Start by marking “Lily in the Snow and Other Elemental Tales” as Want to Read:
Lily in the Snow and Other Elemental Tales

Lily in the Snow and Other Elemental Tales

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Take a journey of love, renewal, and self-discovery in this magical anthology from YA fantasy author Christine E. Schulze:

Mica Schist, a young, naive rock Elemental, has lived all her life in the mountains with Pierson, her melancholy guardian. When Jewett, an Earth Elemental, visits their cave, Mica’s world is turned upside-down—as is her heart. She longs for a life outsi
Published January 19th 2012 by Old Line Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lily in the Snow and Other Elemental Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily in the Snow and Other Elemental Tales

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Great Books with BLACK covers
166th out of 1,235 books — 691 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Path to Sacrifice by Chris       SmithScepter of Faith by Chris       Smith
Best Christian Fantasy books
135th out of 236 books — 244 voters

More lists with this book...

Lily in the Snow, a new YA Fantasy book from author Christine Schulze, "is an anthology of six stories about all sorts of different Elementals. From Earth to Fire to Stone, all are magical beings with unique and beautiful coming-of-age adventures and romances." At 506 pages, the stories in here are, though short, detailed and fulfilling, and overall the book carries some poignant, but by no means overpowering, religious overtones that blend nicely with the more important romances and relationshi ...more
Brad Sells
If I can finish a 506 page novel in less than 24 hours, this tells me that this novel was amazing.

My all-time favorite Christine E. Schuzle novel, and now one of my all-time favorite novels. Each section of this book was interesting, unique, original, and mind-blowing. I never got bored and was always at the edge of my seat, reading each word carefully and wanting more and more of the story.

And guess what, I read this on my computer. Usually, I hate reading stuff on my computer. Now, I'm gratefu
Melissa Burke
*Note: I wrote most of this review as I was reading so it’s pretty long*
This was definitely an interesting book, filled with stories that were completely different but also connected which is something I found kind of exciting.

I couldn’t really get into the first story, “Lily In The Snow” (AKA the story the book was named after) so I actually ended up skipping it after reading the first two and a half chapters. It moved in a really slow pace to the point where it felt like nothing was happening
This book was given to me as an advance read by Christine Schulze; thank you so much I feel privileged for having a chance to read this unique book. This book I believe was beautifully written with unique stories that will catch you by surprise, and will have you wanting to read more by Christine. I loved every story, the first was my favorite about a unique rock element finding love with an earth element, a love that was going to be hard to withstand for she could not live outside of her elemen ...more
Lily in the Snow is a new YA Fantasy book from author, Christine Schulze. "It is an anthology of six stories about all sorts of different Elementals. From Earth to Fire to Stone, all are magical beings with unique and beautiful coming-of-age adventures and romances." (quoted from Christine's email to me) Christine Schulze is the author of many wonderful stories, one of which I reviewed previously for her ~ Bloodmaiden. I am excited to be able to read, review and promote her new book.

My Review:

This book was given to me by the author Christine Schulze as a pfd file. I really enjoyed the stories in this book. Usually I'm not a big fan of short stories, I like full novels, because there is more development, descriptions, etc. But these were excellent stories. They were all descriptive, I don't feel like I've missed out on not having a separate book for each one.

The first story Lily in the Snow is the summary that you get for the book. A nice, romantic story about choices and their conse
I was asked to read Lily in the Snow and other Elemental tales by Christine in return for a review.

The book contains a number of tales about elemental beings. I can't say I've read much about elementals before, but I did appreciate how much effort Christine put into making her characters come to life.

The two stories I enjoyed the most were Lily in the Snow and The story teller.

