Evermine (Daughters of Askara #2)

Evermine (Daughters of Askara #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
He can be a slave to his past or allow her love to free him.

"Daughters of Askara, Book 2"

There s such a thing as too much change. Emma s sister is mated. Revolution is brewing in her home realm. The last straw: her would-be mate is back from the dead and back under her skin yet when it comes to the last five years, he s not talking.

Desperate for a chance to start her own l...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Samhain Publishing

Anna
Fabulous read! Daughter of Askara is a wonderful world to read about with an incredible set of characters. I enjoyed Evermine, which is the second book in the series. Emma & Harper's journey was an interesting one. They are very likable couple but, I found myself frustrated with them. They are a couple with personal issues and relationship issues and both have a stubbornness that will make you want to tear your hair out. Ms. Edwards winged-creatures are dominating, sexy and just plain fun to...more
Leigh

I will preface my review by stating, in all caps, if you haven't read Everlong, READ IT NOW! (Before you read this book). Not only is it a fantastic read, Evermine's society/structure/the demon races/etc will make a whole lot more sense. ^_^ I was also pleased that we had a bit more character and environment description in this book versus Everlong. Yay!

However, I was a tiny bit disappointed in a few of the things that happened to some of the main characters in Everlong (ie, the Harper & Mad...more
Buffy Kennedy
Who doesn’t love a tortured hero? I know a lot of us here at GT do, myself included. While the overall feeling from the book is what you expect from Hailey Edwards, but the experience itself is a little darker than her others, and it’s because Harper and Emma have both been through so much and are forced to face and really deal with it. In Everlong, Maddie and Clayton were sweet and cute together, whereas Emma and Harper only have moments like that but simply have a rougher edge. The bottom line...more
Sabine Honig
Want to read a tale spun of another realm where demons rule and where there are slaves. A world where magic and glamour are common, where the demons are gorgeous hunks who have secrets and desires that have to be discovered, where they will protect their mates to the death, and yet where there is also great inequality, death and despair? If the answer is a resounding yes, then you will love Evermine by Hailey Edwards.
Evermine is book two of the Daughters of Askara series by Hailey Edwards. This...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: Terri N
Book provided by: Author
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

The world that Ms. Edwards built for this series is complex and interesting. There’s overthrowing of the queen, civil unrest and raiders. There are bad guys who can control your mind and sexy males to protect your honor. I’m looking forward to exploring more of Askara.

I have to say that I had a hard time getting into this book at the beginning. If you haven’t read the first book, or in my case it’s been a w...more
MK
This is the second book to the Daughters of Askara series and about Emma and Harper. Both have troubled pasts and wanted a new future. They deny their feelings but later sucumbed on what their heart wants. Anyway, I'm kinda left out of the story because it ended for me without any actions or revenge to the villain. The court's intrigue and betrayal is really aggravating. I wish there is some kind of justice for the victims in the third book.
A. Sexton M/M love
A. Sexton M/M love marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Angel
Angel added it
Apr 30, 2014
Missie Kurr
Missie Kurr marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Lettie
Lettie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Perspehone
Perspehone marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Kirsten Arnoldi
Kirsten Arnoldi marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kimm
Kimm marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Rochi
Rochi marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Nicola Murdochrundell
Nicola Murdochrundell marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Bea
Bea marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Chrys
Chrys marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Ctina2426
Ctina2426 marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
A Hint of Frost (Araneae Nation, #1) Everlong (Daughters of Askara #1) A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2) Soul Weaver A Time of Dying (Araneae Nation, #3)