Start by marking “Groucho Marx and the Broadway Murders: A Mystery Featuring Groucho Marx” as Want to Read:
Groucho Marx and the Broadway Murders: A Mystery Featuring Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx and the Broadway Murders: A Mystery Featuring Groucho Marx (Groucho Marx #4)

In Ron Goulart's well received series featuring comedian-cum-amateur sleuth Groucho Marx, Groucho and his writer Frank Denby have made a name for themselves as detectives. In fact, in their last case, they were able to outsmart Sherlock Holmes, or at least the actor playing him. However, both men play down their sleuthing abilities and to escape their new reputation, Grouc ...more
Published July 13th 2001 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Groucho Marx and the Broadway Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groucho Marx and the Broadway Murders

Nathan
Jan 02, 2014 Nathan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Sadly, I was hoping for a little more with this one. But in a way, it was what I expected from the title. I'd be more willing to forgive it were it a better interpretation of Groucho himself. He uses too many so-so lines too fast for the reader to fully appreciate any given one.

Apart from that, the mystery itself wasn't all that compelling, and I didn't find the methodology all that plausible. But I've seen (and accepted) movies with more ill-contrived murder plots.

In the end, it did still
Mike
Mar 07, 2008 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I think I remember this one. I read as many of the Groucho Marx detective books as I could all in a row. I remember them being very good for the most part, but by the time I got to the fourth and fifth book they were becoming repetetive. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I read this one, but nothing stands out about it that makes me think "Oh Yeah! That one!" I think I remember the train, and that it takes place on one, but other than that I can't be of much help. Overall this series is fun, but mayb ...more
Andrew
Mar 29, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor-satire
I've now read 4 of the books in this series, and have found each to be a quick, enjoyable read. Have always been a fan of Groucho, nice to see this fictionalized (uh, it IS fictional, isn't it Ron Goulart??) look at the man and a strange little hobby - solving mysteries & murders!

Groucho's off-camera persona is usually just like his on-camera one. Occasionally, he can get serious, or contemplative - but usually he's just a smartarse. I like that in a person!!

Two more books in this series to
Susan
When a Los Angeles mobster is murdered, the dead man's boss asks Groucho to investigate. Fortunately, Groucho is on his way east, to appear in The Mikado, and his sidekick Frank Denby is also going to New York, to help write a radio show. On the train east, they run into an unpleasant producer, his newly discovered star, an English actress, and a variety of other characters. Some of them reappear in New York, and one of them is dead.
Tim Deforest
Tim Deforest rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Joy Jakubaitis
Joy Jakubaitis rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Hannah Rinald
Hannah Rinald rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Maryanne
Maryanne rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Jordan
Jordan rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2008
Robert James
Robert James rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2009
Samuel
Samuel rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2013
Priscila
Priscila rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2012
DW
DW rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2016
Dan Shonka
Dan Shonka rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2014
Mary  Lewys
Mary Lewys rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2008
Noreen
Noreen rated it it was ok
May 15, 2016
Matthew London
Matthew London rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Kimberly Pierce
Kimberly Pierce rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Gerry
Gerry rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2014
Karl
Karl rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Cellyn
Cellyn rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2010
Christian
Christian rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2010
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2008
Rick Phillips
Mar 08, 2012 Rick Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ron Goulart at his best. This is probably the best in the Groucho Marx mystery series.
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Tmmercury
Tmmercury rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Duane
Duane rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2013
Scott Rowland
Scott Rowland rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Ron Goulart (b. 1933) is a cultural historian and novelist. Besides writing extensively about pulp fiction—including the seminal Cheap Thrills: An Informal History of Pulp Magazines (1972)—Goulart has written for the pulps since 1952, when the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction published his first story, a sci-fi parody of letters to the editor. Since then he has written dozens of novels an ...more
More about Ron Goulart...

Groucho Marx (6 books)