Start by marking “Hearts & Minds: Talking to Christians about Homosexuality” as Want to Read:
Hearts & Minds: Talking to Christians about Homosexuality

Hearts & Minds: Talking to Christians about Homosexuality

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Homosexuals and their friends, family, and supporters wishing to engage in meaningful and heartfelt discussions with conservative Christians will appreciate this resource of facts and inspirational essays, as will Christians striving to be compassionate and tolerant. By confronting one of this generation's most volatile social issues with civility and respect, the book shi ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Findhorn Press

To ask other readers questions about Hearts & Minds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts & Minds

Anna Shu Sinclair
Excellent Book. I find that when I talk to so called Christians about Homosexual issues that I want to hit them over the head with a Bible (or bat, anything handy) because I find them to be ignorant grasping at their bigotry as if it is a life raft.

This book, points out what I already knew intellectually just find hard to embrace emotionally, anger is not constructive and closes the door on communication.

This book should be read by every anti-Gay person. In fact, I will go a step further, it sh
Scott
I wasn't sure if the author was going to use Scripture to back his claims or not, but I was very surprised to see he did, and not just twisting it to suit his needs, either. What he did was successfully convince me that according to Scripture, God does NOT, in fact, hate "fags," as the Fundies tell you. There is ample evidence, given by the author, that Scripture tells more than to "hate the sin, and love the sinner," but actually preaches a message of love and understanding for everyone. Jesus ...more
Lynn Leslie
The author gives a very good explanation of homosexuality as it relates to the Bible. I'm very glad I read this, it has answered many of my questions. As I've always believed, Jesus asked us to love one another as he loved us. He never said anything about homosexuals. If you have questions, I suggest reading this book.
Liz Filippone
Oct 16, 2008 Liz Filippone rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Liz by: My friend Sue
For someone who was raised Catholic and never read the bible, this book gives a good introduction to understanding it. The author does a wonderful job explaining things in a simple, straight-forward way. This was a quick read but so inspiring to those who are gay or a lesbian or even if you know someone close to you struggling with sexuality and spirituality. It really opened my eyes and saw things in a different perspective.
Mary Frances
Useful for anyone who is not a biblical scholar but wants an overview of the current state of opinion about the bible's few verses that address, or may address, homosexuality. It also offers some insight into how to speak about the subject in language a religious person may be more open to hearing. There are better and more deeply researched books on the topic, but it's a good choice for a layperson.
Tee
I was looking for a good book as a resource for the argument for homosexuality. Sorry to say, I had to look elsewhere.
Kewaun
Kewaun marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Brian
Brian added it
Oct 17, 2012
Darren Main is a yoga and meditation instructor and author. His books include Yoga and the Path of the Urban Mystic, Spiritual Journeys along the Yellow Brick Road, Inner Tranquility, The Yogi Entrepreneur and Hearts and Minds: Talking to Christians about Homosexuality.

He facilitates workshops and gives talks on yoga and modern spirituality throughout the United States and abroad and is the host o
More about Darren Main...
Yoga And The Path Of The Urban Mystic The Yogi Entrepreneur: A Guide to Earning a Mindful Living Through Yoga Spiritual Journeys Along the Yellow Brick Road Inner Tranquility: A Guide to Seated Meditation The Findhorn Book of Meditation