy the moves and surprises concerning both Teresa and Susan’s lives.
Martha Valasek
I was surprised to find out that this story was written by a man who had grown up in an Amish home. It is also unique in that a single mother with her child from our culture wants to become a member of the Amish community. The story deals with acceptance of those who have had problems in their past.
Mary Oddi O'Brien
**I received this book from Harvest House Publishers through NetGalley. I am not required to give a positive review, just an honest one. This review will be posted to Amazon, Goodreads, and my personal blog at the appropriate time**

Look for my review to come soon!
Kathryn
This book was okay. I paid $2.99 for it, so that was a reasonable price... I would not pay the $8.57 for it that its currently listed at. I did not read book 1 in the series, and it probably would have helped me understand the plot in this book more if I had.
Susan
Excellent. Planning to go back and read the first in this series. And really looking forward to the third book.
Teresa
Loved it as always !
PWRL
Feb 25, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Reba
Reba marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jerry Eicher’s bestselling Amish fiction (more than 210,000 in combined sales) includes The Adams County Trilogy, the Hannah’s Heart books, and the Little Valley Series. After a traditional Amish childhood, Jerry taught for two terms in Amish and Mennonite schools in Ohio and Illinois. Since then he’s been involved in church renewal, preaching, and teaching Bible studies. Jerry lives with his wife...more
More about Jerry S. Eicher...
Rebecca's Promise (Adams County #1) A Wedding Quilt for Ella (Little Valley, #1) Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1) Missing Your Smile (Fields Of Home, #1) Ella's Wish (Little Valley, #2)