Start by marking “Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)” as Want to Read:
Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)

Following Your Heart (Fields Of Home #2)

Readers will delight in this warmhearted novel by bestselling author Jerry Eicher (more than 350,000 books sold), a former Amish man, who writes with authenticity and compassion about the people he grew up with.

Susan Hostetler a young Amish woman who had left her community for life in the outside world, returns home to her family with her English friend, Teresa Long, and T

Published May 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Following Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Following Your Heart

Rhonda
May 28, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Review of Following Your Heart, Book 2 in Fields of Home series

By Jerry Eicher

What an exciting book! I was so sad when Missing Your Smile ended as I was anxious to find out what was going to happen to Susan Hostetler and Teresa Long when they returned to Susan's Amish home in Indiana. I was not disappointed in the book, but was surprised and upset when Deacon Ray banned Teresa from attending the church services or interacting with the Amish community. At least, he didn't say that Anna and Menno
Judy
Apr 26, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Following Your Heart - The Story Continues!

This is a continuing story of Susan Hostetler and her Englisha friend, Teresa Long. Susan has returned home bringing Teresa her friend from the outside world and Teresa’s baby Samuel with her.

When Teresa told her boyfriend she was having his baby he wanted no part of her unless she got rid of the baby. Wanting to give her baby a chance and to get out of the situation she was living in and completely away from her boyfriend Teresa convinced Susan to let
Tina Watson
Jan 12, 2012 Tina Watson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
Jerry S. Eicher has left me wondering what is going to happen in "Where Love Grows" with Teresa Long and her fatherless son, the Englisha girl that home home with Susan Hostetler, to learn the Amish ways.

With the Deacon and ministers being strict on Teresa, she is accepting of the ministers ruling of her, but not mentioning her newborn son, the Hostetler's take him to church. Then something and or someone comes along and see that changes are made so that Teresa can better her faith. Is everyone
Jul 27, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: FOLLOWING YOUR HEART
Author: Jerry S. Eicher
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
May 2012
ISBN: 978-0736944786
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Susan Hostetler returns to her Amish roots bringing along single mom, Teresa Long and her newborn son Samuel. Teresa has hopes of raising her son in the Amish faith. Teresa is really down on herself and seems to think she deserves the bad things in life—even a potential marriage to an elderly man. Anything, to give her son a good Amish life.

Susan’s parents a
Carolyn E
May 07, 2014 Carolyn E rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story, as I have all of Jerry S. Eicher's books that I have read. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series, Where Love Grows.

I am also looking forward to reading the first book in Eicher's new series, The Beiler Sisters, entitled Holding a Tender Heart. The second book in this series, Seeing Your Face Again, is scheduled for release on June 1, 2014.
Sandra Stiles
Jun 26, 2015 Sandra Stiles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult, amish
This is the second book in the series. In this book Susan takes Teresa and her son Samuel back home with her where Susan's parents welcome her. Unfortunately not does. The Deacon has forbid her to attend the church. I think this more than anything else ticked me off. You want to bring people to God but you aren't part of our church so find God somewhere else. That is how I felt about the Deacon. I found it aggravating that Thomas would be so petty when he can't get Susan to come back to him that ...more
Pamela
Apr 19, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-read-2015
Series Fields of Home #2

We often get the perception from Amish fiction that they are all good people, close to perfect, with few imperfections other than strict adherence to their dogma called the Ordnung. Eicher makes his characters and their communities much more human and even has them denying their perfection.

The intrigue and behind the scenes plotting and gossip of this story is better than Desparate Housewives!
Debbie
Sep 06, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing
I finished "Following Your Heart" by Jerry Eicher. It gets 5 stars. It is the second book in the Fields Of Home Series. Susan (Amish) and Teresa (English) return to the Amish community so that Samuel, Teresa's baby born out of wedlock can be raised Amish and then decides she wants to be Amish too but must agreed to marry Yost Byler first. But James the bishop's son has other ideals. And Thomas is still trying to win Susan back after she saw him kissing another girl after the Sunday singing!
Martha Valasek
I was surprised to find out that this story was written by a man who had grown up in an Amish home. It is also unique in that a single mother with her child from our culture wants to become a member of the Amish community. The story deals with acceptance of those who have had problems in their past.
Rena Holcomb
Jun 23, 2012 Rena Holcomb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2012
Very enjoyable book full of twists and turns, another complex look at the simple life of the Amish community and a young Englisha woman, Teresa Long, whose greatest desire is to live among them and to raise her illegitimate son, Samuel, Amish. Her friend, Susan Hostetler is very present in this story and readers should enjoy the moves and surprises concerning both Teresa and Susan’s lives.
Margaret Fraleigh
Jul 10, 2014 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
Last night I finished this book = #2 in the Fields of Home Series. It was just as good as the
first book and I can't wait to start the last book in this trilogy tonight. Looking forard to the
conclusion of this story line.
Mary  O'Brien
Feb 13, 2012 Mary O'Brien rated it it was amazing
**I received this book from Harvest House Publishers through NetGalley. I am not required to give a positive review, just an honest one. This review will be posted to Amazon, Goodreads, and my personal blog at the appropriate time**

Look for my review to come soon!
Kathryn
Jan 04, 2013 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2013-books
This book was okay. I paid $2.99 for it, so that was a reasonable price... I would not pay the $8.57 for it that its currently listed at. I did not read book 1 in the series, and it probably would have helped me understand the plot in this book more if I had.
Sue Klasing
Great story and not the same ole same ole plot.
Kaye
2.5**
Susan
Nov 02, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Planning to go back and read the first in this series. And really looking forward to the third book.
Lydia
Lydia rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2012
Cheryl Abar
Cheryl Abar rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Robbi
Robbi rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Teresa Corbin
Teresa Corbin rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Ladette
Ladette rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2012
Cheryl Hall
Cheryl Hall rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2013
PWRL
Feb 25, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2017
Linda Dorr
Linda Dorr rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Stephanie McGuire
Stephanie McGuire rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Virginia Improta
Virginia Improta rated it did not like it
Apr 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Wild Horses (Sadie's Montana, #1)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • Healing Love (Amish Of Webster County #1)
  • Hannah's Joy (Pleasant Valley, #6)
  • The Search (The Secrets of Crittenden County #2)
  • The Heart's Frontier (The Amish of Apple Grove, #1)
  • Treasuring Emma (Middlefield Family, #1)
  • Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • Plain Paradise (Daughters of the Promise, #4)
  • Fields of Corn (Amish of Lancaster #1)
  • A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1)
  • The Amish Bride (Women of Lancaster County #3)
Jerry Eicher’s bestselling Amish fiction (more than 210,000 in combined sales) includes The Adams County Trilogy, the Hannah’s Heart books, and the Little Valley Series. After a traditional Amish childhood, Jerry taught for two terms in Amish and Mennonite schools in Ohio and Illinois. Since then he’s been involved in church renewal, preaching, and teaching Bible studies. Jerry lives with his wife ...more
More about Jerry S. Eicher...

Fields Of Home (3 books)
  • Missing Your Smile (Fields Of Home, #1)
  • Where Love Grows (Fields Of Home #3)