Start by marking “Blasket Spirit: Stories from the Islands” as Want to Read:
Blasket Spirit: Stories from the Islands

Blasket Spirit: Stories from the Islands

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Seeking solitude after personal crisis, Anita Fennelly spent a summer alone on the Great Blasket Island. This is her story, written by candelight, of personal healing and recovery interwoven with the island stories, its people, places and wildlife. Anita weaves a tapestry of tales: ghost stories told by the fireside, stories of love and betrayal, stories celebrating womanh...more
ebook
Published March 2010 by The Collins Press (first published June 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blasket Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blasket Spirit

Jen
I had the pleasure of meeting the author and her young daughter on a trip to Ireland earlier this year. Very modestly, after a period of conversation about the Blasket Islands, she told me she'd published a book of her stories. When I got home, imagine my surprise when I Googled her name and discovered she'd done several interviews about this book and had received some glowing reviews.

If you've ever been to the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland—or if you've only considered it—you must read this book....more
Kirstin
This was written by one of my teachers so my review may be biased! I personally loved the book and it was something I wouldn't normally read, some very interesting things happen in the book but I wont spoil it! I loved the fact that pictures were included throughout the book and also an index for unusual irish words at the back. Great book I would highly recommend it and as it is only 215 pages its a nice summer read.
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Jon
Jon added it
Jan 22, 2014
Don Johanesen
Don Johanesen marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Dorothy Fitzgerald
Dorothy Fitzgerald is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2013
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Lashel Himmer
Lashel Himmer marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2009