Artistic Vision

Artistic Vision (Gray Court #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,092 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Desire is the raw material. Lust is the spark and love will sculpt their destiny.

"The Gray Court, Book 3"

Akane Russo, one of the Hob s top Blades, can t wait for her current assignment to end. She s been tasked with protecting Shane Dunne from the Malmayne clan s scheme to kidnap him once again. But no one not even her Seer half warned her she d have to protect herself fro...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Artistic Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artistic Vision

Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
I'm loving this series. It's like a world within a world and so masterly created.

In this instalment we see the mating of Akane (half dragon, half seer) and Shane (no one is really sure). We know he has powers though for the majority of his life he's been underestimated not realising he's the best connected and very well respected by those in power. With visions gifting him with information from the future he knows the world is on a precipice...new alliances are being formed, politics and greed a...more
Sondrae Bennett
One of Dana Marie Bell's best!
Kelli Fritz
,Can't wait for the forth book the hob!
"The child of Dunne will one day perform an act that will change our world"

I would say that it is pretty obvious that the child in question is Shane Dunne and after reading this one I have to say I have new question: What does the Black Queen want with not just Shane but all the Dunne's? That was what I was left with at the end of this book but I am jumping ahead and I apologize but I just finished it so the end is very fresh in my mind.

Reading how Shane was trying to "woo" his mate was as very...more
Stephanie
Original Post 9/3/12 at FANGS, WANDS and FAIRY DUST:
Artistic Vision
The Dragon Gets Herself Hot Under the Collar!

ARTISTIC VISION
The Gray Court Book Three
by Dana Marie Bell
Samhain Publications October 2, 2012
E-Book Only: 147 pages, 163 with bonus features
Personal Property. I was able to purchase and download this in August so I don't know about that release date.

Desire is the raw material. Lust is the spark…and love will sculpt their destiny.

Akane Russo, one of the Hob’s top Blades, can’t wait fo
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
Oh. My. Well this earned its 5 stars in my book. I'm a big fan of The Gray Court series. I was looking forward to reading Shane and Akane's story. Most times that usually marks a doomed read for me. Never intentionally, it's just that I always seem to build the anticipation and expectations up so high while I'm waiting for the book to be released that they seem to fall short for me while other readers rave over them. Obviously such was not the case with this story for me.

I love dragons and Akane...more
Sabine Honig
I love anything to do with the magical and supernatural world of dragons, fae, vamps, Sidhe, Leprechauns and other creatures. In her series The Gray Court, Ms. Bell has come up with a world that has all of the elements to make me one happy camper. It has magic, good versus evil, love, mating, seers and prophecies and so much more.
I read the first book, Dare To Believe and loved it – it was a lighthearted introduction to the world Ms. Bell has created. I also read the second story, Noble Blood,...more
Shiran
Holy sweet mother of fantasy! I fricken LOVE this woman!!

I really love the storyline of this series. I tend to find Fae books a bit boring but it's no surprise to me that Dana Marie Bell managed to create a Fae story that I just cannot get enough of.

Shane is an incredible character, his ability to see the future and express it through his art makes him entertaining. He is sexy and cocky, which let's face it we all really love in our fictional men. Akane is a kick ass female and I just loved her...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

RATED A WHIPPED CREAM BEST BOOK!

Artistic Vision is Dana Marie Bell’s third visit to her Grey Court world, and is the best one so far.

Shane Dunne uses his visions to create magnificent art, and the most beautiful piece he’s ever done is of his mate, Akane Russo. Akane is one of Robin Goodfellow’s Blades, and assigned to guard and protect Shane from the treachery and plotting of the Malmayne clan. She isn’t anyone’s mate, no matter how...more
Jessica
I expected this to be my least favorite book of the series so far and it was but not by as far as I thought it would be. First of all the sex scenes *amazing* maybe the best out of all the others. But the relationship took longer for me to get into than the others as well. Something about the interactions between the two rubbed me the wrong way until they actually had sex then they were more in sync with what i wanted to see. Also so much exciting stuff happened in this book but i felt like it w...more
Jill
This one was the best one yet!! I really enjoyed the whole book. The only problem I really have with this series and therefore this book is that I want more!!! More background into their powers, there world, the different courts.Sometimes the answers just seem to be skimmed over. I want that information overload. Maybe its just because I do so love the fae world and this one just seems to give you the tip of the iceberg so to speak.
I love Robin Goodfellow or the Hob, his character is wonderful...more
Claudia
this was my first book in the series and although the story may have been better, if had known some of the backstory, but it was good nevertheless.

