The Prince and the Jinn
read book

The Prince and the Jinn (Halloween Howl)

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This was a limited edition free read that is no longer available at Dreamspinner Press. If you'd like to read the story, click the "Download" button for a free download of the story from Goodreads in PDF format.
Published October 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Prince and the Jinn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prince and the Jinn

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I read this because I thought it was related to Shira Anthony's other story from DSP - The Dream of a Thousand Nights. While it is set in the same world and does contain the same characters (I think), it is actually not related to the other book at all. Think of this story as what could happen in an parallel universe from A Thousand Nights.

The Prince (who I think is Neriah) is depressed, a beloved prince by his people, his family and his father and mourning his lost wife, the princess. The Prin...more
Ayanna
As with the other Arabian-inspired Anthony book, I liked the atmosphere. It was nicely mystical and fits rather well with the theme. I feel the plot was a bit too condensed, though, and the resolution seemed a bit rushed.
L-D
This short story reminded me of "It's a Wonderful Life" where the MC is shown what the world would be like without him in it. I thought it was a pretty well told story and I liked the author's writing style.
Anders
Not a sexy story, but a well-written, sweet one. A prince contemplates suicide, griefstricken over the death of his princess. A genie shows him what his kingdom would be like if he died.
Don Bradshaw
A very short but sweet take off on the "what the world would be like without you" theme. The exotic land and easy writing style made the story very enjoyable.
Rachel
Very captivating short story that has me very interested in reading more from this author!
Shira Anthony
Oct 05, 2011 Shira Anthony added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine, m-m-slash, fantasy, angst
This is the short story that inspired, The Dream of a Thousand Nights. Another take on the "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol" theme: what would the world be like if you had died? Rating: G (suitable for work). Written with my good friend and fellow author, Venona Keyes. All the stories in the Halloween Howl had to be less than 3000 words - not an easy feat for me!
Thea Nishimori
Thea Nishimori marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Danielle Saffer
Danielle Saffer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Tereza
Tereza marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
starsaga
starsaga marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Ivy
Ivy marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Therese
Therese marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Toni Whitmire
Toni Whitmire marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Sara Testarossa
Sara Testarossa marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shira Anthony is a complete sucker for a happily-ever-after, and rarely reads or writes a story without one. Never a fan of instalove, Shira likes to write stories about real men with real issues making real relationships work.

In her last incarnation, Shira was a professional opera singer, performing roles in such operas as “Tosca,” “Pagliacci,” and “La Traviata,” among others. Her Blue Notes Ser...more
More about Shira Anthony...
Blue Notes (Blue Notes, #1) Stealing the Wind (Mermen of Ea, #1) The Melody Thief (Blue Notes, #2) Prelude (Blue Notes, #4) Kiss and Makeup (Love is Always Write)