Start by marking “Craving the Forbidden” as Want to Read:
Craving the Forbidden

Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  208 ratings  ·  25 reviews

The wrong Fitzroy brother?
Ticket-dodging in a first-class train carriage is not how bubbly Sophie Greenham envisaged meeting Kit Fitzroy, wealthy aristocrat, fearless army hero and brother of her friend Jasper. The smouldering heat between her and Kit is an unwelcome shock--especially as Sophie is masquerading as Jasper's girlfriend all holiday!
Although Kit's bravery is
Published December 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Craving the Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craving the Forbidden

Saly
This starts of Sophie and Kit's story and it was very enjoyable though it had many HP tropes, Sophie meeting Kit in an embarrassing way on the train when she is dressed badly, tired then it turns out that he is the brother of her friend Jasper, who is gay and she is pretending to be his girlfriend.

Kit has a very bad impression of her and there is smoking hot chemistry between them, then there is his dysfunctional daddy. The book ends with them kind of together, with Kit all set to go back to his
RLA
The heroine Sophie and the hero Kit meet on a busy north bound train. Not only is Kit witness to Sophie's embarrassing state of dress and an awkward phone call but, unbeknownst to either of them, Kit is the brother of Sophie's best friend Jasper. Sophie has promised Jasper that she will pretend to be his girlfriend for the weekend as he has not told his rather traditional parents that he is gay. But Kit's presence and obvious disdain for her makes Sophie feel very awkward. Kit sees Sophie as jus ...more
Honour
I think I was about nineteen when I pretty much stopped reading category romances. I still liked them, but none of the blurbs really called me to pick the books up.
I read this book because I had time and nothing else to do in it. Strictly speaking if I were to compare the writing, the technique, the character development and so on to many authors I've recently read in other genres I would end up giving it a hopeful 3 stars. But I'm not comparing.
I was feeling restless and grim and India Grey gav
Alex is The Romance Fox
I adore anything written by India Grey, who is one of my favorite Mills & Boon writers.

Craving the Forbidden is book one in the Fitzroy Legacy – the story of a girl masquerading as her gay best friend’s girlfriend who falls in love with his brother.
Kit Fitzroy is a tortured, lonely wealthy aristocrat, on his way to attend his father’s birthday party meets Sophie Greenham, an outgoing, outrageous, loving and loyal actress – loved that she had just worked on a vampire B-grade movie ----who is
Jacqueline
I liked this pretty well. I loved the hero. We very rarely see British military men in modern romances. I could visualize him and his stoic mien and stiff upper lip thing. There were enough scenes written in his POV that you could see to the lonely man behind all that. The heroine was lovely and you could tell she was a sweet girl and she was also a lonely soul and they were meant to be together.

Occasional scenes might have been more concrete but I know that just the way I prefer books to be and
Tawnya
India Grey wrote a good story about Kit Fitzroy and Sophie Greenham. Kit can't stand the fact that he thinks his brothers girlfriend is an unfaithful gold digger, that he wants for himself. Since meeting Kit, Sophie hates the fact that she is playing Jaspers girlfriend. And then neither can deny the passion between the two.
Amy
I was impressed that this book included a leading woman who wasn't a virgin and a leading man who wasn't either a billionaire, sheikh or prince. Not only that, but I was impressed that the author chose to recognize the LGTB community in this book. Sophie, the leading lady, came to the Fitzroy castle with her close friend Jasper to ACT in the role as his girlfriend so that he could keep his sexual orientation secret from his family during the course of his father's birthday celebration. Problems ...more
Stephanie
finding love when it was least expected and having all these preconceptions and judgements without knowing the full story.....my do I love these kind of books! enjoyed reading it :-D
Tonya Warner
Very nice.

Sophie Greenham has lived an eccentric life. Acting as the pretend girlfriend for her good, in-the-closet-still friend Jasper Fitzroy should be a piece of cake. That is, until she meets up with Kit Fitzroy and finds herself hot for the older brother.

Kit has put aside his military career to come home for his father's birthday. Trying to get his father to deal with the family estate before his death proves impossible. But finding himself wanting his brother's girlfriend is even worse.

