Start by marking “The Breaker's Concubine” as Want to Read:
The Breaker's Concubine

The Breaker's Concubine

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  547 ratings  ·  100 reviews
Genre: BDSM Futuristic Fantasy/Science Fiction

Prince Devnar of Jensia is goaded into raiding the wrong space ship, springing a trap that captures him for use as a Royal pleasure slave, a Concubine, on Kyrimia. He vows to do everything he can to escape and keep from forming a psychic bond with his captors that would render him absolutely and totally in love. This proves dif
Published October 3rd 2011 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Breaker's Concubine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Breaker's Concubine

Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten)
This was by far the sexiest, hottest, and flat out just the most fun I have had reading in a very long time. Ok, I might have stuttered a bit there. This was the hottest book I have read this year! And I have read some hot fiction. I’m one of those women that doesn’t mind her erotic fiction, actually erotic! I don’t beat around the bush. If I am going to read sex in my fiction, I want to have an orgasm along with the heroine. And I think I had multiple orgasms while reading this story. And it wa ...more
Veronica~Nhaughty
F*ck Me is this book HAWT!! I've found me a new fav author, and foresee my VISA taking a hit this afternoon!

Prince Devnar and Melania's story is verra steamy...Devnar is captured and turned over to his Mistress Melania to be taught all the pleasures of the flesh...how to serve and attend his mistress. What Melania doesn't realize is once bonded to Devnar, his love making is verra addictive...I highly recommend this one!!

Fav quotes/scenes:

"You are mine to play with," she whispered against his che
Becs
Wow – for something that’s touted as a short story, this really doesn’t feel short. There’ s a whole fantasy universe created here that’s very well fleshed out and great depth is given to the characters despite the brevity of the tale. I definitely felt like I’d read a full-length novel by the time I clicked my Kindle over to the last page. In fact, I felt a little bereft and I want more stories of this world and to see Devnar and Melania as their life together progresses.

I have to say that I pi
Isa K.
This book is not quite as advertised. I was expecting a strong woman bringing a man to his knees sort of thing. When I found out that the woman in question wasn't going to be a crazy man hating dom but a gentle torture-them-with-pleasure type I was even more intrigued, but that's not quite accurate either. Instead Devnar and Melania are a very typical strong, aggressive, dominate manly-man and feminine somewhat helpless damsel. They are both extremely likable characters and I really enjoyed some ...more
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
HOLY COW! I just finished this in one reading. My review will be forthcoming once it is approved. All I can say is, "Buy this book. DO NOT WAIT. BUY IT NOW AND READ IT!" My FAVOURITE book from Ms. Mayburn to date.

UPDATE OFFICIAL REVIEW
The Romance Review

Males sharing one female with addictive tasting male come. An entire race on a planet where men can push out pheromones to control those addicted to their taste. On top of this, a warrior prince of this realm is betrayed and forced into sexual servitude. This is,
Stella
The story of how I became interested in The Breaker's Concubine is the usual one: first it was a glimpse of the gorgeous cover which grabbed my eye, then I read the blurb which further whet my appetite, and then when I read Susi's review over at Book Lovers Inc. I knew my interest just became obsession and I had to read it. Well dear readers I am here to report that my obsession was well warranted! The Breaker's Concubine is an enthralling and very steamy story you shouldn't miss!

As you can see
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Holy hell that was hot!!!

Mayburn creates an interesting world that grabbed my attention. Some parts were a little hard to follow, but in whole, the science fiction aspect of it worked really well. I liked the elements of the royal houses and all the politics.

But for me, it was the smut that stood out for me. At first I was hesitant because some of the things they do in this book is soooo dirty, it's bad. But I think that's also why it's so hot. A lot of it is forbidden so it adds that dark desir
WildAboutBones
Great characters, great story and steaming hot scenes fill the pages of this erotic Sci-Fi romance. And what a sexy cover — yum!