the characters were very interesting. I liked Akane as a heroine although the change in Akane was for me not really comprehensible and some of the actions should have really angered her. Shane was a nice guy with a mean streak ... fun

these are not the reasons why only three stars. my problem was the missing feelings and that as a reader you were alwa...more
Mare
Shane Dunne is just funny. I love the banter between Shane & Akane. I Love that Dana Marie Bell has mixed so many of my favorite things together in one series: dragons, fae (especially Robin Goodfellow), vampires & leprechauns.
In their continuous effort to get their way the Malmaynes clan is pulling out the big guns & attacking all the Dunne family. Akane has to protect Shane on Goodfellow’s orders which irritates her to no end… she is annoyed by the farm boy. Slowly Shane tries to...more
Ellissa H
I liked the mains in this a lot better, the world building seems less interesting though. I think the cast of characters is what makes the series at the moment.
Edie
This book started out really promising, with a great heroine, but then she just slowly dumbs down throughout the book. For some kick-arse 'soldier' she is totally out-classed by the hero she is supposed to be protecting, completely drops the ball on her protection job, on several occasions. Then she has a completely TSTL moment with someone who she is supposed to be investigating.
It all FRUSTRATED THE FREAKING HELL out of me, after the TSTL moment, I skipped to the last chapter, which didn't im...more
Cassieblakewitch
I hate no idea that this book would be perfect
As the title says artistic vision it is totally worth reading. Before this i read noble blood n got interested in akane and shane. It is so beautifully written. I adore the way shane teases her but also serious.he is also not caging her. Letting her the person she always been also totally love sean "u meant harm to my daughter-in-law" .he cares n such loving person. It also shows the side of akane caring,
Vulnerable also strong and totally independen...more
gremlin
Definitely my favorite of the series so far. Though I'm looking forward to seeing who the Hob ends up with!

Akane is a dragon/Seer hybrid, one of Robin's Blades, and been given the job to guard Shane Dunne (at least when she's not off doing other work). Shane is a Sidhe/leprechaun hybrid, and despite his dumb farm boy act he's a talented sculptor, a smart guy, and has visions of the future.

He knows as soon as he meets her that she's his mate, and though he has to go slow to get her used to the id...more
Lesli
Funny and light without being campy and stupid. Fluff reading, but perfect for what it is.
Kristin Kinman
This is one scorching hot book. Do NOT read if you want to avoid sex scenes.

It's a fairly common story line for this genre. It's a paranormal romance- one true love, one true bond, no one else can substitute, and they live happily ever after, after life threatening struggle. That's ok. I don't mind the formula and the characters are fun to get to know. This is part of a series- the third book and it was great to watch the characters grow in each book. It made me laugh and smile and that's my id...more
Vee
Loved this book :)
Bluecreek
Even though the heroine, Akane, is of Asian decent (or at least looks), I hesitate to file it as an IR romance because that plays no role in the story. That being said Akane is awesome as a dragon shape-shifting assassin protecting Shane, who is an atypical, yet very alpha, hero in his own right. The two make a great couple even though he has to work at convincing her of that.
SassySami
This was the longest and most detailed of the Gray Court books so far. And so far, it's my favorite in the series. I love Shane and Akane, their personalities and talents, and their romance. The story furthers the underlying Malmayne plot and sets up further stories in the series. I really enjoyed the whole book and can't wait to read more from Ms. Bell.
Nyimah
This one got a lil confusing for me, I had a hard time visualizing the statues and the visions they described so I felt like I was missing something most of the time. I appreciate the growth in the story; the ratio of actual plot/action/dialog to "getting it on" has increased since the first installment.

looking forward to continuing the series.
Lori Meehan
I've looked forward to reading this book, I love the series but this book didn't quite do it for me. I enjoyed the characters, Shane and Akane were great but the book didn't flow well. It felt choppy. I'm looking forward to reading The Hob. I want Robin to find his mate.
Anna
Such an absolutely brilliant story. I am totally loving this series, Shane and Akane are great together and the overarching tale that ties all the books together just keeps getting more interesting.
Eva
All I can say is that I'll be eagerly waiting for the next book.
Again Shane and Akane got their hea, but aside from that the plot is far from over plus we got some new revelations in this book so now there's even more things to sort out. Can't wait.
Naomi
This is my favourite book in this series so far.
Shane has been the BEST character throughout each story & I also love Arkane too. She is perfect for him.
I'm really looking forward to finding out who the Hob & Oberon's mates are!
Micheale
Third in a series and so far I like the story line.

The writing flows well, but there are some characters that seem a little out of sync. Not enough to put me off the story tho.

If there is going to be more, I would buy them.
Marblezzie (Blez)
Of all the Gray court series I've read so far, this third book is the best and funniest. And not to mention, very interesting. I can't wait to read Hob's story. He is actually my favorite character in the series.
  • Unquiet Slumber (Blue Fire, #1)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Dragonfyre (Druid's Glen #6)
  • Portal Guardians (Clash of the Otherworlds, #3)
  • The Dracons' Woman (The Soul-Linked Saga #1)
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #3)
  • Wolf Hills (Brotherhood of Blood #6)
  • Tracking Trisha (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #3)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Deadlock (Southern Arcana, #3)
  • Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4)
  • Darkest Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #7)
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality, #2)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with hon...more
More about Dana Marie Bell...
Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1) The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4) Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3) Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2)

“Man up, Akane. World-wide destruction or talk to your mother.” When she didn’t answer right away, he shook her.
“What? I’m thinking about it.”
5 likes