Des
Alicet
The title is very apt for this book- which by itself is an improvement to most HP's. I enjoyed the story- it had wonderfully drawn characters especially with Sophy, an actress pretending to be the fiancee of her gay friend and Kit, the brooding war hero and brother to Sophy's pretend fiance. The attraction between them is immediate- it doesn't hurt that Sophy is beautiful and was wearing quite trashy clothes when they first met. With Kit feeling guilty for the attraction and Sophy feeling that s ...more
Tasneem
I enjoyed this story about Sophie and Kit. Firstly because Sophie is so much of a party-girl but with a heart of gold. She is sweet inspite of her supposedly gold-digger attitude to life. I adore how fond she is of Jasper, of how she tries her best to act as his girl-friend even as she helps him with his lover Sergio.
Kit is dark, brooding and suspicious of love and emotion. Their attraction is so instantaneous. And their attempts to understand the lies within lies of their worlds and realities
Nanette
typical harlequin.
Prisma
I only gave this a 3 because I enjoyed books by India Grey from the very beginning but I am a bit disappointed with the impression that I got of the heroine in the book as being of somewhat of "loose" morals when her past sexual history was mentionned. I understand that harlequin is now becoming somewhat modernized but india grey in this book has made quite giant leap into the future...remains to be seen what book to will be like which I am currently reading right now.
Livia
This was an intriguing story. I've not read any books where the hero, is a current war hero from another country, but it is very interesting that this author's description of a British soldier is no different than a US military man. It's clear the story of Kit and Sophie is just beginning and I certainly hope that in book 2, IN BED WITH A STRANGER, Sophie has grown a bit, I still haven't decided if I like her character or not. I will say however that I do love Kit!
Bukola
Another awesome book by India Grey. I'm all about the heroine in any book I read. I guess I'm sexist like that. The heroine is caught between helping her friend to keep his secret by pretending to be his fiancée and the intense attraction between herself and his cold elder brother. Hmmm steamy .. When the hero finally gave in to his feelings #fanning myself# lol it was so super steamy and vivid. Loved it!
Tracey
Really enjoyed this. Engaged with and liked Sophie and Kit from the start. Sophie puts her acting skills to the test when she steps into the role as girlfriend to her gay best friend. Kit proves he's nobody's fool and sees through her deceit. How can she want his brother when she can't resist him? He can't ignore the lies or the sizzling attraction between them. And does he need to when the lies begin to unfold?
Cecilia
A bit of the same-olds in the conflict from the hero's side, as in he believes the heroine is a slutty gold-digger type, but the reason for the heroine's actions are rather more modern. How Grey deals with Jasper's situation is a nice balance of spending enough time on it to make it feel real, and not so much that it takes away from the main romance. All in all, a solid HP that feels quite fresh.
Melanie (Moviemavengal)
Read the review on Dear Author and so glad I picked this up. Really satisfying conflict that keeps the hero thinking she's forbidden. Sophie is posing as his brothers girlfriend because he's gay and not out to his family. Lots of yummy sexual tension. The scene where the hero braves a snowstorm to buy her tampons and chocolate - priceless! Four and a half stars.
Michelle Styles
India Grey doesn't disappoint and this is one in her trademark style. I can't wait for the second part. She reminds me very much of Rosamunde Pilcher with this country house offering.
Diane
well, this certainly isn't your typical HP! the heroine is no shrinking virgin, the hero has big issues, and the OM--the hero's brother--is gay but not out of the closet!
Mel Teshco
India Grey is def one of my fav category authors =)
Maria
A tortured hero finds solace with an unexpected heroine.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fitzroy Legacy
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fitzroy Legacy
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • The Power of Vasilii
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten (Harlequin Presents #3034)
  • The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • With This Fling
  • The Man Every Woman Wants
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • A Shameful Consequence
India Grey was born in England, UK. A self-confessed romance junkie, she was just thirteen years old when she first sent away for the Mills & Boon Writers' Guidelines. She can still recall the thrill of getting the large brown envelope with its distinctive logo through the letterbox, and subsequently whiled away many a dull school-day staring out the window and dreaming of the perfect hero. Sh ...more
More about India Grey...
Her Last Night of Innocence Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3) The Society Wife Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper Taken For Revenge, Bedded For Pleasure