If you haven't read any of Ann Mayburn's stories, you are missing out on intriguing characters, great plots and usually some steamy scenes.

Prince Devnar Haylen is a Jensian ship's captain and warrior whose home planet is desperate for women since only one in 20 births is female, polygamy and bisexuality are the norm and nature has worked its magic so the men have evolv
Jen4607
Another great story by Ann Mayburn. I thought this book was fantastic!
Smith Barney
No ass breaking here on either end. But the cover is art.

IDK. Perhaps ass-broaching begins later in the story. But I was seeking quality femdom m/m action with a strong female lead. I abandoned my search 35% into the story at the onset of neither.

It wasn't the story's intent but the beginning imagery of cock-led-air-humping men triggered by female scent to a mindless-rutting-pelvic-thrusting-persuasion..had me laughing.

Who needs weapons of mass destruction when a little pussy power breaks the
Okay, this books is one of the most extensive short-reads I think I've ever read. There is a ton of story in this book... the world that the author paints is massive. There isn't a single 'of' spared in the telling of this story... if it's in there, it's needed.

For a lot of scify books the author really has to do a lot of world building to get the reader's mind correctly placed for the tale they wish to weave. If not done well, the char building and even the story can get lost in the facts of t
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
Been on my list for a long time and just picked it out at random last night. Stayed up way too late reading and finished it up today. I can't believe I waited this long to read it.

Hot, Hot, Hot. I hope there are more stories in this world.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Okay.. Nope. I didn't like this one. It had some racy, erotic scenes here and there, but that's about it.

I didn't believe the bond/love with the 2 main characters at all. And it's kind of hard to accept that there is love & devotion there, when you're still sharing your bed with someone else.

The way this one started, I was under the impression that this was going to be a great fantasy/sci-fi/erotic romance. But the plot fell flat for me. Way flat.

And I don't like for how majority of the boo
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Wonderful. Great world building and awesome characters. I certainly hope we get more books in this world! A really versatile author - who can seriously write!
Wendy
Fantastic! Love, love, love!
Heather in FL
This isn't my first Ann Mayburn read, but this one was so very different from the other one I read. This one was really good as well. So imaginative. The author said there will be more from this world, so I look forward to them. I don't read much sci-fi, or interplanetary love, or whatever you want to call this. It was a group read, which is why I read it, but it was really a good story.

It's always interesting to me to read stories where men are attracted to men and women, gender doesn't matter.
Susi
The Breaker's Concubine is a very erotic but also controversial novel. It touches topics which are, at least for me, hard to swallow but it also offers an erotic tale of love and finding your mate. We also have politcal intrigues, prejudices and social systems that will make you shake your head till it nearly falls off. But let me start at the beginning.

Devnar is the prince of his world and a warrior at heart. When he finds himself as a slave intended to become the concubine of the queen on a fo
Marita Hansen
You couldn't get hotter than this book. Even J.R.Ward and Gena Showalter need to take lessons from Ann Mayburn. Plus, this wasn't just about how hot the story was (and yes, I'm pleased to say the cover matches the tale) this book also has fantastic characters from the mouth-watering Devnar to the horrible villain Lady Grenba. I also really like Melania and Khilam, and was most intrigued with where Ikel's tattoo was placed, *grinning.* All up, the characters played their roles to perfection, and ...more
Karen **Mrs. Northman**
5 fantastic, sparkly stars!!!

Ok first of all, let's address this cover, mmkay? Holy hotness. Guh. I pictured Devnar like this everytime Melania told him to "Attend".

This book was AMAZING, especially for being only 126 pages. So much character development, emotion, AND hot sex. Can't forget the hot sex. I was simultaneously dreading and anticipating the end of the book---I want more of them!!

