Start by marking “I'm on LinkedIn--Now What???” as Want to Read:
I'm on LinkedIn--Now What???

I'm on LinkedIn--Now What???

"I'm on LinkedIn--Now What??? (Third Edition)" is regularly referred to as "the bible on LinkedIn" because it was one of the first LinkedIn books in print. At the present time, it is the only LinkedIn book in the third edition. This LinkedIn book is designed to help you get the most out of LinkedIn, which has become the most popular business networking site. It is one of " ...more
ebook, Third Edition, 155 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Happy about (first published September 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I'm on LinkedIn--Now What???, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm on LinkedIn--Now What???

Gary Dale Cearley
I have been a faithful LinkedIn user since the service started. I literally was one of the very first people to sign up to use this new business networking tool back in 2003. Because of this I anxiously read Jason Alba’s book, I’m on LinkedIn, Now What??? A Guide to Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn, from cover to cover in one sitting while sitting on the beach in Hua Hin, Thailand.

Before I get started on Jason’s book I would like to say a few things. I am not LinkedIn newbie – no, not me. Over t
Sebah Al-Ali
مع كل البهرجة التي لحقت الويب 2، يعد هذا الموقع كما فهمت من الأماكن المهمة لزيادة فرص الحصول على وظيفة أو الاهتمام بالحياة المهنية. من خلال هذا الكتاب، فهمت أسباب أهمية هذه الخدمة، و مقاييس النجاح فيها: أن يكون لديك "ارتباطات" كثيرة.

الكتاب مفيد و مبسط، يسهل من عملية فهم الموقع و كيفية التعامل معه، و كيف تجعل استخدامك له طريقا مضمونا للفائدة. مع ذلك، اكتفيت بقراءة الفصول التي تعطي الصورة العامة عن الموقع، دون الخوض في تفاصيل إعداد الحساب و غيره.

"LinkedIn is a website where you can find
Apr 08, 2009 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm on LinkedIn--Now What??? is a very useful and informative book for a new user on LinkedIn. Not only does the book provide great examples and suggestions for how to best use LinkedIn, it also provides additional resources throughout the book for the reader who would like to learn more. As a college career counselor, I found the book to be an excellent resource to help me better assist my students with developing their own LinkedIn accounts for the purpose of networking, personal branding, and ...more
Mar 15, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a bad book. In fact, it is a good book for a relatively new LinkedIn user.

I am torn between rating it based on the quality of the book or rating it based on the usefulness to me. On quality of the book I'll give it a 3. This is mostly tipped by that he provides very good links for further information on the subject. :)
Jul 21, 2008 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: job searchers, business owners, professionals
Recommended to Sara by: Jason Alba
Shelves: business, non-fiction
This is a helpful book for anyone who would like to get more out of their involvement on LinkedIn. LinkedIn doesn't have the most user-friendly features, and there's a bit of a learning curve. What you learn from this book is that to get the most out of LinkedIn as a networking tool, you've got to actively use it and make it an important part of your networking strategy.
Apr 30, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a job!
I'm already very adept at using LinkedIn, but have been coming across more and more people, recently laid off or freaking out about getting laid off, that really don't understand how powerful a tool LinkedIn can be for their job search. I read this in order to get a feel for the quality of the book and to see if it's worth recommending -- IT IS!
Kathleen Rainwater
Sep 23, 2012 Kathleen Rainwater rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
If one of your acquaintances has just convinced you to create a profile on Linked In, but didn’t tell you how to use it, this is a book you will want to read. The author does more than explain how to use LinkedIn, he also advises you about the best way to use the advanced features, and cautions you about practices to avoid.
Jul 25, 2008 Catherine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book will not give you any additional insight on how to use LinkedIn for marketing -- at least anything more than what is already available through their 'help' information. Save your money.

If you want an old history of how the author used it, then this is a good book.
Teena in Toronto
I signed onto LinkedIn but haven't really done anything with it.

This book was an excellent guide on not only how to use but also why to use LinkedIn.

And there are some great link and book recommendations, along with an accompanying website.
Russ Mathers
Mar 14, 2014 Russ Mathers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good overview, shared some good techniques and good links to blogs and sites further discussing LinkedIn, including the author's own site.
Apr 13, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned more about this site that I have joined, but don't know that I have been inspired to spend a great deal of time developing my profile.
Jan 03, 2009 Bill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually met Jason thru LinkedIn and even though I have been on LI longer than most people I found this book a must read since there is so much more that I needed to learn...and continue to learn.
Jan 05, 2011 Patrick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed, 2010, self-help
Just really not all that much here. The second star is not actually for anything in the text, but for some good links you're pointed to.
Bjorn Hardarson
Bjorn Hardarson rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2011
John rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Jennifer Baldridge
Jennifer Baldridge rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2012
Tammy rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Michael Tannery
Michael Tannery rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2013
Kristin rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2012
Seth Mccombs
Seth Mccombs rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Mary rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2008
Lara rated it it was ok
May 25, 2014
Melinda McCrady
Melinda McCrady rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Ed Gagliardi
Ed Gagliardi rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2015
Roxanne Mapp
Roxanne Mapp rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Mmyhp rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2007
Richard Stephenson
Richard Stephenson rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2010
Jewel rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2008