Start by marking “Grizzly” as Want to Read:

Grizzly (World of Adventure #14)

Justin McCallister loves life on his aunt and uncle's Montana sheep ranch...until a grizzly bear begins terrorizing the livestock, injuring Justin's collie, Radar, and killing his pet lamb, Blue. Justin decides to take matters into his own hands and sets out to track down the bear. But things become more dangerous than Justin ever could have imagined when he comes face-to- ...more
Published October 26th 2011 by Yearling (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Grizzly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grizzly

Orlando Godinez
Mar 29, 2015 Orlando Godinez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing it will blow your mind.The genre of the book is adventure.I think that this book might not looke good but it will make you read more.The setting of the book is at the woods far away from where he lives.

One night justin was sleeping and has a dog called old molly.Radar is also a justins pet dog.He heard something and grabbed a rifle from the fireplace.He went outside and looked around.when he went to sheep the gate was ripped off and tossed aside.when he went in he found dea
Title: World Of Adventure (Grizzly)
Author: Gary Paulsen
Summary: Justin McCallister lives in Montana on his aunt and uncle's sheep ranch. One night, a grizzly attacked the sheep ranch, injuring Justin's collie, Radar (which is Justin's dog), and killing his lamb, Blue. Justin decides to go after the grizzly, and kill it. He goes through a lot of struggles trying to kill the grizzly.
Analyzation: I thought the book was interesting, but weird. It was kind of mysterious in a way. In the end, when J
Book Concierge
Justin lives with his aunt and uncle on their sheep ranch near Billings Montana. It’s an idyllic setting, though hard work, but he loves the life. Now a rogue grizzly bear is terrorizing the ranches in the area. The bear has already killed several sheep and seriously wounded the ranch’s guard dog, Old Molly. Justin’s aunt and uncle go to Billings to meet with a wildlife ranger, and Justin is left to watch over the ranch. When the bear strikes again, Justin feels compelled to go after it.

This is
Derek Poulin
Sep 30, 2011 Derek Poulin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a short book, but it packed a lot in it. A boy who lived in alaska had a sheep that he prized and loved and one day a grizzly bear came and killed it along with all of the other animals. Enraged the boy took a rifle and went out to kill the bear and it turns into a battle between him and the bear. I think any one who enjoys hunting would really enjoy this book I know I did a lot.
David Belokonny
At barely more than fifty pages this was a very short read. I also thought that the reading level was easier than the 5.5 indicated on the back. It was an axciting story but there was minimal character development. Aould be great for a student who needs a book that quickly gets to the action.
Not an especially thrilling story according to Sean. At least the bear survived. Probably good for young 'uns to read for themselves as the language is simple and the plot easy to follow. This edition claims 80 pages, the one I read to Sean had 52, but is not listed at Goodreads.
Aug 14, 2012 Smf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is what I hate about kindle, you don't get an understanding of a book's length. I knew this would be a kid's story, but I thought a full length novel. It was a long short story. Other than that, I enjoyed it. Exciting story full of action and I loved the Montana scenery.
Lisa Haugen
Sep 28, 2010 Lisa Haugen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an older book by Gary Paulsen that I thought my boys would like. It was hard to track down, but worth it. It was a good reading level for lower readers, and had an adventurous storyline that appeals to boys.
Sep 29, 2014 Nicholas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's great if you want a good laugh. Without its hilariously bad moments it'd get a two stars.
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
helen graham
helen graham marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Tatijana marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Drake Davis
Drake Davis marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Milynda Carlson
Milynda Carlson rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ben Stoker
Ben Stoker marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Tanner rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Tanner Skluzaacek
Tanner Skluzaacek rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Daniel Mallett
Daniel Mallett marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Amanda added it
Oct 02, 2015
Tatiana Vasilyeva
Tatiana Vasilyeva marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Emily Mulcahy
Emily Mulcahy marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
AJ Groome
AJ Groome marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Jayson rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Mandie Winward
Mandie Winward rated it really liked it
May 18, 2015
Haley Dircks
Haley Dircks rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Although he was never a dedicated student, Paulsen developed a passion for reading at an early age. After a librarian gave him a book to read--along with his own library card--he was hooked. He began spending hours alone in the basement of his apartment building, reading one book after another.

Running away from home at the age of 14 and traveling with a carnival, Paulsen acquired a taste for adve
More about Gary Paulsen...

World of Adventure (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Legend of Red Horse Cavern (World of Adventure)
  • Rodomonte's Revenge (World of Adventure)
  • Escape from Fire Mountain
  • The Rock Jockeys
  • Hook 'Em Snotty (World of Adventure, #5)
  • Danger on Midnight River (World of Adventure, #6)
  • The Gorgon Slayer (Gary Paulsen World of Adventure)
  • Captive!
  • Project: A Perfect World (World of Adventure)
  • Skydive (World of Adventure, #10)