But throughout it all, this quote really stuck with me: "After a lifetime of never being good enough, bea
Gracen Miller
Loved this book. It was hot and sensual. The story line was unique and different and kept me pulled in from page one. I'd planned to only read a few chapters when I started this book, but was instantly sucked into the story and couldn't put it down. So I ended up reading it in one sitting. I'm impressed with Ann Mayburn's creativity. She's a talented writer and I'm eager to read more by her.
Dee Wy
My first Ann Mayburn read and it was so very good. I was so annoyed each time real life pulled me away from the story. I'm a fan of slave/captive stories and this one was among the best I've read. Great character and world building with an absorbing plot, not to mention an HEA and a beautiful cover. Wonderful!

Highly recommend.
Kathleen
3.5 Stars

I think maybe I was just not in the mood for this type of book. I liked it ok but I found myself skimming over parts. This book was very HOT but I just could not get into the story. Don't let this stop you from trying this book, if it sounds good to you then by all means try it.
Kimberly
I loved absolutely everything about this book. Sci/fi, romance, mystery, intrigue, D's, action, and oh yeah, really hot sex! M/f and M/M/F! Awesome! Can't wait to read more about this wonderful world. And I hope that Khiliam gets to be a permanent part of Devnar's and Melania's mating. ;)
Aura
Delicious.

Melania and Devnar absolutely sizzle through this sci-fi novella!

Melania has spent her whole life considered "ugly" by her people. She is valued as a Breaker, a trainer that teaches shy and reluctant Novices what they need to become Concubines. She is confident, sensual, strong, and experienced.

Devnar is a prince of his planet. Trapped by enemies with unknown motives, he finds himself being turned over to Melania for training as a pleasure slave,. He swears that no matter how they for
Lisa
Very hot, 10 different kinds of kinky and a fun story to top it off. Makes me remember why I like smut so much.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

I really enjoyed this book. Ann Mayburn did an excellent job of writing an erotic sci-fi story that is fairly balanced between the erotic and the science-fiction elements. In the first few pages I was worried that it was going to be one of those books that is mostly about the sex and not too much plot but that was dispelled fairly quickly. There was enough story line in the world building to catch my interest for future books set in this world. Considering this book was only 116
Coral
I'll admit it. The cover got me. I'm not too proud to say it.

Quite often when I read erotic stories I'm underwhelmed with the plot. I mean I understand that it isn't supposed to be plot heavy, because that's not the point, but I like to have some reason for the story to exist beyond the sex. In this regard, The Breaker's Concubine is more fulfilling than most. Maybe it's because I'm craving Sci-Fi lately, but I really enjoyed the political space intrigue aspect of this story.

The other point I f
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
4 1/2 stars!

The Breaker’s Concubine is not an easy read. There are some very uncomfortable occasions in the book that detail cruelty and pain beyond a point that I can honestly say that I enjoyed reading. I had to ask myself if I was unhappy with the book at those moments because of poor writing, plot holes, characters behaving OOC, or was I upset because of the subject matter. The answer came as I continued reading and the characters mirrored my own emotions and answered for me, bringing me bac
Angela
I have found a new Favorite Author! I loved this book. I picked it up and could not put it down! I got sucked in and felt Melania struggle to be who she truly felt she was inside while maintaining outwardly her position/persona so as not to jeopardize herself and those around her who depended on her. Melania put one foot in front of the other rising above her unfortunate birth rite with her tough, no nonsense self discipline. Meanwhile helping those around her in her own way. Then comes along a ...more
The Erotic SciFi ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Spring group reads-closed 2 23 May 02, 2012 10:58PM
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Heat
  • Iron Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #1)
  • Slave World
  • Lovely Wicked
  • The Starlight Rite
  • Tribute
  • Belle Starr
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps, # 2)
  • Imprinted
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Pam-Ann
  • Concubine
  • Light Switch
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword #1)
  • Private Investigations
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • In Service
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn...
Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1) My Wicked Valentine (Club Wicked, #1) My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2) Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #1) Still (Long Slow Tease, #1)

“No need to draw any more attention to him than being a naked man on a leash already did.” 1 likes