Start by marking “GRE for Dummies” as Want to Read:
GRE for Dummies

GRE for Dummies

Sharpen your GRE test-taking skills with this updated and expanded premier guide with online links to BONUS tests and study aids Are you anxious about taking the GRE yet eager to get into the graduate school of your dreams? GRE For Dummies, Premier Edition is a hands-on guide that gives you everything you need to excel in every area of the exam -- verbal reasoning, quantit ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by For Dummies (first published December 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about GRE for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GRE for Dummies

Punita
Mar 25, 2012 Punita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently studying for the GRE and this book does a really good job at explaining some of that high school algebra that you thought you would never use and other skills that have been lost if you have not accessed that part of your brain. Needless to say....a few chapters in, and I'm already acing the sections that I was FAILING a month ago on the practice tests....if anyone wants it for half price or to trade for another book...i will be done with it in June, I will mail it to you.
Jennie Hanna
Mar 17, 2013 Jennie Hanna rated it really liked it
This was an excellent resource for studying. After being so devoid of academic math for more than a decade, this presented that entire section in an honest and straight-forward way.

The verbal section was also wonderful and gave some great tips and strategies. In addition, the writing portion was very well designed, although I teach English, so writing is not something that I feel I will have a problem with.

I will take my test in a few weeks, so we will see how much it helped from there. However
Carolyn
I added this to my read list because I did, in fact, read every word inside it and it should therefore count for my reading challenge for the year. I'm not taking the GRE until the end of September, but it did a great job at explaining everything and it wasn't too boring. I think it's a worthwhile use of your time if you're applying to grad school.
Miss Chevious
Jun 25, 2014 Miss Chevious rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This gre guide is the best investment I've ever made! It gives real world advice on how to work the system, not just how to memorize a bunch of useless facts and numbers. It saved my life (not literally), but I did pass the test, so I guess there's that.
Kelli Rushek
Aug 04, 2016 Kelli Rushek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful, but I wish I would have bought this BEFORE I had started studying for this test like a full-time job a month before.
Heather
Mar 13, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Excellent preparation for the GRE including practice tests.
Catherine
Feb 24, 2013 Catherine rated it really liked it
Great resource for anyone wanting to do the GRE. I only need to do the analytical portion so I didn't read the specifics on the other sections, but otherwise, easy to read and use.
Amy Eilertsen
Amy Eilertsen rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2015
Abdullah
Abdullah rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
john mccann
john mccann rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2014
Ven
Ven rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Radwa
Radwa rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2015
Riche
Riche rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2017
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2016
Charles
Charles rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Tiff
Tiff rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Rakib
Rakib rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2016
Sultan Ali
Sultan Ali rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Samalid
Samalid rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Sascha Perry
Sascha Perry rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Omar Tawfik
Omar Tawfik rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Daniel Tapia
Daniel Tapia rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Christian
Christian rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
CScudlo
CScudlo rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2015
Angela N Norwood
Angela N Norwood rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2015
Alicia Woodrum
Alicia Woodrum rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Markus
Markus rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2014