Lily in the Snow: I found this a little slow to start with, but it was a beautiful, slightly melodramatic story. I like
Cana Elene (
This is an anthology of short stories about the Elementals, of which I love to read about. There are six stories and each one is full of romance, adventure and even a bit of mystery. I honestly can’t tell you which story I enjoyed the most, though I think if I was going to be forced to pick one, I’d pick Lily in the Snow…. And that might just be because I enjoyed the ending.
I personally love Ms. Schulze’s short stories, just for the fact that they are fast paced and full of adventure and romanc
This normally would not have taken me so long to read, as I love Christine's writting, but I had the misfortune of spending the last three months in and out of the hospital. I started and re-started about four times before I finished, and I am glad that I did. This collection of stories really helped lift my spirit as they told of love, sacrifice, and the eternal love of Amiel/God. I couldn't actually pick a facorite because each one touched me in a different way, and was greatly appreciated by ...more
Autographed Book Giveaway & Review: We’re participating in the Fairy Tale Giveaway Hop, and our giveaway for that hop is Lily in the Snow & Other Elemental Tales by Christine E. Schulze. This collection of short stories and novella-length stories includes 6 tales about different elementals, all of which read a bit like classic fairy tales. I haven’t read many elemental stories; however, I did enjoy these. They do seem to be more geared toward a tween and teen audience; however, adults wh ...more
Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!!! I really loved all of the stories in this anthology. They were different and connected, I can't decide which I loved best. I loved the first story; Lily in the Snow; it was sweet, suspenseful and had wonderful ending. I loved the love and caring Mica and Jewwy shared, and the surprising ending. That was so sweet. The Story Teller, Labyrinth: Heart of Stone and Ashling Spyral were all phenomenal stories! The different types of characters were all diverse and fascin ...more
I unfortunatly could not continue reading this book because it would no longer open on my computer. It made me really sad because this book is way worth reading. I would reccomend to anyone. It is a completelly unique story and I love the whole concept. The author did a great job with the discription that I was fully engaged and was never confused. I reccomend that you give this book a try you will not be dissapointed expecially if you love anything mysterious and fantasical.
This book is a very long read, but, Christine's collection of short Elemental tales was well worth the time. Each character made you fall in love, and you literally "see" everything happening around you. Picturesque places, times and people make this a tasty treat compared to some of the other "drivel" out there.

This book was given to reader as a "pre-read".
I'm so glad I recieved a copy of this book from Goodreads...I absolutely loved this book. It was very beautifully written and I have to say that from all the stories in this book that Labyrinth: Heart of Stone was by far my favorite. :)

It's definetly one I will pick up and read again.
You can't help but fall in love with the characters. The book is well-paced and the characters immediately suck you into the story. Christine's way of writing really makes you feel as if you are there. I think Lily in the Snow was my favorite tale since it was so touching.
Lovely, just lovely stories. They vary from various themes but as always, Christine E. Schulze brings purpose and meaning to each story. A wonderful read for both adult and child readers.
Book was pretty good. I liked the second and fourth story the best. I didn't like the first one that much and the last one was a little sad for me.
I liked the stories but had a hard time getting into it. Not sure why. I guess it just couldn't hold my attention.
Review to follow later.
I really don't even know where to begin with how much I didn't like this book. I see what was trying to be achieve with the imagery of this magical, elemental place - and at times I was excited by the magic the author created - but most of the time I was just annoyed and confused.

I think the biggest thing that got me was the 'romance' of it. The first couple of stories started with strong, independent females, looking to break out and explore the world, to be their own woman, to fend for themse
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Annabell

I had been looking forward to reading this book, excited by the elemental aspects to the book but Lily in the Snow offered no winning qualities to me. There isn’t very much I can say about the book because honestly, I couldn’t get through it.

The book ended just as boring as the beginning. The characters were extremely underdeveloped and bland. I could appreciate the new and imaginative world the author was trying to create but the execution faile
Amy Grieve
Personally I tend not to go for books with short stories because sometimes the plots and characters don't have time to develop and they usually leave me feeling underwhelmed. This time that was not the case though. Each story was packed with vivid descriptions, complicated characters and possibly the most inventive world ever.
Aug 04, 2014 Lauron marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hoping I can and review!
Feb 15, 2012 Erin marked it as to-read
I thought I recognized this book. The cover is exactly the same as a different book I read, Splintered: Sierra's Legacy: The Eldwitch Chronicles. I had no idea that covers could be used by multiple people. The books are different in terms of titles, content, and authors. The covers are exactly the same though.
It's late and I need to think about this one.
Sarah Shortgirl
Sarah Shortgirl is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2015
:leah marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
  • Shattered (Desire, #2)
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • The Between (Changeling's Choice #1)
  • Amber Frost (The Lost Magic, #1)
  • Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)
  • Sinful
  • Wolf Blood
  • Haunted Animals: True Ghost Stories
  • Haunting Embrace (Mists of Ireland, #4)
  • The Jane Austen Guide to Happily Ever After
  • Total Abandon
  • Almost Human (Almost Human,The First Trilogy #1-3)
  • Mers
  • Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Not So Snow White
  • The Wolf Within
  • Tangled Souls
  • Fanfare
Christine E. Schulze has been creating books since she was too young to even write them in words. Her collection of YA and MG fantasy and Christian Fantasy books, The Amielian Legacy, is comprised of series and stand-alone books which can all be read separately but which weave together to create an amazing fantasy.

One of her main aspirations for The Amielian Legacy is to be able to create grand f
More about Christine E. Schulze...